• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1lla21

I'll have a lobby up around 5pm Pacific for those who want to game and try out the new mutators with fellow gaf members! I'll post the details for the lobby here.

tch

I love cubic and pinball. I wish the ball wasn't as insanely bouncy in pinball however. Time warp suckssssss. Except for that one time where the stars align and you get to hit the ball multiple times in slo-mo it feels like a movie. Or when you get to sink a crazy aerial with the extra slo-mo control. But the rest is just feel bads.

Shantom

Just started the game on Steam and it's deleted everything except my online ranking - I'm back to level 1 and all the stuff I unlocked is gone. Anyone else had this happen?
Edit: Halloween stuff and replays are still there too.

Just started the game on Steam and it's deleted everything except my online ranking - I'm back to level 1 and all the stuff I unlocked is gone. Anyone else had this happen?
Edit: Halloween stuff and replays are still there too.

Means your local data was corrupted. Your ranking is still there, but youll have to unlock everything again and level up again

Unicorn

Fuck pinball. 10 minute+ game with no score. I scored in overtime. I think I've achieved manhood now. Rite of passage playing that shit.

AcridMeat

Banned
I love cubic and pinball. I wish the ball wasn't as insanely bouncy in pinball however. Time warp suckssssss. Except for that one time where the stars align and you get to hit the ball multiple times in slo-mo it feels like a movie. Or when you get to sink a crazy aerial with the extra slo-mo control. But the rest is just feel bads.
Those are my two favorite out of them. I think pinball is the best because it allows you to make more plays than normal, while being tricky to time. I agree that time warp just blows. It's like playing through a laggy match on purpose, it's awful.

giphy.gif
Obviously tastes differ, haha.

tch

Obviously tastes differ, haha.

I really like it, its just seems like more goals are scored like your clip there (Nice Shot!) then by setting up teammates for assists, but I haven't really played that many games yet. I look forward to playing games that are closer to normal with just a smaller ball, going to really improve my aerials.

I love how cubic really encourages cycling and following up your teammates with how difficult it is to move the ball forward. Scored an awesome bicycle goal earlier but forgot to save it..

v1lla21

Private match is up!
Name and password are both: rocketgaf

First mutator match will be moonball! Come join in and we'll change it up ever 2 games.

Anyone run into any glitches since patch? "Breathing UnderWater" is no longer a selectable song in my game. Before this it was always the first song that played. Plus, my graphics look a bit off...may be trippin on that one though. And last game, my opponents didn't have "Pro" "Expert" etc. under their names, all it showed was their names.

Anyone run into any glitches since patch? "Breathing UnderWater" is no longer a selectable song in my game. Before this it was always the first song that played. Plus, my graphics look a bit off...may be trippin on that one though. And last game, my opponents didn't have "Pro" "Expert" etc. under their names, all it showed was their names.

Song thing is a legit bug.

Graphics settings might have reset with patch but shouldn't be degraded in any way.

People can hide their titles now.

So I had the bright idea to play some games in slo-mo to get a better feel for mid-air adjustments on more complex aerials as well as anticipating / getting to wall balls better and it was actually a lot of fun and informative (felt OP) but discovered a side effect:

First I thought the mutator was glitching as it stopped being slo-mo... but what it was is after several games I adjusted to the new slower game speed so much that it began to feel like normal speed again!

And then when I went to play a regular old normal game? Holy shit stacks. It was like watching a game on fast forward! Just a regular normal old game suddenly looked absolutely bonkers. One interesting thing though is I has zero problems with timing. I actually felt like I was quicker to the ball than everyone else so maybe the slo-mo helped sharpen my skills? Anyways, everyone should try playing a few slo-mo games and then switching back to normal as it's a total trip.

As for the stock mutator matches they are all fun and interesting and weird in their own ways (Moonball is favorite) but like above a potential downside is if you play too much of them it may mess up your normal game, or in the very least your short term perception of them.

When is Rocket Hockey coming? Me. Want. Rocket. Hockey.

I popped in the rocketgaf room and there were 6 people playing so left for a match and came back and it was gone. Just missed it. But the game I left for was an epic overtime beach ball match so it ain't all bad =)

On a side note I'm noticing a lot of poor play this evening and think mutator matches may be throwing people of their normal games.

Anyone here have one of the following psn ids?

Dr3ddPS
Dr_Russian_
XxMuFFaSaxX22 (might have to reject this one on principle)
I messaged the last two on PSN last week, but haven't heard from them. So I accepted and immediately removed their membership. I think that's the only way to get rid of the requests.

If you haven't already, go ahead and message the first one on PSN. I'll be away at a conference Wed-Fri (no Rocket League for three days!). Thanks again to you and Villa for helping to manage RocketGAF.

By the way, I still haven't seen a membership request from NaughtyPrawn. And I've sent him invites. Weird. I wonder if it's some region issue with the PSN communities.

EDIT
Yeah, i'm not feeling Time Warp.

my favs are moonball and pinball

Time Warp is awesome in 1v1. I tried it against bots and it's great for practice. Too unpredictable in 2v2, while annoyingly on and off in 3v3.

I only have access to veteran title. Is that a bug that I can't choose below title of veteran. I'm still a rookie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3s5x3k/rocket_league_patch_notes_v108/

XP Titles can now be disabled and Special Titles (ie: PAX Champion) can be swapped out

User can now disable XP Titles or swap them with Special Titles in the "Titles" tab to Garage menu

Meaning you can disable your currently XP title (ie: select "None") or use a special title you've earned in a different capacity (ie: winning/participating in a tournament).

Unicorn

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ugh, they need to fix the broken matchmaking. I mean, generally it works fine, but if you happen to get into a ranked match and it's still searching for a player to fill the last spot, it NEVER works. EVER. Not ONCE has it worked. It always ends up with the match being cancelled, every single time. Annoying as all hell.

J. Bravo

Ugh, they need to fix the broken matchmaking. I mean, generally it works fine, but if you happen to get into a ranked match and it's still searching for a player to fill the last spot, it NEVER works. EVER. Not ONCE has it worked. It always ends up with the match being cancelled, every single time. Annoying as all hell.
I think it finds the people first but then if someone cancels or dcs during the countdown/loading screen, it can't find anyone else. Idk.
I messaged the last two on PSN last week, but haven't heard from them. So I accepted and immediately removed their membership. I think that's the only way to get rid of the requests.

If you haven't already, go ahead and message the first one on PSN. I'll be away at a conference Wed-Fri (no Rocket League for three days!). Thanks again to you and Villa for helping to manage RocketGAF.

By the way, I still haven't seen a membership request from NaughtyPrawn. And I've sent him invites. Weird. I wonder if it's some region issue with the PSN communities.

EDIT

Time Warp is awesome in 1v1. I tried it against bots and it's great for practice. Too unpredictable in 2v2, while annoyingly on and off in 3v3.
I went ahead and messaged them. Hopefully theh respond promptly.

GeeTeeCee

Does anybody use any camera settings that they feel helps them with their spacial awareness, particularly when it comes to lining up aerial hits?

I can honestly say I've been playing since launch and so far have not (intentionally) scored a single aerial goal. I get into the air to hit a ball but hardly ever even connect with the damn thing, let alone send it in the direction I want it to go.

At least I finally reached veteran rank...

Nete

Anyone else messing with RL and the Steam Controller? I'm having a really hard time on finding a comfortable left trackpad config for movement. The community configs I've tested for now hasn't been of much help on this.

J. Bravo

I think I maxed my fov and Moved the camera higher and backwards. Also just practice aerials. Camera settings don't matter THAT much. Go for every (within reason, of course) aerial. Try stopping or slowing down before taking off. Angle higher up so you can hit the ball head on and therefore much harder. Use dominus, the car that has the friendliest hit box. Remember you have a flip for 1.7 seconds and you can use it to great benefit.

But mostly just go for every aerial and you'll be scoring or making a decent pass like 60% of the time. That's where I am lmao. Just hit 39 on ps4 and I'm 36 on pc lol. Lots of room to improve.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I think it finds the people first but then if someone cancels or dcs during the countdown/loading screen, it can't find anyone else. Idk.

Probably true, but then it should cancel the match right away instead of making you wait like an idiot until it invariably fails to find another player. Or fix it.

Played a bit of both the time warp and low gravity one yesterday, both were a bit 'meh', thry actually kind of killed my desire to any more rocket league on the night tbh, felt very slow.

Lunar FC

Played a bit of both the time warp and low gravity one yesterday, both were a bit 'meh', thry actually kind of killed my desire to any more rocket league on the night tbh, felt very slow.

Seems like a lot of the mods just make the game more frustrating rather than more fun. Hoping they add more that actually make the experience enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom