• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musician

Anyone's ping suddenly high? I went from 20 to 120 after the servers were down :( Tried restarting the router, releasing/renewing ip and uninstall/install.

Ran rp

Is the game frequently locking up for anyone else lately? Almost every day I play it freezes up mid match and is completely unresponsive and I have to close the game. This is the only game it's happening with. PS4 version.

PSY・S;179979808 said:
Is the game frequently locking up for anyone else lately? Almost every day I play it freezes up mid match and is completely unresponsive and I have to close the game. This is the only game it's happening with. PS4 version.

It froze on me twice yesterday, both times preceded by the sound dropping out completely. Never had an issue with the game before that.

Ayy

MRLILRL.jpg

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Do you guys usually play with Ball Camera on or off?
It was very frustrating for me to play with Ball Camera on at the beginning, because it messed up with my perspective of the field and I was missing the ball constantly.
Once I turned off Ball Camera, I became much better at the game.
After a while, though, I started realizing that performing aerials is close to impossible with Ball Camera turned off, because you don't get to see where the ball is until it's too late to perform the aerial.

So, do you use Ball Cam?
If not, how do you do aerials?

Ballcam majority of the time for me. I only switch when scanning the field / looking for boost.

What solo rank are you guys? Looking for teammates in 2v2 / 3v3.
I'm 716 solo and climbing.

Donos

I kinda like Solo - basically just because if you make a mistake it's normally an instant goal; so the stakes are a little higher when you go flying for that aerial.

Have been playing 2v2 a lot lately, though - I get really annoyed when my teammate just sits as a goalie the entire game. That's doable in 3v3, but in 2v2 it puts you at a severe disadvantage.

YES.WHY! And even when we are 1 goal behind. Yeah, me going solo vs 2 to make a lucky goal is a good strategy. Really don't get it. And then these fulltime "goalkeepers" let roll an easy ball by...

Overall, people are pretty good in my matchmaking now but i also encounter way more and often people that cry noob at you (teammates and enemies) when you miss an easy goal or fail to make a save. I'm really polite all the time, even when i play with a really bad teammate (keep saying "no problem" when they fuck up). Also almost play the games to the end. No matter how bad behind we are.

YES.WHY! And even when we are 1 goal behind. Yeah, me going solo vs 2 to make a lucky goal is a good strategy. Really don't get it. And then these fulltime "goalkeepers" let roll an easy ball by...

Overall, people are pretty good in my matchmaking now but i also encounter way more and often people that cry noob at you (teammates and enemies) when you miss an easy goal or fail to make a save. I'm really polite all the time, even when i play with a really bad teammate (keep saying "no problem" when they fuck up). Also almost play the games to the end. No matter how bad behind we are.

After playing so much solo ranked I now prefer a full time goal keeper. So many people fail to rotate and long goals make us lose games.

Donos

After playing so much solo ranked I now prefer a full time goal keeper. So many people fail to rotate and long goals make us lose games.

Well if you are really really good vs 2 flexible guys ok, but from some positions close to the goal you can only do a good pass instead of a shot on goal because of the steep angle. Then you see the ball trailing just before the empty enemy goal and you expect your teammate to just shove it in, only to see that he's still standing on your goal line way back. While it's 1:2 and 30 seconds left...
If we are leading or it's close to overtime with 2:2 then okay, but not if we need to push for a goal. If we push together and recieve a long goal against us to the 1:3, i don't care since loosing is loosing.

If prefer that someone is on the line when enemy is attacking or in our half but when the ball goes into their half, move up. It's more risky but the most goals i did or assist is when on teammate does a assist out of the enemy corner and the ball comes from above right before the enemy goal. These are not easy to block/save.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I had an amazing doubles game where we were down 0-5, came back in final minute. Last 10 seconds they score a goal. Then we barely get in a goal at 0:01 to tie it up.

OT was 3 minutes long, and we scored with an aerial.

This game is still so, so amazing.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Hadn't really been putting much effort in but I decided tonight would be the night I actually go for it and rank up in 1v1. Only went from midway in B1 to hitting B2 but I'm happy with my results tonight. Onwards to B3 :p

I always thought there should be a game mode based around demolitions back when I played SSARPBC

Now I don't think that'd be a good idea, unless there were a lot of elements added to make it hold up on its own.

That was back when I played Marble Blast Ultra on 360 and had more fun half the time playing it like a deathmatch rather than doing the actual objective, so that probably influenced my desire for that.

Ghazi

First game in a while, duels a veteran, veteran proceeds to make fun of how terrible I am at my Semi-Pro rank.

Back in the box you go Rocket League, forgot how terribad the community is for this game.

Dominator

First game in a while, duels a veteran, veteran proceeds to make fun of how terrible I am at my Semi-Pro rank.

Back in the box you go Rocket League, forgot how terribad the community is for this game.
Turn off the chat, non the wiser. Not saying that's a fix for the community but maybe it'll get you playing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom