• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
joke of the night
wSGaOjK.jpg

otp

AcridMeat

Banned
You're still the juggiest jiggly in my mind Unicorn.
Well then :X

Everyone I play against is expert so it's like 5 goals a game at most.
I prefer normal by far since aerials keep the complexity fresh while puck is a lot more straightforward it seems?
It becomes way more about wall aerials. The dynamic of this mode is nuts because it's back and forth hits on the wall 40% of the time. Honestly there's still a lot of chances for aerial play, you just have to be so much more precise.

Ferrio

Banned
The wall plays in the hockey mode make me wonder if they could make a magnet field. So the puck stays grounded constantly, and sticks to the ceiling.

You're still the juggiest jiggly in my mind Unicorn.
It becomes way more about wall aerials. The dynamic of this mode is nuts because it's back and forth hits on the wall 40% of the time. Honestly there's still a lot of chances for aerial play, you just have to be so much more precise.

Yup. Plenty of aerials still. With more people actually using the walls a lot of would be centers are getting cleared but there are also a lot more wall aerials as a trade off + the puck still pops up in the air plenty.

I love teeing off on a spinning puck.

I also love the Xmas items. Making my car as obnoxious as possible with red and green color and every Xmas item -- it looks like a bad Xmas sweater!

Absolutely loving the hockey mode. Ton of fun.

Only thing I think they really need to fix is to make sure the entire puck crosses the net before it counts. Had a lot of frustrating moments where we could have made the save but it counted.

Other than that, great stuff.

Hockey Mode is cool, but unfortunately for me, it requires even more usage of ball cam. It's been super fun, though I think scoring is a bit too easy as the ball just tends to go in when it slides along the wall.

I do like the change in strategy and how to play though.

At high level I thought hockey was impossible to score?

Hockey is harder to score on than regular, especially if people use the walls. You can't lob the puck unless it's on it's edge. You can't shoot over anyone that's directly in front of you. You need to dribble and pass and follow up centers on the wall to counter the clears. I've gone to OT a bunch of times already and most games are 1-0, 2-1, or 3-2.

If people are clueless and just sit in the net when they could be clearing centers, sure, there can a lot of easy goals and higher scores but overall I've been pretty impressed with overall level of play. I'm digging hockey so much it's going to be hard to go back to normal.

Soulflarz

Banned
Now, if you want a higher level way to launch it in hockey, get above it, turn car upside down, double jump, slamming straight down, sends it flying

I don't know how practical it is past theoreticals and the one time I did it when I was randomly above it moving at the same speed, BUT STILL.

How often are people getting unlocks of the Christmas themed items? I haven't gotten a single one, versus the Halloween stuff that would drop every 5 games or so.

Hmm Under my toppers there's not even a locked spot where they would show up
Also are you playing only in the new playlist? I wonder if that's a requirement

How often are people getting unlocks of the Christmas themed items? I haven't gotten a single one, versus the Halloween stuff that would drop every 5 games or so.

I think around every 4-5 games or so for me BUT I also think you have to be playing at the right time. I noticed teammates also getting items at the same time as me which makes me think they might do something like only make the items achievable every other hour or one hour out of every three (staggered somehow) as with this and Halloween I would pile them up but then have really long stretches for whatever was left. I could of course be completely wrong on this but I don't think they are available 24 hours a day.

I think around every 4-5 games or so for me BUT I also think you have to be playing at the right time. I noticed teammates also getting items at the same time as me which makes me think they might do something like only make the items achievable every other hour or one hour out of every three (staggered somehow) as with this and Halloween I would pile them up but then have really long stretches for whatever was left. I could of course be completely wrong on this but I don't think they are available 24 hours a day.
That would actually make sense. I've played a ton of games in the past 2 hours and haven't gotten a single one.

Wow. Number of rage quits / forfeits in hockey is blowing my mind. It's a beautiful arena. Everyone is rocking Xmas items. The game is way less stressful than the normal game. Chill out and have some fun for God's sake!

On the other hand it is kind of HILARIOUS people get this pissed off playing a game with a giant puck and cars. It's like rage quitting Candy Crush.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
We ran a tournament over the last two weeks here at work, and we recorded the finals today.. Some pretty damned good games. It was a best of 3, 2v2. Each team throughout the tournament consisted of one vet and one rookie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pie0EqGSJxM

Sorry for the potato quality audio, didn't know we had another mic hooked into OBS.. the bright side is it caught the audio of all of us watching it in the theater :)

Soulflarz

Banned
rank system needs to be on something besides w/l

should not be losing +1000 on your teammate

edit:
well
in the past 24hr dragged myself from like 390->530 doubles
lol
ez

Meader

If I have all the old items already shouldn't I be unlocking the new Christmas items at a rate of 1 per game? I'm not getting anything awarded to me despite dozens of games now.

Pepiope

If I have all the old items already shouldn't I be unlocking the new Christmas items at a rate of 1 per game? I'm not getting anything awarded to me despite dozens of games now.
They're not coming after every game like they used to. I think my items came after every 15-20 matches.

Barely getting any Christmas items also. I've played maybe 30 matches since its started and I've gotten 2 items.
I didn't get any Christmas items for my first 10 matches, then got something like 6 items in 7 matches. Try quitting the match you're in and starting a new one maybe?

Micapo

Having a lot of fun with Hockey. Bal... Pucks to the walls! I've received an item every 4-5 games so far so definitely not every game but not to bad either.

J. Bravo

pepiope and i just beat low5ive on his stream haha. it was pretty fun. we were down 4-1 with 3 minutes left and won 6-5 in OT. hes the first pro i've played against, much less beaten :D

Unicorn

Hockey has fucked me over in standard games. I enjoy hockey, but hate the drop in ability in standard play. I just need to get gude

Hockey has fucked me over in standard games. I enjoy hockey, but hate the drop in ability in standard play. I just need to get gude

This is actually the first mutator that HASN'T messed me up going back to normal games. It's actually making me better -- all that time spent on the walls (practice makes perfect!) in hockey is really improving my wall game in normal play. So this has been a pleasant surprise as I was worried hockey would F up my normal game.

My biggest problem with hockey is I like it so much I don't want to give it up to play normal.

Pepiope

I did! But only because of his esl monthly champion title haha. Didn't know it was him at the time. When I get home and have a second tomorrow I will post it. It's also in his twitch archive
Ah nice. I have the game where I beat Kronovi saved too, I should get around to makings gifs or something of it lol.

Soulflarz

Banned
stop trying to steal goals

nah, wasn't his, he was supposed to rotated back. He did it with no previous momentum.

High 500s/low 600s for doubles is hell.
Random people whiff constantly and go for 100% boost in kickoff, which is a big no in doubles.

People STILL center it to the middle as a way to get it away from the guy by them, even if it is a guaranteed shot for the second guy.
And people STILL run it along the walls regardless of the fact it works 1/10 times.

Gah.
Went from 630->600 with one teammate (got him 3x in a row, RNG rip) who two masters actually apologized to me for after a match and just lost 2. :<
Back into missing basic ground touches tier.

and this issue to the devs- why can your teammate get afk kicked and you lose the whole 8 points?
Well, today was interesting
went from 440->630->560->585

Sigh. 630 come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom