• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
No I'm aware of that, I mean going up from 0

cause I was 600 on PS4, can definitely say the skill to drag myself back to that on PC was a lot more.
The climb is worse, yes. I think it would also be interesting to see if there was a drop off of ranked players after the reset.
Reset? My scores have stayed the same.

Maybe I wasn't above 900 yet at that point.
You were in the 1100s or 1200s when we were playing pre-reset dude. haha I remember because there was one night when we went on a winstreak that gave us around 100.

Soulflarz

Banned
The climb is worse, yes. I think it would also be interesting to see if there was a drop off of ranked players after the reset.

Surely
But yeah I remember doing 300 in doubles and people doing aerials I used to see in 600s

Now thats just a moshpit of good and bad gameplay

Solo is more even but a much steeper climb

AcridMeat

Banned
I've talked about it so many times now but that's because you can win 5 matches, lose the 6th and lose all progress from those 5 wins. The system doesn't allow for you to climb easily at all, because it's all down to cumulative team ranking and if you win or loss.

So you end up with people in a larger margin of skill within the same ranks, which perpetuates the problem.

I guess that's how it is for you high level folk. So far for me, this game seems WAY more lenient than others when it comes to ranking up and down. Seems like I normally get more points for winning than I lose for losing. But I sit in the bronze III/silver I range anyway because i'm garbage.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's nice to see the devs in the struggle lol.

Has anyone gotten in a game with a dev yet? I've never seen one.

I thought he was parodying me >__>

Now
What's this freezing issue? I randomly freeze as i DC from the server for 15s, it can ruin a goal.

I'm asking since it happened just 15m ago
Lost 16 points as a result of it fully kicking me. Amazing.

Oh man...
They are in talks to bring other famous vehicles to “Rocket League,” possibly including KITT from “Knight Rider,” according to Bill Kispert, an executive vice president at Comcast Corp.CMCSA -1.35%’s Universal.
This...
1881c1guhs9zbjpg.jpg
plus this..
as a Rocket trail sound

and I couldn't throw my money any faster.

tch

So if I got someone a steam code, they would be able to redeem it and just download the Mac version when it comes out right? Looking for a Christmas gift haha.

Quality of Life patch coming 2016.

We have other features and improvements to existing ones planned for early 2016 as well, but wanted to highlight these particular ones. Now, let's get into some details!

-Report System
implementing the first version of a "Report System" in the first Rocket League patch of 2016 because we know what a highly-requested feature that is.

-Ranked Rejoin Feature
One of the top requests we've received is the aforementioned Rejoin Feature for Ranked Online matches. Currently, players that are disconnected during a game can’t rejoin and continue playing with the same group of Rocket Leaguers. That will no longer be the case in our next patch! We'll be adding a pop-up that gives disconnected players the option to rejoin their previous Doubles or Standard match if it's still in-progress. Look for some elaboration just after the holiday break.

-UI Scalability
After installing the 1.08 Patch, players who used monitors at higher resolutions noticed that the UI was larger. Based on your feedback, we are adjusting this so that PC players can scale the UI using a slider in the Video settings. Hope you enjoy the change!

-Max Frame Rate
We've heard the requests of PC players who want to enjoy Rocket League at higher frame rates so they can take advantage of the latest monitors and hardware technology. In our next patch, we'll be adding an in-game option that lets you raise the maximum frame rate as high as 250 fps with none of the side effects that are typically seen when using other frame rate uncapping methods.

Grinchy

Banned
^God, they just never stop fixing even small issues that only a small handful of players have. If this were one of the big companies, they'd say, "Only X% of the userbase has the hardware to play at 4K or higher framerates, so we can't focus on that."

What's this:

Misc.
(PS4) Improved overall performance for PS4 users
Improved rendering performance on grass in all stadiums

Is that related to FPS? Do all maps play like Urban yet?

ughhhhh. the ranking on the this game is such GARBAGE. if my teammate gets booted from the game in the first minute...while my team is up 1-0, and we end up losing a 3v2 game 3-2...why the fuuuuck should i lose 9 points. they really need to have rank be more dynamic. it should be a combination of win vs. points scored, etc.

MUnited83

For you.
ughhhhh. the ranking on the this game is such GARBAGE. if my teammate gets booted from the game in the first minute...while my team is up 1-0, and we end up losing a 3v2 game 3-2...why the fuuuuck should i lose 9 points. they really need to have rank be more dynamic. it should be a combination of win vs. points scored, etc.
Yeah, its terrible. I really dislike how your performance on the match has no effect on it at all.

happened again. soooo terrible. have no motivation to play anymore. i've probably put 100+ hours into this game, but i can't continue if i'm going to be punished for shit that's out of my control

I feel your pain. I lost 12 points the other day in a 1 v 3 coming back from 3 down only to lose on a freak bounce in OT (to be fair I missed a couple gimmes... should have had it... grrrr)

Why oh why did I let myself get pulled back in to ranked play???

Backlogger

Man, did people just get better? Or did I get worse? Or did something happen with matchmaking? I've dropped over 100 rank points in the last 3-4 days. Just can't win anymore

Sorry if you got stuck with me as a teammate =/

jotun?

If someone leaves just quit. I don't think you lose points. You aren't banned from matchmaking either afaik.

You do lose points, but it's delayed by a bit so you don't see the drop right away. I don't think you lose extra like the person who leaves first though (same as if you stay and lose), and you definitely don't get the ban

Oreoleo

Is this game any fun to solo que in? Or do you need to be a premade team to enjoy it?

I played the game a lot before any of my friends got it and I get really frustrated when I play with them now cause most of em are still in the ballchasing stage and there's very little coordination going on. Ranked solo 3's I get matched up with people more my rank and have more even and fair games and have a lot more fun because of it.

I can still have fun playing with friends but, not in ranked really.

Noaloha

Is this game any fun to solo que in? Or do you need to be a premade team to enjoy it?

It's going to boil down to your own character, what you want out of a competitive game, how your brain handles other - faceless - humans that you play with who'll occasionally be much worse or much better than you. That said, I've played practically nothing but non-partied 3vs3 unranked since launch, typically skipping around lobbies until I find one with friendly solo players. RL's my GOTY, so yes it can be fun to solo queue in. :)

AndyD

aka andydumi
It's going to boil down to your own character, what you want out of a competitive game, how your brain handles other - faceless - humans that you play with who'll occasionally be much worse or much better than you. That said, I've played practically nothing but non-partied 3vs3 unranked since launch, typically skipping around lobbies until I find one with friendly solo players. RL's my GOTY, so yes it can be fun to solo queue in. :)

Pretty much this. The thing to remember is that if you find a good lobby, people will keep playing together, so you slowly get to know the teammates over 2-3 matches and you start working together a lot more. Poor lobbies get disbanded after a game or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom