• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
First game in a while, duels a veteran, veteran proceeds to make fun of how terrible I am at my Semi-Pro rank.

Back in the box you go Rocket League, forgot how terribad the community is for this game.

I've not had too much issue with this. Though it could be because I'm on PS4 so people tend not to type messages and I never wear a headset.

First game in a while, duels a veteran, veteran proceeds to make fun of how terrible I am at my Semi-Pro rank.

Back in the box you go Rocket League, forgot how terribad the community is for this game.

As others have said, definitely switch chat to Team Only, or off completely. I was getting sick and tired of shitty people being complete annoying assholes. Ever since I switched it, the game has been a lot more enjoyable. Dont need to see WHAT A SAVE 500 times.

Cindres

We should make a RocketGaf community on PS4. So I suppose now every OT for online games will have one haha.

We certainly should! I've been sticking to 1v1, at least in ranked, because I don't dare deal with randoms in ranked games. At least when I suck in 1v1 I can only blame myself :p

Dominator

Didn't realize you could do that, that'll certainly make it more fun.
Yeah, it could be convenient. I was playing with someone the other day, and he was going off on me.

FUCCBOI
SKIP THE REPLAYS YOU F U K

He just kept going. At the end I said calmly, "gg, you have anger issues my friend"

Then he replied that he was sorry, and we played another game and we were very friendly to each other after that. It was pretty bizarre lol

RoadHazard

Gold Member
FUCK YOU, Rocket League and Psyonix. Kicked from game --> "Your connection to the server timed out" --> Banned for 15 minutes. The FUCK?! Fix your fucking servers, or fix your fucking code so I'm not banned just because your shitty servers can't fucking deal.

Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed. But seriously, they need to NOT FUCKING BAN PEOPLE for things like this. If my connection timed out I clearly didn't quit, right? Damn.

Cindres

Totally unable to connect to the servers tonight (through PSN). Anyone else with this issue today?

I've created RocketGAF as a PS4 community. If you can't find it listed in the communities under Rocket League, you can look up my PSN and find it in my profile.

PSN: Optimus_Prime

I've set it up as request to join only. If you send a request, please also message me your GAF username via PSN. I'm only going to add people I can verify are on GAF. Alternatively, you can post your PSN ID here and I'll send you an invite.

Thanks and enjoy!

GeeTeeCee

I'm getting a lot of lag and rubber banding on the Euro servers at the moment. My ping is fine, and the disconnect logo pretty much never shows up anymore, so I've no idea what exactly is causing it. It's really starting to affect my enjoyment of the game.

Well, that and the rage-quitting man-children in casual mode. Each day that passes I become more certain I'm only one of a handful of people who actually finishes a game no matter what.

If you're a member of the PS4 NeoGAF community and send a request on the PS4 to join RocketGAF, I can check your PSN profile to verify. So be sure to sign up for both commmunities!

Reminds me of the club system in PS Home, but way easier to use.

J. Bravo

If you're a member of the PS4 NeoGAF community and send a request on the PS4 to join RocketGAF, I can check your PSN profile to verify. So be sure to sign up for both commmunities!

Reminds me of the club system in PS Home, but way easier to use.

can you invite me? i'm downloading the update

Yeah, it could be convenient. I was playing with someone the other day, and he was going off on me.

FUCCBOI
SKIP THE REPLAYS YOU F U K

He just kept going. At the end I said calmly, "gg, you have anger issues my friend"

Then he replied that he was sorry, and we played another game and we were very friendly to each other after that. It was pretty bizarre lol

Yeah it seems like 1/2 the games have cool opponents who chat "nice shot", "thanks", etc. and the other half are kids saying mean-spirited/racial/etc taunts.

The_Poet

Banned
At what point to teammates start realising that passing is a thing you can do?

I always find myself in space where a decent sideways pass would net a goal but no, the ball must go forward and only forward.

I'm nearly Gold III and there's not been a hint of it yet.

Karu

At what point to teammates start realising that passing is a thing you can do?

I always find myself in space where a decent sideways pass would net a goal but no, the ball must go forward and only forward.

I'm nearly Gold III and there's not been a hint of it yet.
I can't speak to any scene in particular, but with the ball camera being the way it is, i found it tricky to fully incorporate my surroundings in a way that's effective. I'm not any way near close to Gold III., though (Silver II in 3v3 Single)

The_Poet

Banned
I can't speak to any scene in particular, but with the ball camera being the way it is, i found it tricky to fully incorporate my surroundings in a way that's effective. I'm not any way near close to Gold III., though (Silver II in 3v3 Single)

Sound is a big help. I can tell if my team mate is boosting to hit the ball at a better angle then me even if I cant see him.

I often hit the ball into a dangerous area expecting a team mate to be ready but hes either way back in goal or right beind me for some reason. really annoying. And on the flip side I put myself in a dangerous area but my team mate decides the best course of action is to smash it as hard as he can up the corner and over the goal.

ps3ud0

I've created RocketGAF as a PS4 community. If you can't find it listed in the communities under Rocket League, you can look up my PSN and find it in my profile.

PSN: Optimus_Prime

I've set it up as request to join only. If you send a request, please also message me your GAF username via PSN. I'm only going to add people I can verify are on GAF. Alternatively, you can post your PSN ID here and I'll send you an invite.

Thanks and enjoy!
Could I join? Also is there a dummy Rocket League PSN account?

PSN polynomial007

Im a UKer but playing this more, Im crap most days but sometimes Im not crap - only playing for fun but I seem to spend hours on this when I load it up.

ps3ud0 8)

Could I join? Also is there a dummy Rocket League PSN account?

PSN polynomial007

Im a UKer but playing this more, Im crap most days but sometimes Im not crap - only playing for fun but I seem to spend hours on this when I load it up.

ps3ud0 8)

I'd like to be invited to the communty

PSN: Josh-Shiki

I hope Sony adds search in communities soon.
Sent invites. Welcome to the RocketGAF PS4 community!

Edit:
I'd like to be in the Rocket League community, too.

My PSN ID is SongsofPwnage

Yes, I wish I could change it.
Done! Well, not the name change, but it's really not that bad. At least you don't have a bunch of x's around it. :p

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How do I keep getting teamed up with all these useless suckers in the damn Gold division?! I just don't get it, and it's absolutely killing my ranking.

Cindres

Still having issues connecting to the RL servers tonight on PSN, nobody else? My software is totally up to date.

Invites sent for the PS4 RocketGAF community. We have over twenty people now. Not too shabby!

If anyone wants to be a mod, let me know. You'll be able to accept join requests and send invites if I'm not around. Thanks!

J. Bravo

Made it from 340ish to 462 with randoms in ranked doubles. Carried most of the games but a few times I had teammates who were overwhelminglY bad or we played a really great team. Went like 17-3 . I'm getting much better at determining when to aerial. Also am getting much better at the shot where you pop it up and then fly and flip it into the goal.

I have learned a ton from watching pros play. Positioning, shooting, flying, etc. Wall jumps are still hard haha.

Damn, not sure whats going on but I keep getting constant invites to the Rocket GAF community even though I joined it earlier today. Its popped up about 4 or 5 times tonight :/

Can I get an invite to community please.

PSN: NaughtyPrawn
Invite sent! I'm done for the night and will catch any requests tomorrow night. Pulled myself back into Silver in Solo Standard after dropping to 320 yesterday. So it's a good time to stop for the night.

Won a lot of games today after tweaking my game. I'm now much more aggressive to the ball, especially in midfield. The trick of course is doing it without taking hits away from teammates and getting too out of position. I'm much more confident in going after short aerials right after turning around or coming off the wall. Makes a big difference when you don't wait for the ball.

Cess007

Come oooooooon!!! I mean, come-thefucking-on!!!!!

comeong7srk.gif

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Come oooooooon!!! I mean, come-thefucking-on!!!!!

comeong7srk.gif

Your fault for not getting some lift into that ball. If you had just boosted right into it without jumping you probably would have made the shot. :)

But yeah, that's probably the closest one I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom