• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought it through the online store but it's not showing up in my purchase history though it is in my download list but not with the "download to PS4" button. When I go to the DLC page it shows the price and "download to PS4" but when I press the button it just loads forever. I restarted the game and it's not there either. :(

There we go, had to restart the Playstation.

I had that problem before on other purchases and suggest trying to download via Playstation Store website AND via the Store app on PS4. If one doesn't work the other usually does.

Well downside of Wasteland is like mutators it messes up my perspective when I return to a normal game -- now this this time when I return to a normal map, i.e. the sides looks sloped to me playing a normal map after several games on Wasteland.

Or maybe I just need to see eye doctor / get head examined :)

Oreoleo

No achievements with the new DLC? I'm surprised. My 100% remains untarnished!

Also, ranked is bad for my blood pressure, I can feel it. Nearly lost a solo 3's 3v2. Down 1-0 the whole game and scored 2 goals in the last 30 seconds.

Edit: Patch notes says 5 new achievements, but they aren't showing on Steam yet I guess.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is Wasteland not in the rotation yet? Wanted to try it, but it never came up (and yes, I know it's not in the ranked rotation). Sucks. Oh well, will have to wait until I can get a private match going I guess.

EDIT: Oh right, could have played it against bots. But that sucks, so eh.

(PS4) Improved overall performance for PS4 users
Improved rendering performance on grass in all stadiums

Huh, it did feel a bit smoother than usual. Good stuff!

bjaelke

No achievements with the new DLC? I'm surprised. My 100% remains untarnished!

Also, ranked is bad for my blood pressure, I can feel it. Nearly lost a solo 3's 3v2. Down 1-0 the whole game and scored 2 goals in the last 30 seconds.

The 5 trophies are part of the DLC and wont show as the main game when you look through your trophy list.

CMVRKquUEAAaVLR.jpg

Is Wasteland not in the rotation yet? Wanted to try it, but it never came up (and yes, I know it's not in the ranked rotation). Sucks. Oh well, will have to wait until I can get a private match going I guess.

EDIT: Oh right, could have played it against bots. But that sucks, so eh.

Huh, it did feel a bit smoother than usual. Good stuff!

It IS part of rotation as I had a it pop up in unranked 3v3. My team got crushed like 9-1 on it... then on old maps against same competition we won the next few lower scoring games. Definitely takes some getting used to but I love it.

On my Windows 10 laptop (i7 5700HQ, GTX 965M, 16GB RAM), the game freezes when a goal is about to be made, or if I go into free play, it will freeze when I hit the ball. If I press control+alt+delete then go back, the game unfreezes and plays fine then, but I would like to keep it from freezing in the first place. I tried reinstalling the game. What else can I try? I'll provide more information if needed.

What button config do you use for air roll?
I use default settings and as such I don't use it at all but all the pro players seem to boost and roll at the same time.
R1 here. I never used push to talk. Once we could remap the training reset button, I moved air roll to R1. Took a long while to get used to. I unlearned using square fairly quickly, but I still sometimes forget to roll fully upright with R1.

I like it on R1 more than L1 because I'm getting older. :p My coordination isn't quite as good, so it's easier to let my left hand control just the stick when I'm trying to do aerials.

I honestly don't use air roll much with aerials, though. I'm too busy trying to hit the ball to bother with freestyling! And I'm not good enough yet for air roll corrections to actually help my aerials.

Rutti

I finally put some money down on this and bought it on steam sale. I got initially on PS4 with PS plus but I do want to play without it so I bought it. Too bad I now have to wait until next years Halloween to get the vampire head antenna. I really liked it

Unicorn

I bought the DLC. I have bought all the others day one, but for some reason I was hesitant.

I'm glad I did because the Ripper is basically Roadkill from Twisted Metal 2. Fukken blessed over here.

Had a fiery night too, compliments poppin' off all over. I love when I jive with a car instantly. Was the same for the DeLorean and Dominus. More rectangular hitbox cars for me.
EWmof.gif

anyone able to get into a random match with the new map?

AcridMeat

Banned
I bought the DLC. I have bought all the others day one, but for some reason I was hesitant.

I'm glad I did because the Ripper is basically Roadkill from Twisted Metal 2. Fukken blessed over here.

Had a fiery night too, compliments poppin' off all over. I love when I jive with a car instantly. Was the same for the DeLorean and Dominus. More rectangular hitbox cars for me.
EWmof.gif

anyone able to get into a random match with the new map?
Same exact way with the same cars. Ripper feels great. I tried the other tonight for a bit with a surfer bro attire with the wood paint but had to give it up as I sucked with it.

Finally got into an online match with the new map. Was great, wish it had it's own playlist to at least give people a chance to try it right away.

Also noticed something with one of the Ripper's paints
hahahaha

Unicorn

Same exact way with the same cars. Ripper feels great. I tried the other tonight for a bit with a surfer bro attire with the wood paint but had to give it up as I sucked with it.

Finally got into an online match with the new map. Was great, wish it had it's own playlist to at least give people a chance to try it right away.

hahahaha

Does it show up in 3v3? Since it's big I kept thinking it'd appear in 4v4, but I played a few games of that and didn't see it there either. sad times. I destroyed some bots in it though. I really enjoy the map.

jotun?

If you want to play more of the Wasteland map, people have been hosting rooms named "wasteland", "wasteland01", "wasteland02", etc

jett

D-Member
I got this on the Steam sale.

It's pretty fun, despite having a hard time doing anything at all lol. I have scored a few goals (and own goals) at least! I feel like the OP should have a rookie video or sumthin with some protips. I've gone through the tutorials, but I guess there's nothing else to it than playing the thing.

I like how there's crossplay with the PS4 version, that's neat.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've been without the internet for several weeks. I'll be without it for even longer to come. I miss Rocket League. Like, I really fucking miss Rocket League. Somebody hold me.

Wasteland is randomly selected in all unranked playlists. It's not a part of ranked playlists (yet).

Someone on the subreddit had a great idea. Rename the 4x4 playlist as "Chaos Run" and just make it Wasteland only for the time being (at least until the Christmas stuff drops).

They should also find a way to increase how often Wasteland shows up in general. Fun map, but unfortunate that people are resorting to private matches to play with others on it.

ErichWK

hahahaha

I hide a Moai head in every game I work on. :3 It's my ode to konami and Gradius. I also hid another Konami reference in another skin. I give you the challenge of finding it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wasteland is randomly selected in all unranked playlists. It's not a part of ranked playlists (yet).

Someone on the subreddit had a great idea. Rename the 4x4 playlist as "Chaos Run" and just make it Wasteland only for the time being (at least until the Christmas stuff drops).

They should also find a way to increase how often Wasteland shows up in general. Fun map, but unfortunate that people are resorting to private matches to play with others on it.

Yeah, I played unranked for like an hour yesterday (and I don't really like doing that, as I just don't find it as engaging as ranked) because I wanted to try it, and it never came up. Making it the only map for 4v4 for a while would be great, especially since it's larger (I think?).

xlom3000

Are there any online Tecmo Superbowl style leagues running in the 2v2 bracket? If not, would anyone be interested in setting something up like that with myself and about 3-5 others who have interest in such a thing?

Single player season mode is great and all, but I'd love to be able to set up something like that online.

Hale-XF11

I've been without the internet for several weeks. I'll be without it for even longer to come. I miss Rocket League. Like, I really fucking miss Rocket League. Somebody hold me.

The power supply on my gaming PC died a couple days ago, conveniently before the release of the new DLC and I have no idea how soon I'll be able to get it repaired or replaced, so I feel your pain. I'm really jonesing here.

Lazulic

"hey it looks like you won your last 10 games. since we cant find harder opponents, we're gonna find worse teammates"

screw this. finally hit 1250 in 2s, feel pretty top about that

If you have a smart phone with 4G you can just tether off of your phone. That's what i did when my Internet was out for two weeks. Well, I did for gaming. Doesn't use up that much, and I was getting 30-40 ping rates.

Unicorn

"hey it looks like you won your last 10 games. since we cant find harder opponents, we're gonna find worse teammates"

screw this. finally hit 1250 in 2s, feel pretty top about that
At that point, best option is to befriend top players and just do private matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom