• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

just realized what solo standard ranked is. should have started with that but i'm already Silver II in standard so i might as well go for that gold crown.

Ended up fixing my really specific stuttering issue by just reinstalling my graphics driver, should have known something was up with them when my computer was failing to pick up my monitor as a speaker source.

And today I learned that the air roll button exists, it only took me 70 hours to figure out that those crazy freestyling videos I was seeing were pulled off with an entirely separate degree of rotation. That makes sense.

Ardenyal

I was gold in 3v3 standard, solo standard and doubles before the ranking point patch, ever since then ive only been slowly losing points. Now I was 2 points from gold in 3v3 standard. Tried to get a few games going and I lose them all thanks to braindead ballchasing teammates who ragequit after being 2 goals down. Wish I was good enough to solo carry but I'm not :/

v1lla21

Yeah I haven't been playing much either. My rank has been going down because everytime I start going on a 3+ losing streak I'll stop and I keep doing it everyday :( I was almost at gold two on 2v2 and both 3v3s and almost all 3 are close to silver 2 now :(

Hasney

The rank salt is too good.

How can you get this mad at cars playing soccer?

sePBtYf.jpg

Always nice to meet a fan

Kaz42

Jeez that's harsh. The worst I see is "uninstall the game ur so bad" bs.I guess that's one benefit to ps4, that people don't have the time to type out to much trash talk due to it taking so damn long to type using a controller.

Soulflarz

Banned
Does this run as a potato on an intel 4600? Asking for a friend

Also: in potato quality, is it even possible to do okay in RL, id assume it's hell?

Are you referring to the assholes in chat or are you one of the assholes I'm chat? Not everyone can be amazing at the game, dude.

I basically never say anything in the chat. Even if my teammates are complete idiots. I don't care if they're amazing. I don't care if they miss shots. I do care that they're terrible and talk shit too. If it's not the opponents saying "get lynched nigger faggot", it's my teammates being dicks while simultaneously being the worst.

If anonymously verbalizing that people who've put literally hundreds of hours into the game should not be completely incompetent is being an asshole then I really don't fucking care. Ignore me if you don't want to see it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I basically never say anything in the chat. Even if my teammates are complete idiots. I don't care if they're amazing. I don't care if they miss shots. I do care that they're terrible and talk shit too. If it's not the opponents saying "get lynched nigger faggot", it's my teammates being dicks while simultaneously being the worst.

If anonymously verbalizing that people who've put literally hundreds of hours into the game should not be completely incompetent is being an asshole then I really don't fucking care. Ignore me if you don't want to see it.
Ok.

It's just that the only people that really annoy me in Rocket League are the dicks that insult people in chat. Whether they're the top players or the bad ones, I can't stand it. I would rather play with a shit player that's nice than the top player in the world that talks shit to other people in chat. Win or lose I'm going to have fun playing Rocket League.....unless you've got someone in the game creating a toxic atmosphere.

woztty.png

the community is lovely at times. this was one day after the attacks.

I've posted this before, but it's basically variations of this nearly every night for me. And like I mentioned, I barely say anything that isn't quick chatting teammates. Even one-off dumb people would just be brushed off, but the constant stream is kind of crazy.
T7oeFEj.png

yw5GzKm.png

pT34gHQ.png

ive been lucky in that it doesn't happen all that often. just when it rains it pours

Me and one of my buddies in particular seem to run into it the most out of our group. I don't know what it is but it definitely comes out around us. Eventually I just end up muting the chat completely. Though it is funny seeing people sit around and knowing they're typing something you'll just never see. Especially if I miss a save then I have to guess which side is going to sit and type something up first.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I get annoyed with what people type in the PS4 version. I don't know if I'd be able to survive the PC version with how easy it is for people to type. I should probably consider myself lucky.

Finalow

matchmaking is cross-platform isn't it. so it should be the same whether you're playing on PS4 or PC, if the game does that properly.

J. Bravo

im good for doubles plat runs since I'm good but lower ranked so we play idiots. except when we play pros. lol.

and my buddy and i entered in an ESL doubles ladder. played 2 matches yesterday, swept both (bo3). way easier than i thought it'd be lol.

edit: literally by winning 2 matches we're ranked 15th haha. too bad you dont get titles for doubles :(

Kaz42

What is going on tonight? First I can't see any pc players names and now I there's two cars in my main menu even though I'm not paired up with anyone. And I still cant see pc players names no matter where I go.

and now my text chat doesn't work

the entire opposite team left and it just got filled w/ ai's rather than forfeiting the match. I'm so confused

I've posted this before, but it's basically variations of this nearly every night for me. And like I mentioned, I barely say anything that isn't quick chatting teammates. Even one-off dumb people would just be brushed off, but the constant stream is kind of crazy.
T7oeFEj.png

yw5GzKm.png

pT34gHQ.png

I've seen a few annoying people in the game, but nothing this bad.

Hasney

Luckily, the report feature is coming in the next patch I believe. Hopefully will flat out ban people.

One of the hot topics lately, has been your desire to report inappropriate activity that occurs during matches, in addition to our recently-announced (and soon-to-be-released) update for Rocket League. Here's info on both topics:

Report System Functionality: We want your Rocket League playing experience to be fun at all times, but if you find someone messing it up by griefing, intimidating, or harassing you with malicious or offensive behavior, we want to help make that better. If you weren't already aware, players already have a few options at their disposal:

Players can disable communication (text and audio) with a specific player by selecting their names in the "Muting" menu. Players can disable text and audio chat from the entire opposing team (or completely) by pausing the game and moving into the Audio menu.

If you're a PS4 player, you have the added option of using PlayStation's "Block and Grief Reporting" system as part of a system feature, located in the "Friends" menu, under the "Player's Met" tab.

In addition to those options, we'd like to implement a dedicated system to counteract some of the worst behavior. We are currently investigating the construction of an in-game reporting tool that would, essentially, grab the dialog text from an apparently-toxic player and send it to Psyonix for monitoring. This system would take time to implement, though, so we appreciate your patience as we work it all out.

First patch news: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3xeejh/rocket_league_news_dec_18_2015_ranked_rejoin/

High framrate without tweaking too! Ranked Rejoin will be pretty good if your connection fucks up.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
High framrate without tweaking too! Ranked Rejoin will be pretty good if your connection fucks up.

What they need to do it refill empty slots in ranked.

Obviously people don't want to be chucked into a losing game, so late joiners should get points if they win, but no loss if they lose. Alternatively if a teammate drops out, you shouldn't lose points.

The number of times in the first 30-60s we've gone down a goal and a teammate quits out, leaving 1 1v2 or 2v3 for the next 4+ minutes is bullshit.

They also need make forfeit a majority vote, for when you get the troll players on your team scoring own goals etc, they obviously not gonna vote yes and you end up stuck in a game with them for 5 minutes.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
If they made forfeit a majority vote that would piss me off so much. People give up too easily. I don't want a game to end just because both my teammates voted to forfeit after a couple goals.

Hasney

If they made forfeit a majority vote that would piss me off so much. People give up too easily. I don't want a game to end just because both my teammates voted to forfeit after a couple goals.

Yeah, the current system works. Don't want to lose 5 minutes of your precious time? Take your ban.

Really don't want to get put into matches in progress either. It's one of the main draws for ranked for me.

PSY・S;192532784 said:
people who can't defend are always the downfall of a team

so many blockable goals given to the other team

Yup. Most goals aren't due to opposing team skill or some amazing play. It's usually no one covering the goal (crap rotation) or the player covering the goal whiffs on the clear or easy save. The team that makes the fewest mistakes usually wins.

Pepiope

Yup. Most goals aren't due to opposing team skill or some amazing play. It's usually no one covering the goal (crap rotation) or the player covering the goal whiffs on the clear or easy save. The team that makes the fewest mistakes usually wins.
The game gets so much better when you get to a point where most goals are due to team skill and amazing plays.

Why are there so many jerks online? Like, when someone scores a goal sometimes they'll say something super petty like "gg :)" and if someone screws up they'll say "fu ____", and when the games a blow out someone might say " that was easy". It just results in a really toxic and negative atmosphere. I guess it's just the result of the general video game audience being mostly teenage males, who are into that hyper competitive shit talk stuff

Yeah, the current system works. Don't want to lose 5 minutes of your precious time? Take your ban.

Really don't want to get put into matches in progress either. It's one of the main draws for ranked for me.

Do you not think their needs be something in place when a 3v3 turns into a 3v2, or 3v1? Should be able to ditch that shit without penalty, it is just a waste of time and shouldn't be expected to play in an unfair match. And a ban is time wasted too, that is a total non answer to the problem.

Soulflarz

Banned

This is called the 300s. You need to make sure you don't do these errors ever.
So that you can hit:

The game gets so much better when you get to a point where most goals are due to team skill and amazing plays.
Which is so so satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom