• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good thing is all you have to do is get to the division, doesn't matter which level.

https://youtu.be/gB9JZu6-cvY I'm just going to keep flinging my car in the direction of the ball and hope good things continue to happen.

Stealing highlight videos and claiming them as your own is frowned upon in the YouTube Community™

Please stop before I have to report you. This is your first and only warning.

Good day, sir.

Stealing highlight videos and claiming them as your own is frowned upon in the YouTube Community™

Please stop before I have to report you. This is your first and only warning.

Good day, sir.

You can see the hitch at 4 seconds where it cuts from my video to a stunt double. If you look close enough, you can tell it's a slightly different car. It's like Terminator 2:
TERM2STUNTS.jpg

Just wait until I finally drop my aerial mixtape. It's called Better Learn Aerials Hilariously.

Also, one last aerial from the night in the name of my skeptical pal Komposed_Khaos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYvKSbzFQzU

v1lla21

Those aerials he pulls off is actually me playing on his account.

Sorry babushkas, but now I'm going full l33t MLG PRO to get whatever items there is in gold rank. Yall ain't going to hold me back any longer. I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

J. Bravo

Gonna be on ps4 soon playing doubles with my buddy. A third or maybe a team to scrim against and dominate chaos with would be fun too.

Babalu.

hard time picking between dominus and the new zippy.

I mostly play zippy now but im starting to wonder if I like dominus better. zippy seems to drift tighter or sometimes dominus drift boosts tighter...I don't know anymore.

flat head dominus is easy to get the best angles in the air....or zippy.......

IISANDERII

I'm just trying to get back into this and every match turns into a slideshow for a few seconds. It's terrible! What's the story?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I switched from the silly Gizmo to the Dominus, for the first time, and I love this car. What car have people ending up using the most here?

I love the Dominus, was using it until they released the DeLorean. Can't NOT use that one. Feels really good too, although maybe not quite on Dominus' level (mainly because the DL is smaller).

People in this game are an interesting bunch

goiqyw.jpg

dribbling isnt easy :/

A buddy and I played some chaos tonight and boy was that a doozy. Just some playful banter, of course, not toxicity. And we were super nice the whole time, nice shots and GGs. The thing is, the games were super close and we were hitting some amazing shots to which they replied how it's all luck and we still didn't say anything shitty back even when we won. The "we know"s replies were when I said they were good.
T7oeFEj.png

and the topper:

Whats with the sony adverts at the start? you getting becks off em?

I get $1/view. It's good work if you can find it. Sony wanted a piece of my 750 total views and who am I to deny them?

If you like Rocket League be sure to check out amazing Sony Entertainment titles such as blockbuster The Uncharted Collection and, the pinnacle racing experience, DriveClub.
#4ThePlayers

It's a default ShareFactory theme. I don't like the Rocket League one much and the rest don't really fit. Also the fact that I occasionally do cool stuff on PS4 (instead of the way better PC version) only works to prove I'm eSports all day.

Just Pete

Banned
I get $1/view. It's good work if you can find it. Sony wanted a piece of my 750 total views and who am I to deny them?

If you like Rocket League be sure to check out amazing Sony Entertainment titles such as blockbuster The Uncharted Collection and, the pinnacle racing experience, DriveClub.
#4ThePlayers

It's a default ShareFactory theme. I don't like the Rocket League one much and the rest don't really fit. Also the fact that I occasionally do cool stuff on PS4 (instead of the way better PC version) only works to prove I'm eSports all day.

Reckon I could get in on that if I play it on PC? I could pretend like its PS4 no trouble.

Someone out there must want to see my 1000 rating 2v2 plays

A buddy and I played some chaos tonight and boy was that a doozy. Just some playful banter, of course, not toxicity. And we were super nice the whole time, nice shots and GGs. The thing is, the games were super close and we were hitting some amazing shots to which they replied how it's all luck and we still didn't say anything shitty back even when we won. The "we know"s replies were when I said they were good.
T7oeFEj.png

and the topper:

Report that Rich guy. Would love to see him get a ban by Sony.

Also, I can't WAIT for Psyonix to put in a report feature. These guys don't deserve to ever use chat.

AcridMeat

Banned
I hope the report feature includes names. A couple nights ago I played against someone multiple times (was later at night west coast so not many people playing) with the name "FAGGOT MESSI NO HETERO"

I hope the report feature includes names. A couple nights ago I played against someone multiple times (was later at night west coast so not many people playing) with the name "FAGGOT MESSI NO HETERO"

Hey, I played with that guy too! Yeah, that name... and some other names...

Report that Rich guy. Would love to see him get a ban by Sony.

Also, I can't WAIT for Psyonix to put in a report feature. These guys don't deserve to ever use chat.

I don't know exactly what "moderated" entails but I got the auto-notification they had taken action. I don't think PSN has a system in place for immediately dealing with the other people, so hopefully Psyonix will roll theirs out sooner than later.

Met an obscene player myself, first I was playing against his team, and he (lets call him 'A') blew up with insults when his teammate (B) scored an own goal by accident (ball was hit into him and it rebounded into goal). A spent rest of match telling B to quit, stop playing ranked, that he sucked etc etc. They lost.

Next match, A and B both got put on my team, A spent first minute continuing to bitch at B until B scored a goal, we got 4-0 up with 2 minutes left and then A started to shit talk the other team. He stopped playing just to shit talk meaning we went 3v2 and we ended up losing 5-4 because the only time he did move he scored an own goal, on a shot that was gonna go wide.

Then he calls us all noobs, swears and leaves game with 5 seconds left.

I only started playing a week ago.. coolest thing i've managed so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ83Sok8TiQ

That's smart awareness. Put the ball towards the goal and good things happen! Share more clips as you get them, I love watching other people's highlights since I'm always cherry picking mine.

Also, you can press O to get rid of the UI in replay mode (for future reference). I'm not great with replay mode so I end up just uploading my initial share. Then I look around and seem awesome montages and wish I could do cool stuff like them.

thenexus6

That's smart awareness. Put the ball towards the goal and good things happen! Share more clips as you get them, I love watching other people's highlights since I'm always cherry picking mine.

Also, you can press O to get rid of the UI in replay mode (for future reference). I'm not great with replay mode so I end up just uploading my initial share. Then I look around and seem awesome montages and wish I could do cool stuff like them.

Yeah I know about hiding UI but i wanted my username proudly displayed ;)

AcridMeat

Banned
Met an obscene player myself, first I was playing against his team, and he (lets call him 'A') blew up with insults when his teammate (B) scored an own goal by accident (ball was hit into him and it rebounded into goal). A spent rest of match telling B to quit, stop playing ranked, that he sucked etc etc. They lost.

Next match, A and B both got put on my team, A spent first minute continuing to bitch at B until B scored a goal, we got 4-0 up with 2 minutes left and then A started to shit talk the other team. He stopped playing just to shit talk meaning we went 3v2 and we ended up losing 5-4 because the only time he did move he scored an own goal, on a shot that was gonna go wide.

Then he calls us all noobs, swears and leaves game with 5 seconds left.
This is a special case where I'd actually report them to Psyonix directly. That shit has no place in this game.

Pepiope

A net in the middle with a lighter ball. Never let it touch the ground while continuously popping it up for aerial spikes, blocking with your car at net. It wouldn't be Rocket League at all but it'd be hard and fun.
I wouldn't even mind just having a huge net in the middle forcing you to get the ball high in order to clear on defense.

jotun?

The thing people need to realize about ranks and points is that you shouldn't expect to just keep going up, even if you're getting better.

The game is still relatively new, so everyone is still improving. If your skill level stays constant, your ranking should go down. In order to just stand still, you have to be improving at the same rate as the average.

In order to move up, you need to not just improve, but improve faster than the average of everyone else. It's not an RPG level grind, so stop treating it like one

Just Pete

Banned
The thing people need to realize about ranks and points is that you shouldn't expect to just keep going up, even if you're getting better.

The game is still relatively new, so everyone is still improving. If your skill level stays constant, your ranking should go down. In order to just stand still, you have to be improving at the same rate as the average.

In order to move up, you need to not just improve, but improve faster than the average of everyone else. It's not an RPG level grind, so stop treating it like one

Yeah I'm with ya mate, not everyone can be platinum like. I think a lot of people ain't used to proper competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom