• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
PC and PS4 are worlds apart.
Why is PC 10x harder? Is the default play with people on your console then it looks for crossplay? Asking because no ones had a mic but everyone talks on PC regardless of if you talk to them.

But yeah, lazily winning 500s with a friend whos barely played recently on ps4, then I play 500s with notably good gaffers on PC and we have close matches with lots of losses in there.

Whats up with that?

Man I stopped playing doubles with my teammate because he always quit whenever we lost 1 or 2 matches and it's annoying as heck. So we started playing ranked standard, and he seems to take that less seriously so we had pretty lengthy sessions having fun with that. Yesterday, he insisted that I stopped playing doubles because I didn't want to play. So we played yesterday, it was fun, we won all of our matches, and I was excited thinking we were just gonna play doubles again regularly.

So we play today, we lose the first match in overtime and he just gets off.

:(

Soulflarz

Banned
I predict i will never leave 1150s 2s and 3s. never.

Can I add you? Seriously, wanting to play >__>

If I drag you down at all feel free to quit, I'm on PS4.

I mainly played on PC, on thanksgiving break. I'm a lot lower rank though, so expect like 2/3rds the rank up exp with easier matches at first :V

PC and PS4 are worlds apart.
Why is PC 10x harder? Is the default play with people on your console then it looks for crossplay? Asking because no ones had a mic but everyone talks on PC regardless of if you talk to them.

But yeah, lazily winning 500s with a friend whos barely played recently on ps4, then I play 500s with notably good gaffers on PC and we have close matches with lots of losses in there.

Whats up with that?

In 1v1 i haven't noticed a PC over PS4 advantage worth speaking about...and that's in over 750 1v1 matches.

bjaelke

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/25/rocket-league-winter-games-event-begins-december-14/
New map:
Starting December 14, our previously-announced hockey-inspired Mutator Mode, now called “Snow Day,” will officially replace the “Mutator Mashup” online playlist.

New free items:
Here’s the full list of upcoming “Winter Event” items:

“Xmas” Rocket Trail
“Blitzen” Topper
“Christmas Tree” Topper
“Sad Sapling” Topper
“Santa” Topper
“Candy Cane” Antenna
“Holiday Gift” Antenna

Info on Chaos Run:
Prior to the Winter Games event starting December 14, our next DLC, “Chaos Run,” will release next week on December 1 for $3.99 USD!

v1lla21

You'll get it when we believe you deserve it.
f8nMs.jpg

J. Bravo

We will go on another win streak and we WILL get plats in 2s.

lets do that tonight. i'm gonna be on point,i can feel it.

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WINI BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WINI BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WINI BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN

Pepiope

lets do that tonight. i'm gonna be on point,i can feel it.

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WINI BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN
Let's do it. I'll be on later today

MUnited83

For you.
Opinions on whether this is worth picking up on PC if you've got it on PS4?
Absolutely. I think the PS4 version is perfectly playable and I had tons of fun with it, but t play much better on PC because of the more constant framerate which really helps with the timing.

J. Bravo

Does anyone have 1v1 tips?
Don't be over aggressive. No aerials or wall shots unless you are 100% certain you won't miss the ball, or are vastly better than your opponent. Like if you're kronovi. But even he plays very conservatively against the top players when it matters.

And get good at dribbling and timing your hits so u get around the other player easily. Also get good at dunking.

Whats up with that?
Matchmaking? If you play with a lower ranked player, you'll get lower ranked opponents.

You'll get it when we believe you deserve it.
This is more for the free holiday items, but has there been any discussion of allowing people to unlock these offline? My little girl can't play online, and she's disappointed she can't decorate her car with them. :-(

Is there a go-to set of FOV settings that's considered ideal? The default feels very zoomed in.
Kronovi uses 100 with otherwise default settings. Lachinio uses 110, but zooms in the camera a bit to compensate. You can Google either settings. They come up a lot. I use 100 FOV.

Man I stopped playing doubles with my teammate because he always quit whenever we lost 1 or 2 matches and it's annoying as heck. So we started playing ranked standard, and he seems to take that less seriously so we had pretty lengthy sessions having fun with that. Yesterday, he insisted that I stopped playing doubles because I didn't want to play. So we played yesterday, it was fun, we won all of our matches, and I was excited thinking we were just gonna play doubles again regularly.

So we play today, we lose the first match in overtime and he just gets off.

:(
I need a doubles partner. When do you play?

ErichWK

Matchmaking? If you play with a lower ranked player, you'll get lower ranked opponents.

This is more for the free holiday items, but has there been any discussion of allowing people to unlock these offline? My little girl can't play online, and she's disappointed she can't decorate her car with them. :-(

Kronovi uses 100 with otherwise default settings. Lachinio uses 110, but zooms in the camera a bit to compensate. You can Google either settings. They come up a lot. I use 100 FOV.

I am pretty sure you can unlock items while not playing Online Matches. Did you download the patch?

edit: sorry! I was mistaken! You are right, you must be in an online match to get holiday stuff. I will bring it up, though!

I am pretty sure you can unlock items while not playing Online Matches. Did you download the patch?

edit: sorry! I was mistaken! You are right, you must be in an online match to get holiday stuff. I will bring it up, though!
Thanks! We noticed it with the Halloween items even though the promotions didn't specify it was online only.

So I bought Rocket League on sale in the hope it would run well on my shitty laptop from 2009.

It does! Very well optimized game. Well done Psyonix.

Grinchy

Banned
Played a 13:28 Ranked game, winning by 1-0. My hands. Hurt. A lot. So stressful.

Enough RL for today :p

Well, hey, at least you got a few points added to your rank so that the next time you play you can lose 40 more.

Or at least that's how I play ranked.

bjaelke

Did Psyonix ever mention why there isn't Season Pass for DLC packs yet?

“At first we didn’t, because we don’t like the idea of selling a pass to content that we’re not even sure what it is yet, but now that we’ve had quite a bit of DLC and plan more, we may consider it. We’ll see what the demand for it’s like.”

I'm happy to just pay for the DLC as it comes. It's not as if the best stuff isn't already free (arenas), gamemodes. It's all so cheap I can't see a reason for a season pass unless they put something more substantial up

I typically play anywhere from 4pm - 10pm pst, with some other random sessions. Do you play on PC?

Don't be over aggressive. No aerials or wall shots unless you are 100% certain you won't miss the ball, or are vastly better than your opponent. Like if you're kronovi. But even he plays very conservatively against the top players when it matters.

And get good at dribbling and timing your hits so u get around the other player easily. Also get good at dunking.

Dribbling is something I never tried to learn. I'll work on that.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm happy to just pay for the DLC as it comes. It's not as if the best stuff isn't already free (arenas), gamemodes. It's all so cheap I can't see a reason for a season pass unless they put something more substantial up
Personally I think the way DLC works is perfect as is. $4 a month, and more importantly, being able to see the content and decide if I want something or not is so much better than a pass that they admit would have things that aren't even conceived yet.

It just so happens I like all of the DLC so I've bought it all. Keep it up!

265 hours played ( on PC ). I have only managed to reach Gold I in Doubles. But I'm slowly getting more consistent - I'm not that good yet, but I'm slowly getting there.

Rocket League is painfully addictive, though. It's already my second most-played game on Steam ( after CS:GO ), and I feel like I'm just getting started. Say, I have few hours to spare. Good time for Fallout 4, right? But first, a few matches of RL. Lo and behold, the hours have gone and I'm still playing Rocket League. Maybe tomorrow, Fallout...

I don't know what it is about this game, but every time I fire it up, it feels just as fun and refreshing as it did the day before.

Lé Blade Runner;186904955 said:
I don't know what it is about this game, but every time I fire it up, it feels just as fun and refreshing as it did the day before.

People have been playing baseball for 150 years. Sports have legs.

Consumer

So I just bought 13 games this BF and I feel sad because I know I'll wind up playing RL each time I boot up the PS4. FeelsBadMan

One thing RL needs to add is "hours played" on PS4. It's annoying & inaccurate having to estimate by multiplying my matches played by ~6.5 minutes. Pretty sure I've spent ~200-250 hours, but some confirmation would be nice.

I can't wait for the Dec 1 Chaos DLC. That Ripper car looks like it'll be my new vehicle of choice, replacing the Dominus, along with that R&C boost trail.
(It resembles R&C moreso than Mad Max IMO).

People have been playing baseball for 150 years. Sports have legs.

I dislike sports and was always bewildered that my dad/brother could watch the same sport being played, almost every single day. Now, on a given week, I spend ~10-20 hours watching RL streams and suddenly I have empathy for my family.

Played a 13:28 Ranked game, winning by 1-0. My hands. Hurt. A lot. So stressful.

Enough RL for today :p

Wow. I don't doubt it. My longest OT was just a few seconds under 7 minutes and it was insane but also AWESOME. I have a love / hate with long OT's as I eventually get like a runner's high where I am in the zone and feel like I can play forever but then of course the game finally ends and I've got like a creepy claw hand from gripping the controller too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom