• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Bravo

Match Making Rating, I think it's just called rating in RL I dunno.

and 1k+ with KB/M is awesome, just imagine how much better you'd be with a controller lol
It'd take him a while to get good with a controller. Way different feel. Imo at least. I tried kb/m once and I'm never trying it again.

When do I start getting consistently good random doubles teammates? I'm not good enough to carry someone against good teams lol. Maybe it's me. Idk. But I feel like I'm doing the right thing and they aren't doing shit, or they're running into me chasing the ball.

Lazulic

guess im now looking for good doubles teammates (over 1k) to play with, randos arent cutting it at all. add me on steam (url in my profile) if u feel up to playing ever

We now have 58 members in the RocketGAF PS4 community. Anyone interested in being a mod for RocketGAF? I need some help with accepting join requests.

I get a handful every day, but I may not be able to log in and take care of these as often as I'd like. For example, I'm going out of town for a wedding this weekend and will be away Friday through Monday. Anyone on their PS4 most days and interested in being a mod for RocketGAF?

We now have 58 members in the RocketGAF PS4 community. Anyone interested in being a mod for RocketGAF? I need some help with accepting join requests.

I get a handful every day, but I may not be able to log in and take care of these as often as I'd like. For example, I'm going out of town for a wedding this weekend and will be away Friday through Monday. Anyone on their PS4 most days and interested in being a mod for RocketGAF?

Posting the Steam as well.

We should make a PS4 vs PC lobby some day for fun. =)

mace999

Neo Member
I had the game of my life on 2V2 bronze ranked match, next minute get friend request from my team mate and he keeps inviting me to play, 3 times in a minute. So I joined him and played my regular self, he must have thought I was hustling him in the 1st match. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I don't usually play that well.

Quick reminder: this Saturday at 4PM ET, the MLG Pro Rocket League International Finals are happening!
Check it out!
12068648_1713689298852526_85041436889103690_o.png

Any way to know its the real Kronovi?

We played a 2v2 against a Kronovi the other night and won 2 - 1. I highly doubt its the real one though.

Well his 3v3 solo rank is 1655. So chances are if you're not that high and he's not styling, it's not him. Though if it's 2v2, there's a chance. But let's be honest, he's way better than to be losing 2-1 to random people, no matter how good they relatively are. Same goes with that video where the person with his name misses a standing backflip to give away that breakaway goal to lose the match.

Every time I take a break from this game, I come back feeling way better at it. Anyone else notice this? I guess it's like working out... You make your gains when you're resting. Same is probably appling here.

I've taken breaks from this game at multiple points and I always come back playing noticeably better. Some would be like 4-7 days, and others were a few weeks. Works every time.

Pepiope

Well his 3v3 solo rank is 1655. So chances are if you're not that high and he's not styling, it's not him. Though if it's 2v2, there's a chance. But let's be honest, he's way better than to be losing 2-1 to random people, no matter how good they relatively are. Same goes with that video where the person with his name misses a standing backflip to give away that breakaway goal to lose the match.
Yeah, I've played him twice and he's just going through the motions at this point, treating the games like practice. If he played seriously, he would win by 5-6+.

Unicorn

Every time I take a break from this game, I come back feeling way better at it. Anyone else notice this? I guess it's like working out... You make your gains when you're resting. Same is probably appling here.

I've taken breaks from this game at multiple points and I always come back playing noticeably better. Some would be like 4-7 days, and others were a few weeks. Works every time.

Yeah, but there has also been off days. Like, last night I could not make a goal to save my life. Last week I made a sweet aerial shot that some random dude said was the greatest shot he's ever seen.

lol

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Yeah this is common in pretty much all hobbies. Allows your brain to absorb what you learned and muscle memory develops.

Breaks can help or hurt. If you are playing great and take a break often you come back and are like WTF happened I am awful now. When you are in the zone you need to milk it for all it's worth. But if you are just sucking up the joint taking a break is usually what you need as you are pressing too much or just burnt out. I agree with OP though that sometimes you do get better after a break even if you were playing great. I don't know if it's muscle memory or everyone getting worse while you stopped playing but it's a great feeling.

Robaperas

Wow, I suck so bad at this game, I'm barely decent at goalkeeping and horrible at striking, I can't even shoot straight, I miss so many easy goals.

Grinchy

Banned

I took like a month off and I'm definitely way better than I was before. Still missing the ball at the worst times, though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn its frustrating in ranked really trying to push through, but the algorithm in place for matchmaking is atrocious. Got up to gold ii tonight then dropped 5 in a row, an unbelievable run of absolutely terrible teammates.

Damn its frustrating in ranked really trying to push through, but the algorithm in place for matchmaking is atrocious. Got up to gold ii tonight then dropped 5 in a row, an unbelievable run of absolutely terrible teammates.

I'm really not sure how they do it. Also if someone on the other team leaves due to losing or just being a annoyed you get LESS points for the win. How does that even make sense? Essentially you are punished if the other team has players leave. WTF!

Another thing I've found very weird is I normally play doubles ranked with the same team mate. Almost every game we play he gains 1 extra point for a win and loses 1 less point for every loss. This means that every game we play whether we win or lose he gains a +1 point difference to me.

This may not seem like much but its now amounted to over a 100 point difference and climbing.

we have just witnessed the downfall of CA

People said this when they lost to Kings of Urban the first time, and CA came back to win a whole lot of stuff.

Flipside is clearly on top right not, but downfall implies CA will never win again, and I don't believe that will happen.

88random

I finally tried out this game and damn, it's amazing.

This is one of my first matches, there are some noobish mistakes but I think I'm ok at this. I later found out I can move quicker if I do double jumps and I can fly using boost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXbX0iD8B2A

2:40 is the highlight of the match, probably the closest thing to a Bale run against Barcelona in Copa del Rey final. 5:15 is also cool, but I got lucky.

People said this when they lost to Kings of Urban the first time, and CA came back to win a whole lot of stuff.

Flipside is clearly on top right not, but downfall implies CA will never win again, and I don't believe that will happen.

They will win again but will need to adapt / raise level of play to stay in the mix of the top teams as they can no longer dominate based on being more skilled than everyone else when RL first started out. They were the founding father of the sport and now their kids so to speak are getting big enough to beat their dads. So many people learned how to play from watching them. Kronovi is always giving tips and insight and wants everyone to get better vs keeping trade secrets. In a way he is how own worst enemy but I love his passion for the game and trying to build the community.

Unicorn

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!!!

I cannot express the joy I'm feeling now. Literally a dream request (pretty sure I posted it pages back) that I gathered had no hope of existing as faithfully as this. Rocket League is officially, without question, one of my top 3 favorite games of all time.

Thank you everyone involved in securing this. Holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom