• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that Rocket League will be free to download for Hong Kong PS Plus subscribers from October 8th.

So if you have friends in Hong Kong or have a Hong Kong PSN then be sure to let them know so they can download and play the game :)

Dr Prob

Banned
Come oooooooon!!! I mean, come-thefucking-on!!!!!

I'm familiar with that feeling. HRRRNGGGFGFGGFG:

37rYFe0.gif

But on a different note, teamwork is fun (TopSecret007MLGHBOALT):

Q5N6wJl.gif

This is the best fucking game. Only thing that needs to be changed (brought it up once before and won't again, promise) is the ability to turn off the name tags. On this very board someone who worked on the game popped in and recommended trying to cut out any response time hiccups ("game mode"/going through a receiver etc.), yet players (a very small subset to be fair, but they tend to roll together) are allowed to have ridiculously long names and the tags/bubbles blend together, creating a situation where movement of the ball can be really difficult to track/pick up. It's the worst. But this game is the best. But that's the worst.

Nah its constant invites from optimus_prime. Other people are having the same issue in the communities thread.
There are definitely some weird things happening with communities. My son was a member of my other community and he just disappeared off the member list even though he wasn't even logged on. I was getting notifications that there were posts on the RocketGAF community, but yet there were no posts.

As for invites, the last one I did was last night when I posted. I wonder if anytime I do an invite it's somehow sending it to all members. We'll find out when I get home tonight and invite Karu.

In the meantime, it's probably best to turn off the community notifications. Also, I would encourage people to send a join request directly from the RocketGAF community. That way I just need to accept it and not send any invites.

Oh, and anyone who plays a lot during the day (or maybe in Europe), let me know if you want to be a mod for the community. I could use someone to monitor the community when I'm not there and accept join requests. Thanks!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Ok seriously, nobody having issues on PS4 connecting? Ever since the firmware update I haven't been able to connect to the RL servers. I reinstalled the fucking game, connection test, made sure the firmware was totally up to date, absolutely nothing.

EDIT: Just went on their twitter, looks like it's a problem with my ISP specifically.

Kayant

Ok seriously, nobody having issues on PS4 connecting? Ever since the firmware update I haven't been able to connect to the RL servers. I reinstalled the fucking game, connection test, made sure the firmware was totally up to date, absolutely nothing.

EDIT: Just went on their twitter, looks like it's a problem with my ISP specifically.

Use google DNS worked for my on PC at least not user how successful you would be on PS4 but it's worth a try.

This is the best fucking game. Only thing that needs to be changed (brought it up once before and won't again, promise) is the ability to turn off the name tags. On this very board someone who worked on the game popped in and recommended trying to cut out any response time hiccups ("game mode"/going through a receiver etc.), yet players (a very small subset to be fair, but they tend to roll together) are allowed to have ridiculously long names and the tags/bubbles blend together, creating a situation where movement of the ball can be really difficult to track/pick up. It's the worst. But this game is the best. But that's the worst.

I've been getting a glitch occasionally where there are no name tags at all. Just nothing above the cars (not even indicators). It makes it incredibly difficult to differentiate players. Everyone blends in on certain arenas, especially when people alter their car colors, to look almost the same. They could make the cars way brighter but I doubt that's an option they'd go down. Then again, an indicator only option could work.

I can see why the bubbles can be distracting, but I definitely make different plays and decisions depending on who is around me.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Use google DNS worked for my on PC at least not user how successful you would be on PS4 but it's worth a try.

Gave it a try, did make my connection faster but still can't connect to the RL servers unfortunately. Apparently Sky and Psyonix are on it but eh, hopefully when I get back on Sunday it's sorted.

So I just sent an invite to Karu for RocketGAF. If everyone in the community gets an invite, then that's the bug.

Either way, I would recommend turning off community invitations. I don't know about you, but I don't need to know every time someone posts on the NeoGAF community--which is like every five minutes.

By the way, if you turn off community notifications you can still see them in the Notifications section. They just won't pop up on your screen to annoy you. So let me know if you see an invite from me there from around 7:08 eastern.

Goddamn got banned for 15min because of server disconnect. Otherwise there hasn't been that much lag at all like there was a while ago.

Can I get an invite to the community?

PSN: GeorgeBluthSr

In addition to playing online I really need to get the "play with a friend" trophy for the Plat (it's the only one I have left!)

whiteape

If someone's interested: We're trying to bring the RL eSports scene to new levels. Professional players have to play for a whole day to get a part of the $250 prizepool. That doesn't feel right.

So we're starting with a international 4 teams event with a prizepool of $500 on October 11, and will continue with 8 teams after that each sunday.

https://rocket-league.com/rocketroyale

J. Bravo

I am, on steam
After you guys left, I played some more, and it seemed like I was just a split second late to every ball. Idk if it was because very few people were playing and so I was getting matched up with straight ballers or I was just tired, or both. But it was weird last night.

Edit: maybe I can only play rocket league on adderall lol

https://youtu.be/y33jtV7vJuM?t=7m28s

i can't fucking believe that happened. ESPECIALLY since sometimes they hold the last second or last few seconds of a game.

comeong7srk.gif

I'm familiar with that feeling. HRRRNGGGFGFGGFG:

37rYFe0.gif

But on a different note, teamwork is fun (TopSecret007MLGHBOALT):

Q5N6wJl.gif

wow, you guys get it too. fucking lame.

DavidDesu

comeong7srk.gif

I do think they should implement a pause on the timer running out when the ball is in the goal box, as well as the one they have for before when it touches the ground. Would add even more frenetic tension to the end of matches if one team was on the attack and need the defence to make sure they cleared the ball to end the match.

I do think they should implement a pause on the timer running out when the ball is in the goal box, as well as the one they have for before when it touches the ground. Would add even more frenetic tension to the end of matches if one team was on the attack and need the defence to make sure they cleared the ball to end the match.
i know for a fact that such a pause exists because i've played numerous matches where the timer is stuck on 0:01 for more than a second. you'd think it'd happen in these situations -_-

Shantom

i know for a fact that such a pause exists because i've played numerous matches where the timer is stuck on 0:01 for more than a second. you'd think it'd happen in these situations -_-

The game only ends when the ball hits the ground, that's why it can go on for a little bit at the end.

Updated the community image for RocketGAF. What do you think?

21739063860_bbb6c5eddd.jpg

To join the RocketGAF PS4 community, search for my PSN profile (Optimus_Prime), look for RocketGAF under my communities, and submit a request for membership. If you have trouble finding it, post your PSN ID here and I'll send you an invite. Thanks!

To join the RocketGAF PS4 community, search for my PSN profile (Optimus_Prime), look for RocketGAF under my communities, and submit a request for membership. If you have trouble finding it, post your PSN ID here and I'll send you an invite. Thanks!

I've requested to join on the community page about 4 times and asked on here in which you responded saying you invited me.

Still nothing on PSN. Something is wrong :(

Strange issue last night, for those of you on Ps4 who like to play splitscreen online. I was playing the game with this kid for a while we took a break and when we got back to it and I was logging him on, it took us to the playstation plus screen on the store saying ALL players need to have it...wtf?

Restarted the game and it went away, but, seriously? Did anyone else encounter this problem? I think I've seen it once before on cod

tm24

The people that put more effort into trying to tilt the opposing team rather than just focus on the game annoy me to no end

We now have 40 people in the RocketGAF PS4 community. Each day I post a general invitation on the NeoGAF community, which has helped increase the numbers. As we get more people, be sure to post your availability to play with others on the RocketGAF wall. Or just feel free to talk about the game. You can also invite people to party up. Enjoy!

I've requested to join on the community page about 4 times and asked on here in which you responded saying you invited me.

Still nothing on PSN. Something is wrong :(
Very weird. I haven't seen any of your join requests. Just sent you another invite. Let me know if you don't get it. Be sure to go to Notifications and then to Notifications again on the left. Sometimes things don't show up in the New part of the Navigations screen.

J. Bravo

ran off 12 in a row ranked doublues with someone earlier got him to gold I me to silver I. played fantastic together. i'm still playing if anyone else wants to join.

Backlogger

Twice today I have had people tell me how crappy I am and want me to forfeit. Usually we are down 2-1 or 1-0 with only a minute or two into the game. Both times I check and I have more points than said crybaby (I know points don't tell the whole story)

I don't pretend to be better than the average Joe at this game, but some of the babies that play this game just completely amaze me.

My theory is they are mad that they didn't get paired with someone that was going to carry them through a win and that they would actually have to contribute to the win.

Makes me want to switch back to standard or standard solo even though I prefer doubles.

Twice today I have had people tell me how crappy I am and want me to forfeit. Usually we are down 2-1 or 1-0 with only a minute or two into the game. Both times I check and I have more points than said crybaby (I know points don't tell the whole story)

I don't pretend to be better than the average Joe at this game, but some of the babies that play this game just completely amaze me.

My theory is they are mad that they didn't get paired with someone that was going to carry them through a win and that they would actually have to contribute to the win.

Makes me want to switch back to standard or standard solo even though I prefer doubles.

My favorite was the guy in 2v2 with me, I put us up 3-2, he proceeds to cover goal for the next 90s (hold that thought) then says I "chase the ball".

I dont even...

Pepiope

Hate people like that. I've gotten pretty good at the game and can be competitive, but it's still just for fun. The guys who get upset because you can't read their minds and know what they're going to do get pretty annoying after a while.

Pedersen

ran off 12 in a row ranked doublues with someone earlier got him to gold I me to silver I. played fantastic together. i'm still playing if anyone else wants to join.

Maaan! They called from work just now telling me I got the day off! We could've kept playing:((( I guess I can practice 'till tonight or do something productive for a change:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom