• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Makes me want to switch back to standard or standard solo even though I prefer doubles.
Doesn't seem to matter. I was in a normal 3v3 game today and my teammate flamed the other for missing a ball. Just wouldn't shut up, so this third player stopped trying/moving and we lost harder.

Haunted

Yeah, the one thing that's keeping me from fully enjoying ranked is that people are much more childish in the chat, especially when something goes wrong. Never had anything like that in unranked mode.

Still climbing steadily (Silver I here we go!), but I'm noticing my limits - as soon as there are players who can reliably do aerial shots on the opposing team, it's game over. They just get to those pop-ups earlier than I do with my technique.

Karu

When people spam the chat I just ignore them, what riles me up, though, are those geniuses that spam "what a save" when their own goalkeeper didn't look that good. 30 seconds into the game. First goal. Like what are you trying to accomplish you idiot? Grrr.

When people spam the chat I just ignore them, what riles me up, though, are those geniuses that spam "what a save" when their own goalkeeper didn't look that good. 30 seconds into the game. First goal. Like what are you trying to accomplish you idiot? Grrr.

To make you mad

J. Bravo

Maaan! They called from work just now telling me I got the day off! We could've kept playing:((( I guess I can practice 'till tonight or do something productive for a change:p
Damn dude I don't think we would have lost very much. I've got some shit to do today until like 5cst which I think is around midnight your time?

LakeEarth

It finally happened, I played a 3v3 player match where by the end, I was the only original player who stuck around. Down by 2? Both my teammates quit out and are replaced by some really good players. We get ahead, everyone on the other team quits out. I get MVP because of my ~2 minute advantage.

I had another game where someone quit, and then kept getting matched back into our match for some reason. They explode, the AI replaces him for 20 seconds, the AI explodes, the guy realizes he's back in the same game, he explodes, AI shows up, explodes, he explodes, repeat for 2 minutes straight.

ErichWK

Halloween items look great! Gimme!

I made that cat-face pumpkin. :3

21846757346_f2c38b5386_z.jpg

So, I haven't been playing that great for many games, then because stuff was slow, I went and changed my car to the Van. Now, I'm loving my battle ram.

I do think they should implement a pause on the timer running out when the ball is in the goal box, as well as the one they have for before when it touches the ground. Would add even more frenetic tension to the end of matches if one team was on the attack and need the defence to make sure they cleared the ball to end the match.

The simplest solution IMO is to end the game when a player touches it after it touches the ground post 0.0 timer.

I think it would allow for the open net goal as time expires to actually count while not changing anything else of note.

Official Blog Post
Available as post-match item drops, each Halloween item can be unlocked simply by playing matches like you normally would (Win or lose!). Once you’ve found an item, it’s yours to keep forever, but if you don’t find the ones you want by November 2nd, you’ll have to wait until next year for a shot at them again.

Here’s a full list of our upcoming tricks and treats:
“Calavera” Antenna
“Candy Corn” Rocket Trail
“Carriage” Wheels
“Fuzzy Brute” Antenna
“Fuzzy Vampire” Antenna
“Pumpkin” Topper

Unicorn

I made that cat-face pumpkin. :3

21846757346_f2c38b5386_z.jpg
Nice! Love the glow on the night stages!

So, will there be new items in addition to these for next Halloween? Maybe by then there will be more "places" for customization like grill or hood ornaments. Masks would be cool, or a smashed pumpkin hat.

I'm loving the support this game is getting. Setting it as a platform rather than a release to be iterated on.

Will GAF ball make it in when these items hit too?

How does one get into the GAF rocket league community on ps4? It's impossible to search for communities as far as I can tell
Yeah, you can't search for communities. Easiest way to find the RocketGAF community is look up someone from here on PSN and it will be listed under their profile. Mine, for example: Optimus_Prime.

By the way, for those in RocketGAF, do you use replays to take any cool screenshots? Share them on the RocketGAF wall and maybe we can incorporate them into the community's background image on a rotating basis.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sent a request! Looking for some people to run 2s with from time to time. Finals up to gold tier, but the matchmaking makes it a giant pain in the ass to keep consistent.

Backlogger

Everybody needs to make the switch to PC eventually

I play one or the other depending on my mood. I find it is easier to win in ranked Doubles on PS4. Not sure why. Maybe because a lot of PC players turn off cross platform matches so I am playing different types of people on the PS4?

Yeah, you can't search for communities. Easiest way to find the RocketGAF community is look up someone from here on PSN and it will be listed under their profile. Mine, for example: Optimus_Prime.

Thanks for the tip!

Still loving the game. Community can be crappy as I don't like to see new players getting made fun of for making mistakes. I say "no problem" even if my teammate makes a last second blunder.

I usually just put "classy" or something when people are being jerks to others. I've taken people off my friends list because we're up 7-1 and they're being jerks to the losing team. Just not my values.

GeeTeeCee

For the first time since launch I've finally decided to dip into ranked matches (solo standard) and my first few experiences weren't great. One match we had one player quit our team almost immediately, making it 3v2. The other team goes 2-0 up, unsurprisingly. I manage to bring it back to 2-2, after which one of the other team quits out, evening things up again.

Not for long. My teammate suddenly bails, and now it's 2v1. I managed to win the game 4-3 in overtime but it wasn't a fun time. Also, when you've never bothered with ranked previously the general standard of play seems far worse than in casual. Pro and Veteran players making beginner level mistakes. It's weird.

If you've ever wondered what it'd look like to play with no name or team indicators, here's a good example. I get this glitch every now and then. Most of the time everybody's names and indicators disappear then slowly come back. There's 2 other cars on the screen besides Bergy, to give you a good idea of what it'd be like without the colors above the car. It's not easy at all to differentiate the teams, especially when people are actually moving.

GeuKMQk.jpg

So I center the ball in 2v2, teammate proceeds to miss the ball and gives up a breakaway goal. Tells me "wtf are you doing? Ur trash". Good ol' Rocket League community.

Lazulic

anyone in here platinum in any mode?

just reached 1100 in 2s and i hope i can get there by whenever the season ends.

scarab gonna be the new main vehicle for me.

Unicorn

anyone in here platinum in any mode?

just reached 1100 in 2s and i hope i can get there by whenever the season ends.

scarab gonna be the new main vehicle for me.

Yeah, Scarab is going to look so cool with a pearlescent beetle shell coloring paint job. Been rocking it with various cars until the DLC drops.

Paging Salsa, paging Salsa!

The_Poet

Banned
Who's got the highest MMR by using a keyboard and mouse?

I'm trying to convince a friend to buy a controller as he's stalled around 600mmr.

(which is dragging me down when I play 2v2's with him)

Pepiope

Who's got the highest MMR by using a keyboard and mouse?

I'm trying to convince a friend to buy a controller as he's stalled around 600mmr.

(which is dragging me down when I play 2v2's with him)
What is MMR? I use KB/M and I'm around the 1000's in 2v2 and 3v3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom