• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
this guy appears to be so good that sometimes his opponents stop defending. lol. but he's still got fantastic control of his car in the air.

I'm glad you pointed this out as I always notice it with videos like these. Amazing control in the air -- fabulous skill on display -- but most of the goals would never be scored if the other team played basic defense, in particular attacking the ball instead of sitting in net and watching the guy. Part of me wants to see a montage of all the times they try that stuff and someone competent and in position lays the smack down on them :)

I'm glad you pointed this out as I always notice it with videos like these. Amazing control in the air -- fabulous skill on display -- but most of the goals would never be scored if the other team played basic defense, in particular attacking the ball instead of sitting in net and watching the guy. Part of me wants to see a montage of all the times they try that stuff and someone competent and in position lays the smack down on them :)

Yeah Gibbs would get his car on all of these.

Well, I mean, there's one shot where someone rams into him just before scoring, but neither he nor the ball moves from its trajectory. It is what it is I guess.

Unicorn

the drop rates for holiday items are broken dumb. I don't want to feel like I'm grinding for this shit.
LLShC.gif
30+ matches and only 2 items.

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
First time posting in this thread, so apologies if this idea has been floated before, but how feasible would it be for Psyonix to add a "GIF That!" button you could press during replays of your own goals?

I'm sure there would be concern about bandwidth and abuse of the feature, but they could limit it to one GIF per every five matches or something. Maybe even use a freemium model where if you want more than one GIF in that span, you have to pay, I don't know, 49 cents per.

I know there are a lot of folks out there already creating their own GIFs, but some of us less technically savvy folks would appreciate an easier option. What do you guys think?

Hey Rocket pals, check out this leak of upcoming content.

Shows the Season rewards:

-looks like there are crowns for the rank you achieved
-plus some flags

There's some other random stuff too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3xua42/rocket_league_spoilers_season_1_rewards_new/

Psyonix_JoshPsyonix
I am constantly impressed by how thorough this community is. Though I'd like to make sure everyone sees the disclaimer here: Just because something is in the package does not mean it will see the light of day. Some of this stuff will make it out, some of it won't. Some of these are either still in progress or remnants of previous experiments. We'll have some 'official' announcements about what makes it and what doesn't once we've finalized everything, so hang tight on that one

Very cool. I wonder what will make it in?

Kalamari

Just started playing this game despite downloading it when it was free with PS+. It's actually pretty good, I can see it becoming one of my go-to ps4 games.

Salsa

2v2

rival scores a goal as soon as game starts

partner wants to forfeit

I write "lol"

I score 2 goals

lose 3-2

partner with like 50 points who hasnt done shit writes "wow and you've been playing since the alpha??"

rocket leagueee

Salsa

I just wrote that and this was my next game

uIjZN87.png

dude playing with me complained all game

all game

I pulled 6 saves

all from mistakes by him

his mistakes I couldnt save were goals by the other team

I would have never said anything to him

I adore this game to death but the online random scene is seriously getting worse than call of duty

just puts you off completely

Grinchy

Banned
^You should consider turning the chat off. Your skin my not be hardened enough for RL chat. I know mine isn't. Nothing makes me play worse than some horrible player who tells me I'm the reason we're losing.

Salsa

^You should consider turning the chat off. Your skin my not be hardened enough for RL chat. I know mine isn't. Nothing makes me play worse than some horrible player who tells me I'm the reason we're losing.

I like being encouraging with the chat. I just don't get how griefing a player (heck even if he was playing worse than you) amounts to anything other than a sure loss

"oh this dude made a mistake so im gonna make him hate me that'd make us win"

"oh this dude is clearly better than me so im also gonna make him hate me for some reason that way we'll win"

edit: I liked this shot on the match before with the other guy complaining

FriendlyGenuineAlaskanhusky.gif

tho it was just kinda showy

I almost always want to reply to the negative guys how 'you're only a Bronze!'. Be amazed at how bad I am (or your imagination of it) all you want, you ain't any better. Of course, that would take too long to type, so I generally keep it all inside...

The thing that gets me the most is when people stop playing to type a long-ass complaint. Sometimes we haven't even conceded a goal, yet they furiously type their nonsense because they've been wronged somehow.

The number of times I've seen someone tell someone else to uninstall the game...

the best is when someone complains about you and then has the nerve to say 'nice shot!' or whatever after you do something good. it's like, hey asshole maybe don't jump the gun next time

A minor annoyance in 1v1 ranked is how often people say Nice shot! I know it's meant to be good sportsmanship but I'm not going to say it after every goal. Especially when I'm getting my ass handed to me. Yesterday I was beating a guy pretty good and he would say nice shot after everyone one of my goals. When he scored I didn't say it and he typed "I don't get a nice shot? :)" and I felt guilty.

A minor annoyance in 1v1 ranked is how often people say Nice shot! I know it's meant to be good sportsmanship but I'm not going to say it after every goal. Especially when I'm getting my ass handed to me. Yesterday I was beating a guy pretty good and he would say nice shot after everyone one of my goals. When he scored I didn't say it and he typed "I don't get a nice shot? :)" and I felt guilty.

Yeah that's annoying af.

2v2

rival scores a goal as soon as game starts

partner wants to forfeit

I write "lol"

I score 2 goals

lose 3-2

partner with like 50 points who hasnt done shit writes "wow and you've been playing since the alpha??"

rocket leagueee

I had a guy who kept calling my PSN teammate a "Sony Pony" every time the dude scored.

We won 6-1, so it was alot. :\

Then there was the ones who couldn't clear to save their lives bitching about "teammates".

I had 4 saves in one minute...

ChrisD

Everyone is also so passive aggressive with the presets lol

Booted game back up for Hockey, but had to give normal mode some shots again. Same as ever with the chat being so bad.

Mahonay

Banned
Me and a couple of my friends that played this game like crazy after it came out are trying to get back into it after not playing for a couple months. It has not been pretty. We lose about 8 out of 10 games it feels like. I was in gold ranking and I've dropped to silver 2.

I had a guy who kept calling my PSN teammate a "Sony Pony" every time the dude scored.

We won 6-1, so it was alot. :

Then there was the ones who couldn't clear to save their lives bitching about "teammates".

I had 4 saves in one minute...

The Sony Pony thing is funny because if he's a PC player then the PS4 can't see him saying it anyways, so it's dumb and a complete waste of time.

Finally climbed back into the 700s going solo on Doubles. I really wish there was a thread on GAF centered on Rocket League in which I could find a potential teammate or two to wreck with. :/ But such is life!

Blog Post.
We couldn’t be more grateful for the amazing year we’ve had here at Psyonix Studios. With your help, your enthusiasm, and your unbelievable loyalty, Rocket League has created a family of almost nine million players worldwide and the numbers keep getting better each and every day!
23463736909_c8b60cf820.jpg

Next year, we have even bigger things in store for Rocket League, with a number of exciting announcements already planned to appear over the next several months. As always, we will continue to support the game as aggressively as we can, with new content, new modes, new DLC, new Arenas, and plenty of other cool things to keep you coming back and happy in 2016.
Of course, nothing we accomplished this year (or plan to do for the next) would have been possible without you, our dedicated community. You helped us reach our dreams with Rocket League, and now we hope to inspire yours for many years to come.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and thank you very much!
Sincerely,
Psyonix

Happy Holidays Psyonix. Looking forward to another year of content and news. No matter what comes out in gaming the next piece of Rocket league DLC is always what has me most excited. I'm addicted to those rocket fumes.

Pepiope

Space bar not working on my keyboard, and I have to RMA it. Pretty crazy timing as my Elite controller just came in the mail. Looks like I'm moving to a controller for Rocket League. Im gonna suck so baddd.

Pepiope

For a while. Controller is so good though

Yesssssssss
Hardest thing to get used to is the fact that you have to press LT or RT all the time.

On keyboard WASD was all you needed to do. W being gas, and S being reverse is going to take some time, but I already have an aerial goal so wooooo.

The cool thing is that now I can steer while slowing down a lot better with the controller, but it feels weird as hell.

And these paddles are so fucking helpful. Having B for boost and A for jump was never going to work out.

Just wanted to chime in that the random chat really is getting terrible. I don't remember it being this bad.

Had a guy want to forfeit when it was 0-0. i typed in "?" and he said "you suck dude, not gonna waste my time"

We ended up losing, 2-1 (only goal by me), and then he goes, "Delete the game dude".

Why are people like this?

And why does it bother me? I know it shouldn't.

Nete

I still want an option to deactivate regular chat but keep the emotes. It would make the game much more bearable.

The current "all or nothing" option isn't really optimal, as emotes can be useful sometimes. Even when playing with assholes.

SappYoda

I still want an option to deactivate regular chat but keep the emotes. It would make the game much more bearable.

The current "all or nothing" option isn't really optimal, as emotes can be useful sometimes. Even when playing with assholes.

Then they will infinitely spam what a save...

Maybe an additional option to restrict it to just team quick chat?

Then they will infinitely spam what a save...

Maybe an additional option to restrict it to just team quick chat?

Maybe I remember wrong, but I thought you couldn't spam chat before. You'd get something like 3 or 4 lines in, and if it was deemed to fast, you got automatically restricted. Is that gone now or did I imagine it before?

Agreed. I'm hoping they might include that option in a future update. Would be helpful in avoiding the jerks who like to put spoilers in text chat to troll you. I would just disable chat, but the quick chat can be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom