• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
the Mach 5 is basically tailor-made for this game
Didn't even think of that one as I have no affinity for the franchise but you're absolutely right. Probably tougher to get but Tim Burton's batmobile would be amazing as well.

edit: Holy shit thinking more about famous cars to add I didn't even realize until now that the stripe decal for the van is inspired by the A-team. hahaha

Dispatch

Didn't even think of that one as I have no affinity for the franchise but you're absolutely right. Probably tougher to get but Tim Burton's batmobile would be amazing as well.

edit: Holy shit thinking more about famous cars to add I didn't even realize until now that the stripe decal for the van is inspired by the A-team. hahaha

I found this list helpful: Rotten Tomatoes top 50 Most Memorable Movie Cars.

There's so many cars to choose from: Shaggin' Wagon, Garth's Mirth Mobile, Greased Lightning, The Blues Mobile,The General Lee (though the flag might be an issue), Herbie the Love Bug, and on and on.

Mechazawa

Man, the presentation of the Delorean is ridiculous. Even the fanservice aside, it's just a cool ass looking car with all the particle effects.

Practically the closest thing to getting an F-Zero car in Rocket League.

GeeTeeCee

Heh, I managed to score three goals in a ranked solo 3v3 match, causing all three opponents to quit out one after another (not forfeit). That's the first time that's ever happened to me. Feels good.

They need to fix their ranking point system. It's such bullshit to beat a team so bad they quit except for 1 motherfucker. Then you only get 1-3 points at the end because of that prick. Complete waste of fucking time.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Gunning for the unfair bot dlc cheevo, only one missing except for the two original grinding ones

I'm basically screwed any time I miss a clear, fortunately the AIs - even on unfair - can't defend for shit though :p

Just loss 5-6 on overtime fml

Got the Delorean. Awesome car, and hopefully a standard for DLC moving forward for Rocket League.

Licensed vehicles aside, I think they could do some neat stuff with iconic cars like a tank, convertible, jeep, etc.

Dr Prob

Banned
This ended up being like a 320 point play:

fVjN5ME.gif

Thought it was kind of neat, but coach came right over and yelled: "it's only worth one on the scoreboard, kid!" A lesson I still remember to this day.

Delorean is pretty rad.

Did someone call?

By the way, is there anyone here with the following PSN: xKing3zoz

We got a request on the RocketGAF community but I'm not sure who this is. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X4HpLTfihk

this was my first attempt at a video. I made it a while back but i was too caught up with MGS to post it. just a few saves i compiled. i have like 40 replays that i'm too lazy to scrub through and find more. the best one is the last one, which unfortunately i never saved a replay of, but was able to catch it via the share function on ps4.

Ran rp

really wish the devs would prioritize getting the game to a stable 60fps. the framerate in those full grassy maps is brutal.

There's a RGN NA cup going on right now. It's a little weird because the announcers don't seem too knowledgable about the players or teams, unlike the MLG announcers. Still, live tournament is live.

Also, camera work is awful. They don't even switch to the scorer's camera in the goal replay. It's been on the same guy on the losing team for like 3-5 mins.

What do you guys think of the game rewarding you for dominating a game, or humiliating an opponent by not letting the team score any points?

It could be turned into a stat, so that you can see how many games you win where you win by like 5 points, or deny the opponents from scoring at all.

It could also give you bonus XP, and it could be fun for a clearly losing team to try and deny a domination game. So in those games where there is like 2 minutes left and you are losing so bad, you have some extra incentive.

I still realllyyyy want this game to add flashy post-game awards like "Best Striker, Midfield, Defender", "Most air time, most boost used, most demolitions", etc.

I love content like that in competitive party games. It makes trash talking with friends so much more fun.

What do you guys think of the game rewarding you for dominating a game, or humiliating an opponent by not letting the team score any points?

It could be turned into a stat, so that you can see how many games you win where you win by like 5 points, or deny the opponents from scoring at all.

It could also give you bonus XP, and it could be fun for a clearly losing team to try and deny a domination game. So in those games where there is like 2 minutes left and you are losing so bad, you have some extra incentive.

I still realllyyyy want this game to add flashy post-game awards like "Best Striker, Midfield, Defender", "Most air time, most boost used, most demolitions", etc.

I love content like that in competitive party games. It makes trash talking with friends so much more fun.

yes.... just yes

AcridMeat

Banned

IIRC Blur was pretty great about those stats.

yes.... just yes

:p

I think it's just so fun to have those games where the enemy takes so many shots on goal, but fails to score at all. I want the game to recognize those kinds of special matches.

I have a few games where I've won like 5-0, or 7-2. Those are special matches where you just connect so well with teammates.

When you are winning by like 5 points and feel safe halfway through a match, it could be pretty nice to have the added incentive of reaching for a "domination" milestone award or a "clean sweep" award in which you don't let the opponent ever score.

A domination game could be like winning by +5 points. The enemy team could at least have fun stopping your team from getting that award, even if they can't win the game.

In my perfect vision of Rocket League, the post-game presentation recognizes stuff like this and awards players with medals (which existed in SARPBC). Nintendo does this kind of stuff so well in my opinion. I'd just love it in Rocket League.

I also REALLLYYY want a "Podium" where the winning team is placed, with confetti raining down, letting everyone see your cool custom vehicle, with medals popping up over the vehicles for MVP, Best Striker, Best Midfield, Defender, etc.

Sort of like in Sonic Shuffle lol

They already have the confetti in the main menu too!

v1lla21

I'd love it but then I'd take the game more seriously. I like having different styles of play. If I were to get awards for defending, besides points, I'd go back to my defending and cherry picking style.

Why can we not listen to the game's OST while playing matches? Every time I boot the game, I am entranced by the game's beautiful music and I want to keep listening to it while playing, but nope, I am forced to play without music. It's such a weird design decision. They should patch this.

ErichWK

Why can we not listen to the game's OST while playing matches? Every time I boot the game, I am entranced by the game's beautiful music and I want to keep listening to it while playing, but nope, I am forced to play without music. It's such a weird design decision. They should patch this.

We did it on purpose. There was such contention on whether or not it should have music during the games. A lot of different opinions. If I remember correctly we decided to not have it, because we really wanted the main focus to be you, your car, and the game going on. If you have PS4 we actually made it so you can load spotify and it pauses all music in the game so you can play whatever playlist you want. I do it all the time, gotta listen to those J-Pop tunes. Even the game's OST. If you are on PC just load up the soundtrack on the many streaming services it is on.

bargeparty

It's impossible to progress in this game when you win one and then get a string of losses. I don't understand the matchmaking. I play one good game, then get put up against players better than me with a teammate who seemingly has no idea how to play.

Man, if you leave a match because both of your teammates quit you lose 16 points. At least I did in consecutive games where both my partners left and lost 16 twice! If someone stays as the lone person on the opposing team I've routinely received 1-3 points as the victors. I don't know if this is a recent change or just in line with how awful they handle ranked.

The post-match awards in Towerfall are great and hilarious. Rocket League should definitely have something like that.

"Turncoat" - most own goals
"Ball Magnet" - most touches
"Witness" - most demos
etc.

Dr Prob

Banned
After that little discussion about ranked vs unranked a few days ago, decided to check out the ranked side again (first time since the changes) on my second account (so started out unranked). Went through bronze, am just about out of silver and while it's been mostly smooth sailing, what the hell is with everyone having such an itchy trigger finger when it comes to forfeiting?

Seriously, one game we gave up a flukey goal off the kickoff, another (legit) one like twenty seconds later then bam, "2/3 votes to forfeit!"

"wtf we haven't even played one minute, calm down!" was my reply, and while jamming out in the text chat we gave up yet another goal (to be fair, that one may have been on me). Yet my stirring speech seemed to ignite the team and we came back and won rather easily.

zornZAh.jpg

Basically this

Not really much of a point here, as those of you who play ranked probably deal with this shit all the time. Just don't understand that mindset. Even if you end up losing however many points, isn't it worth it to actually try, see what happens, maybe learn something, make a cool shot?

On the positive side, I like how the ranked matches can no longer begin with one side shorthanded. They probably changed that a long time ago but it's new to me! Wow!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's impossible to progress in this game when you win one and then get a string of losses. I don't understand the matchmaking. I play one good game, then get put up against players better than me with a teammate who seemingly has no idea how to play.

My playing time has dropped to about 0, despite being significantly improved I've dropped 125 points in skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom