• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they'd implement a tournament system in game. Even FIFA style where you're not locked into a bracket with particular people but each round you win it searches for other teams who are in the same round as you. Have them available for a short period each month so when it happens it's an event and you get a higher user base playing it.

I wish they'd implement a tournament system in game. Even FIFA style where you're not locked into a bracket with particular people but each round you win it searches for other teams who are in the same round as you. Have them available for a short period each month so when it happens it's an event and you get a higher user base playing it.

This would actually be really great.

KanameYuuki

Something I feel we are missing is the ability to change team color schemes while playing online, there are some really cool colors in season mode and we are stuck with RvB.

I know it is impossible to do it random for every match because people are just going to complain that they hate that color, etc. but if they could implement it locally it would be great, an option with with something like, own team color and rival team color so it only affects each person's end.

AcridMeat

Banned
I know it is impossible to do it random for every match because people are just going to complain that they hate that color, etc. but if they could implement it locally it would be great, an option with with something like, own team color and rival team color so it only affects each person's end.
I was hoping this would come with 3v3 ranked teams, but alas.

I did really enjoy that about the season mode.

Decided to split screen cheese the "knock someone into the ball to score" trophy.

Then proceed to do it twice legitimately the next online match I played.

Rocket League.

So I've been having really terrible lag problems, but it has nothing to do with my internet speed. The reason I know this is because I've connected to three different peoples internet connections, all which are good, and each person could play rocket league with their internet just fine with no lag. But when I connected to their internet on my Surface Pro I experienced lag. The frame rate was smooth but my car was jolting all over the place unpredictably and so was the ball. My brother says it might be a performance problem but I can play the game just fine with bots locally and get a solid 45 FPS on performance settings. Anyone know what might cause this? I'm also getting a red triangle symbol with a cable disconnecting occasionally.

Anybody have a solution for this issue? I don't think its a server problem on their end because its constant. Unless all the servers are like this but I think more people would notice. I've been looking around online and there's been a lot of people having this same problem but no answers. I just got a new surface last week (battery failed) and I tried rocket league again to see if that would fix it but I'm having the same issues. Not sure why this particular computer would be the problem.

This is really depressing cause I really wanted to play this game but this extremely frustrating lag is making it basically unplayable. I guess I just wasted money on this due to this apparently unfixable lag that no one knows what is the cause, which really sucks. I wish the steam refund system would somehow work for situations like mine since the product I bought is basically broken but I've played it for over two hours and its been a month.

Unicorn

What Surface are you using. My Surface Pro 2 is handling it well. There were occasional isolated lag and performance hitches that were completely out of the ordinary, but lately it's been doing well. Sometimes the rain stages give me lower framerate, but that's separate than the oddly elusive lag and performance hitches that persist after restarts. They have to be server related because the issues come and go and have mostly vanished recently.

Something I feel we are missing is the ability to change team color schemes while playing online, there are some really cool colors in season mode and we are stuck with RvB.

I've been wanting the same thing. Also to incorporate the logos somehow from season mode. They seem wasted there.

On a separate note, this is from a game tonight. They call this in sports "intangibles."

hogpHpa.gif

J. Bravo

Was coming to say I just played him haha. Damn! I would've tried harder! Lol. 2-1 loss :(. My teammate wanted to quit after the first goal.

He probably took it easy on us.

Sorry forgot to reply!! He was not exactly taking it easy, at least not on you guys specifically. Just seemingly not putting forth much effort, I think because he was playing on Euro servers with markydooda maybe?

Also, what are people's steam names? I just bought this game on steam with a buddy so I need some decent peeps to play with!

We gotta get some weekly GAF games going again. I haven't played in many but they were a lot of fun. We should choose a time/day to get together and play.

Pepiope

Sorry forgot to reply!! He was not exactly taking it easy, at least not on you guys specifically. Just seemingly not putting forth much effort, I think because he was playing on Euro servers with markydooda maybe?

Also, what are people's steam names? I just bought this game on steam with a buddy so I need some decent peeps to play with!
Yeah I think he just doesn't try to go for anything spectacular unless he needs to. I wound up taking him to OT a day later and he pretty much scored within the first 30 seconds in OT.

My name is the same as my GAF name. Add me if you like.

It happens to the best of us.

Well that was short lived. The other (trolly) guy in the match was my 2v2 partner. He often puts snarky comments against the other team when we play. I asked him not to be like that in this lobby, but obviously he didn't listen. Wont be inviting him back.

KanameYuuki

I didn't mind him at all, he was pretty good, and I feel I learn a lot more against good players.

I only play chaos online and no other mode, but while playing with you guys, I can notice so much that I need to learn a lot of things and that I should try 2v2 and 3v3 but I'm not really into anything mp competitive, while I find 4v4 a cooperative mp it that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom