• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

KanameYuuki

So guys, sometimes when I try to drive to a wall to ride it, my car hits really hard something, like the wall or the floor instead of a smooth change, did any of you guys experience that too? It mostly happened with snow day, but it happened several times on any other map.

Ran rp

How is it not clear when I make references to rank several times? If your ability to infer or comprehend is an issue, that's out of my hands. Clearly you understood, though, as you stated "I don't play ranked though," thus you are just arguing for the sake of it. My post is clear and will remain untouched. See you around the forums, bud.

it wasn't clear 'cause it wasn't in your original post until you edited it in later, most likely after Dusktildawn48 read your post and replied

but your post is clearly untouched tho so whatevs

Fireblend

Banned
I've put 16 hours into this game so far (been playing mostly alone, I played with my brother a couple of rounds and then some others with a Steam friend) and wow, it's so damn good and fun and it feels so great to feel like you're being useful to your team.

I don't know if it's because my reference point is Hearthstone, which has the most vitriolic community in gaming, but so far the RL community strikes me as friendly and welcoming. Even when I play with people clearly better than myself they are always using emotes in a non-ironic or hostile way, even to congratulate the other team, doing team strats, agreeing to rematches, etc. I've had like 3 negative experiences and I hit my 100th game earlier.

v1lla21

I've put 16 hours into this game so far (been playing mostly alone, I played with my brother a couple of rounds and then some others with a Steam friend) and wow, it's so damn good and fun and it feels so great to feel like you're being useful to your team.

I don't know if it's because my reference point is Hearthstone, which has the most vitriolic community in gaming, but so far the RL community strikes me as friendly and welcoming. Even when I play with people clearly better than myself they are always using emotes in a non-ironic or hostile way, even to congratulate the other team, doing team strats, agreeing to rematches, etc. I've had like 3 negative experiences and I hit my 100th game earlier.
Lol wait until you play more. You get called all the names in the book and may even receive hate mail.

AcridMeat

Banned

How can that be when all you can do is like 4 emotes to each other? League of Legends, Dota and Counter Strike are so much more terrible.

Bollocks

Lol wait until you play more. You get called all the names in the book and may even receive hate mail.

close to 1800 games and I never had that happen to me, I made my fair share of mistakes but a simple Sorry! always got me either a No Problem or no response. Never made someone the effort to manually type something insulting?!

Dispatch

close to 1800 games and I never had that happen to me, I made my fair share of mistakes but a simple Sorry! always got me either a No Problem or no response. Never made someone the effort to manually type something insulting?!

That's very fortunate of you. I've been called names even after apologizing for my many, many mistakes. I'm not very good at aerials, for example, though I enjoy the game immensely, and I've played a ton of games (I'm an "Expert".).

My favorite moments are being called names ("trash" is a common one, but sexual slurs, and typical profane names are common, too), and then in the next game being praised for being a "good player" or "good teammate". It's maddening.

And, yet, I love the game and can't stop playing. :)

Reedirect

Just had a 3v3 game where some dumbass criticized me and the other teammate after the other team scored two goals. Without his help, we turned it around to 3:2 and he still kept complaining about us being a "useless team".

I can almost understand someone venting when we have an unlucky game or really play shitty, but this? People like this make me hate the RL community.

Pepiope

Just had a 3v3 game where some dumbass criticized me and the other teammate after the other team scored two goals. Without his help, we turned it around to 3:2 and he still kept complaining about us being a "useless team".

I can almost understand someone venting when we have an unlucky game or really play shitty, but this? People like this make me hate the RL community.
Yeah. I hate those teammates who pout like hell when the score is 1-0. Even worse is when those guys that pout are the reason we gave up a goal to begin with.

KanameYuuki

Switching boost to R1 has improved the way I play so much, I should have done this earlier, I still press Circle from time to time because of how much I'm used to it.

vixlar

I had a game yesterday where we were winning 5-3, on 15 seconds left, they scored their fourth goal. I thought we had the game. On the kickoff, the ball went to an impossible angle for the goalkeeper. Extra time. We lost the game at the end. But it was a fantastic game.

By the way, this game is great when the three in the team are friends. I'm having a blast playing with my friends.

I've cobbled together my personal Rocket League highlights from 2015 in somewhat of a chronological order. I'm not a great player by any means, normally hovering around silver 1 in doubles and 3s so you won't find some of the crazy goals I've seen a lot of gaffers post in here but I hopefully someone will find these videos entertaining. I've included lucky goals, lucky deflections, unlucky deflections, saves, assists and some miscellaneous clips. Here's to another year of Rocket League, the most fun game I've played in a long, long time. Happy new year, RocketGaf!

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Disclaimer: My editing skills are non existent :)

J. Bravo

Almost 1200+ in 2s and both 3s. I guess I have to be happy with this since Plat will never happen.
When do you play lol. I never see you on. I feel like you and I could get plat. I'm finally 850. Only a matter of time lol

I was playing ranked duel last night and a guy who was beating me 6-3 quit with 10 seconds left. Lol.

That happened to me one time. Only this guy quit because I came back from like 4-1 to lead him by 1, but then he got two bullshit kickoff goals in a row with like 3 seconds left. So he quit I guess he felt I deserved to win lol.

Pepiope

When do you play lol. I never see you on. I feel like you and I could get plat. I'm finally 850. Only a matter of time lol

That happened to me one time. Only this guy quit because I came back from like 4-1 to lead him by 1, but then he got two bullshit kickoff goals in a row with like 3 seconds left. So he quit I guess he felt I deserved to win lol.
I think I've seen you get on as I was signing off like 3 or 4 times in the past week or so lol.

Last few days I've been playing black ops 3 though. I'll be back on RL soon enough.

v1lla21

I'd like to wish my Rocket League fam a happy new year! It's not the new year here yet but I probably won't be back after. Lol. 1v1 me m8s

My ping in this game has sucked when playing online for the last like month. Live on east coast, playing in east, what the fuck?

edit: Just played 4 games, and my pint won't go under 100. I love this game but the game is not playable with a ping like that. Seriously annoying.

edit2: God dammit, and playing season sucks b/c the AI teammates are so god damn stupid. This is so frustrating.

Instro

Picked this up on PC a few days ago, seems like a lot of fun so far. Definitely can eat up some time if you are not paying attention though lol.

Noaloha

It isn't highlighted as such in big banners, but I think RL won 'best PC game' (as a PC site, aka 'best game') for RockPaperShotgun.

Trace

Banned
I do hope they reset the season eventually. Got to Gold 3 today in doubles, and the prospect of a 600 point grind between that and Platinum is kind of a turn off.

KanameYuuki

When do you guys use the tracking ball camera? I never use it because It feels so unnatural but I think I'm a weirdo for not ever switching to it, like I'm the only one and that I could improved if I used it.

Pepiope

When do you guys use the tracking ball camera? I never use it because It feels so unnatural but I think I'm a weirdo for not ever switching to it, like I'm the only one and that I could improved if I used it.
Ball cam is usually on by default unless I'm looking for boost or looking for an opponent.

Trace

Banned

I don't actually know if it's possible to play the game at a high level without ball cam on the majority of the time TBH.

zma1013

What happened to the mutator Playlist? Did they replace it with Snow Day? Is there any way to play with other people with mutators?

Snow day should definitely be part of the mutator list going forward. And they should definitely have that arena in all of the regular rotation lists

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Ball cam 98% of the time. I only turn it off when going for a boost or back to the goal to defend, and then only for a second to get my heading. Other than that I want to know where the ball is at all times.

dawid

Snow day should definitely be part of the mutator list going forward. And they should definitely have that arena in all of the regular rotation lists

As long as it's not mandatory. Its a fun freaky circus-thing, but not something i would want to play on the regular ladder.

Been having a rough few days. Dropped over 100 points in Standard (S3 to S2) and going 50/50 in Solo Standard (B3). Some of those are definitely my faults (and tiring myself by being stubborn), but man, everyone was making mistakes that lead to goals. I even had teammates who were paired up, and they still ran into eachother chasing the same ball. That's not even counting the semi-pros that are legit semi-pros tearing things up. Sheesh.

Somehow, I still managed to have one of the most fun matches I've had in RL. I don't know exactly why it stood out to me, I wasn't even MVP and missed balls, but overall, the back and forth pressure and the overall quality was good (at least, imo). Saved that replay: https://youtu.be/0UyJ_fVElH8

Alright, I'm gonna give the game a bit of a rest. I can only take so much disappointment.

KanameYuuki

So people tend to take it personal when there is a blow up and then get really salty to the point they forget about the game and start hunting everyone, its like the higher level and matchmaking the more bad sports are there, I was expecting more GGs and so on but all I see more often are name calling for everything, I would have know when there is more investment people get really personal about it.
(I'm not really into and used to online PvP but this game is that good)

FaceTurn

Bought the game on steam sale and having an absolute blast playing unranked. I'm level 18 now so I decided to try out ranked but the search is telling me there are only <1000 for solo standard playlist as compared to about >8000 for unranked standard. Do not that many people play ranked? I'm also searching in all regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom