• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Leveled up to 20 and now the game says I'm "Pro" even though I suck ass :( I had to hide my rank because I feel bad getting paired up with people who will expect me to be even remotely good
KuGsj.gif

My biggest accomplishments so far has been a couple of aerial goals and keeping my win-lose ratio over 50%...

Leveled up to 20 and now the game says I'm "Pro" even though I suck ass :( I had to hide my rank because I feel bad getting paired up with people who will expect me to be even remotely good
KuGsj.gif

My biggest accomplishments so far has been a couple of aerial goals and keeping my win-lose ratio over 50%...

i just assume a pro isn't going to be very good. i wasn't even a decent player until i reached veteran

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
KuGsj.gif

You can hide your rank? Oh that explains some people's ranks not appearing. I just assumed it was a bug or something.

Draper

I never do barrel rolls or flips as I'm moving across the field, but I see everyone else do it.

Is that a key element to succeeding in this game?

Unain

I never do barrel rolls or flips as I'm moving across the field, but I see everyone else do it.

Flips + a little bit of boost will get you to supersonic speed faster. And more importantly it won't use as much boost.

Ran rp

Yikes. Just had a ranked game with more vitriol in the chat than all of my unranked games combined. I don't understand how they could play while typing so much. It's like a completely different community. And it seems to get worse as my rank goes up.

Dr Prob

Banned
I get a kick out of the knuckleheads on PS4 who get all worked up and type shit to PC players even though they can't see it. Sick burn, man. Sick burn.

Grinchy

Banned
I get a kick out of the knuckleheads on PS4 who get all worked up and type shit to PC players even though they can't see it. Sick burn, man. Sick burn.

It's even more funny if they had to use the controller keyboard because that shit is a pain in the ass.

I GG ps4 players on accident all the time on PC.

It's even more funny if they had to use the controller keyboard because that shit is a pain in the ass.

I GG ps4 players on accident all the time on PC.

there are definitely a lot of ps4 players using keyboards for chat. i see some people typing tons of things in an impossibly short amount of time

KanameYuuki

You can get that speed that you get after using boost for a while after two quick jumps, when it sounds like a "boom" and then you leave a trail from your tires.

Ran rp

this dude seriously tried to camp behind me in my team's goal to knock me away whenever i went for a block

all they did was weaken their team's defense

it was kind of hilarious though 'cause i was looking all over for the third player and they were behind me the whole time

edit: too many people are bad at blocking goals. i don't even like defending but i usually end up playing goalie for most of the game.

Cappa

Banned
Anyone here play 3v3 on ps4? It's frustrating playing with randoms and the guys I played with before only play sporadically now.

US east or Europe (my ping is better in Europe but I can swing 90-120 ping on us east) I've gone from silver 2 to bronze 3 :(

My game tag is Xxcappaxx

Pedersen

Added you bro :) I don't play that much ranked cause it stresses me out, but lets get you to silver again! I'm 634 right now, so lets see if we match:)

Ultra long shot, but I had an aerial goal of a lifetime, and I was stupid enough to not Save the Replay.

If anyone here played with a Mookie last night who did an aerial goal, and you happened to save the replay, let me know!

Fireblend

Banned
I always forget to save my replay whenever I do something well :( the other day I dribbled my way through the entire opposite team and scored and forgot to save that T_T

Grinchy

Banned
I always forget to save my replay whenever I do something well :( the other day I dribbled my way through the entire opposite team and scored and forgot to save that T_T

Yeah I've always wanted an option that would allow you to tell the game to save your replay while you're in-game. Then when the game ends, it just automatically saves it.

That's a lot better than sticking your leg up in the air for the entire game as a reminder.

Oh that sucks! I know the pain, truly. I was actually nearly despondent forgetting to save this.

Yeah I've always wanted an option that would allow you to tell the game to save your replay while you're in-game. Then when the game ends, it just automatically saves it.

That's a lot better than sticking your leg up in the air for the entire game as a reminder.

This would solve some problems. We can only hope.

OuiOuiBa

Watched, thanks for uploading.
Some friendly advice (hope that can help, maybe it is already obvious to you watching it afterwards) from a low ranked player (only around 700...) :
- I dash much more often than you, as I find the mobility gain makes up for the temporary loss of control most of the time. Could be related to playstyle, but it seems to me you under-use it when it could help.
- You do not seem to use powerslide much. You used it at 5:35 it seems, but I think it could have helped a little bit in other instances.
- There are a few moments where you swich off ball cam for too long. Without it, you might have been able to prevent the 2nd goal.
Overall your team really seemed to worked out well, this kind of synergy makes for fun matches ! :)

I think I will try to record most of my matches too, because I really need to reflect on them (having a hard time going up :/)

Watched, thanks for uploading.
Some friendly advice (hope that can help, maybe it is already obvious to you watching it afterwards) from a low ranked player (only around 700...) :
- I dash much more often than you, as I find the mobility gain makes up for the temporary loss of control most of the time. Could be related to playstyle, but it seems to me you under-use it when it could help.
- You do not seem to use powerslide much. You used it at 5:35 it seems, but I think it could have helped a little bit in other instances.
- There are a few moments where you swich off ball cam for too long. Without it, you might have been able to prevent the 2nd goal.
Overall your team really seemed to worked out well, this kind of synergy makes for fun matches ! :)

I think I will try to record most of my matches too, because I really need to reflect on them (having a hard time going up :/)

Haha thanks! Yea, I realized a few things like how I might've been able to stop the opponents 2nd goal. with better cam control. I don't particularly dash much as I prefer preserving boost for aerials or quick defence, and I also tend to get hindered by the speed at times (in terms of control).

I'll have to look at the powersliding option. I tend to mostly do it in defence or when the opponent misses a ball that I can quickly get to if I powerslide. Outside of that, I rarely do it. Cheers for the feedback, I've always liked recording gameplay because it is the best way to see where and how you can improve.

Ran rp

The game is broken atm. Trying to search for a game just brings up a dark screen. I think it's trying to sign into PSN but I'm already on and the player numbers are listed and everything.

Tobinishi

Anyone willing to help me with the "play online with a friend"-trophy? I normally don't care about trophies but it's Rocket League and nobody on my friendslist is playing it. Not playing well at the moment, so I would prefer just a casual game as I don't want to mess up your ranked games.

PSN-ID is my Gaf username and most of the time I'm online around 11pm GMT.

J. Bravo

I wrote that on the 13th goal cause no one was talking and it was drivin me crazy
Same. It took me like 30 games to get back to gold 1. Never playing doubles solo again. I mean, it's not like I'm bad at rocket league....I make mistakes but there's no way losing 200 points is even like 50% my fault.
I think I did move up a bit, but they were good games anyway lol. That shot was niiccceeee.

Next time we're beating Moses.
It seriously was but no one here likes it :(

We should have beaten him that time but he was just a split second faster to the ball.

Same. It took me like 30 games to get back to gold 1. Never playing doubles solo again. I mean, it's not like I'm bad at rocket league....I make mistakes but there's no way losing 200 points is even like 50% my fault.

It seriously was but no one here likes it :(

We should have beaten him that time but he was just a split second faster to the ball.

If there was a gaf like button I would have pressed it

Man I just had the most frustrating night of rocket league of my life. dropped almost 100 points in doubles playing solo. iwannabetheguy, get your punk ass back online so we can play! Its been too long :p

Grinchy

Banned
Man I just had the most frustrating night of rocket league of my life. dropped almost 100 points in doubles playing solo. iwannabetheguy, get your punk ass back online so we can play! Its been too long :p

That sums up most nights I play. I only really play with a friend of mine. Some nights we just tear it up. Other nights we lose 100+ points in a single sitting.

dickroach

I just got this and hoooooly shit this might be the most fun game ever, and I'm not usually a fan of online games. Played like 10+ matches and there was only one or two games I didn't score a goal. One game I got 2 goals in the first 14 seconds, and in another score the game tying goal and the OT goal. Such an adrenaline rush. I'm never going to sleep. I feel like I just did a bunch of coke.

also, my fingers are killing me. this Steam controller's gonna take some getting used to.

Cappa

Banned
Added you bro :) I don't play that much ranked cause it stresses me out, but lets get you to silver again! I'm 634 right now, so lets see if we match:)
Good games yesterday... Of course I finally do well the game everyone decides to leave on haha.

You guys are on a whole nother level with the rocketing stuff. Alot of the games we lost were just mistakes from doing to much(well me more than you guys). I think I just need to play how I'm used to instead of trying to do what you guys are doing. That's what I did in the last game and it worked lol. I didn't think anyone we played against (and lost) were even that good. We blew alot of 2-3 goal leads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom