• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliferx94

Neo Member
Developer confirmed wheels do indeed fold in when you fly and you get the blue shine effect (shown in trailer) same as the one in the movie, when you go super sonic speed. Must buy for me :D

Unicorn

Ya, Same deal as Sweet Tooth. also, the Deloreon is an absolute blast to play. Can't wait for you guys to try it out.

All of the little touches, man. Supersonic speed with blue sparks, hover wheels on aerials.

New Main.

Can we apply texture or coating or w/e to the team color section? or just color with a set coating?

ErichWK

You can only change the bottom panel's colors. There are no skins. The lights change depending on your team.

halloween items? Ahh. I think that's next week? Just make sure to equip my Cat-o-Lantern.

The people who are gold in solo ranked must be so incredibly good. I am in Silver 3 trying to make my way there but it is literally 1 step forward 3 steps back.

BPK

Will there ever be PC-PS4 parties in this? I read that the developers were working on it but then they went silent. My friend is in England on PC and I'm in North America on ps4 and we badly want to play together.

Will there ever be PC-PS4 parties in this? I read that the developers were working on it but then they went silent. My friend is in England on PC and I'm in North America on ps4 and we badly want to play together.

I've never seen them say they were working on it. It's a huge undertaking and would probably mean they scrap Steam and PSN in favor of their own backend and account system.

AcridMeat

Banned
You can create a private lobby and play with them/invite other people to the room or play with bots. No lobby/matchmaking though.

MrPanic

I've never seen them say they were working on it. It's a huge undertaking and would probably mean they scrap Steam and PSN in favor of their own backend and account system.

They did talk about it once on their reddit in response to a post, and that post was about giving parties a simple id or code that people on the other hardware could type in to connect to the party, nothing crazy like accounts systems. They did went silent on the matter though.

What about toppers and antennae? I assume no.

I'd imagine when they say you can't customize the car at all and can only customize the accent color underneath and that is it (because of licensing), they really mean that is it. Like, that is it.

I do wonder about the topper (or if it has its own) though since that's the only way to track time on PS4.

I don't know what the fuck happened but I've had the absolute worst luck getting matched up the past couple days. I just finished playing where I had a losing streak of like 10 games, with people on my team auto scoring, lobbing really gently the ball front and center for the opposing team to nail a goal, ruining clear shots by hitting the ball every which way, not blocking worth a damn, not shooting worth a damn, the list goes on.

What's worse is it frustrates me so much I start missing shots myself. I don't remember the last time I scored a goal because I'm too flustered with these shit matchups.

Robaperas

I don't know what the fuck happened but I've had the absolute worst luck getting matched up the past couple days. I just finished playing where I had a losing streak of like 10 games, with people on my team auto scoring, lobbing really gently the ball front and center for the opposing team to nail a goal, ruining clear shots by hitting the ball every which way, not blocking worth a damn, not shooting worth a damn, the list goes on.

What's worse is it frustrates me so much I start missing shots myself. I don't remember the last time I scored a goal because I'm too flustered with these shit matchups.

I'm a horrible striker so if my team is worse than me, I just stay on goal so if we lose is by a smaller margin. It's kinda frustrating but I still enjoy it.

The Rocket League community is the worst. How can so many assholes find a singular thing in common: this game.

Game is insanely competitive. I have played CS, Mobas and yeah surprisingly enough RL's ranked playerbase is pretty bad. Shit talk, abuse, quitting is in about 90% of matches.

So Aerial Dribbling is the new thing huh?

Goodness.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Yeah it may be enough for me to shelf this permanantly. Easily some of the worst matchmaking I've ever seen.

They mentioned they're going to give the option to let you choose any tag you've already unlocked to help detract from the trolling and hostility that people are showing at "experts" and such. But I'd much rather they go the route of doing fighting game style tags. The Wall, The Mailman, Rocketball Wizard, Aerialstotle, etc. Like, if someone is going to be a dick, I'd much rather they tell me I'm a bad Mailman because I can't deliver than "u suk expert". Original titles are awesome.

Unicorn

They mentioned they're going to give the option to let you choose any tag you've already unlocked to help detract from the trolling and hostility that people are showing at "experts" and such. But I'd much rather they go the route of doing fighting game style tags. The Wall, The Mailman, Rocketball Wizard, Aerialstotle, etc. Like, if someone is going to be a dick, I'd much rather they tell me I'm a bad Mailman because I can't deliver than "u suk expert". Original titles are awesome.

Yup. I'm down for this.

dot

I'd also like that idea.

Pretty much every fighting game nowadays have some sort of title thing used for online.

They will win again but will need to adapt / raise level of play to stay in the mix of the top teams as they can no longer dominate based on being more skilled than everyone else when RL first started out. They were the founding father of the sport and now their kids so to speak are getting big enough to beat their dads. So many people learned how to play from watching them. Kronovi is always giving tips and insight and wants everyone to get better vs keeping trade secrets. In a way he is how own worst enemy but I love his passion for the game and trying to build the community.

Personally I think their failing is how little they get to practice together (and Kronovi said as much on stream a couple nights ago).

The belief that people are catching up on individual skill seems wrong to me since all the players on these top teams were right there with Kronovi and co. playing SSARPBC. As far as I know there aren't any teams of brand new players at the top. Flipside, KoU, and vQ Untethered all have SSARPBC people.

Kayant

Game is insanely competitive. I have played CS, Mobas and yeah surprisingly enough RL's ranked playerbase is pretty bad. Shit talk, abuse, quitting is in about 90% of matches.

So Aerial Dribbling is the new thing huh?

Goodness.

Holy Shit! Rekt. One thing apart from doing spins with aerials am having a real hard time with. Any tips? Mainly on how to get the ball to stay on the car.

Ty.

Check for update people!

NeoGAF flag in!

Wellthereitis.gif

Thank you Psyonix.

Danlord

28QMPR0.jpg

The NeoGAF Flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom