• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted this before, but it's basically variations of this nearly every night for me. And like I mentioned, I barely say anything that isn't quick chatting teammates. Even one-off dumb people would just be brushed off, but the constant stream is kind of crazy.
T7oeFEj.png

yw5GzKm.png

pT34gHQ.png

guess I'm glad I got this on PS4...geez

rafaelr

Do you not think their needs be something in place when a 3v3 turns into a 3v2, or 3v1? Should be able to ditch that shit without penalty, it is just a waste of time and shouldn't be expected to play in an unfair match. And a ban is time wasted too, that is a total non answer to the problem.

îirc, only the first player to quit gets penalized? so you should be able to leave and join another game without losing anything.

Hasney

Do you not think their needs be something in place when a 3v3 turns into a 3v2, or 3v1? Should be able to ditch that shit without penalty, it is just a waste of time and shouldn't be expected to play in an unfair match. And a ban is time wasted too, that is a total non answer to the problem.

If someone leaves, there are no penalties for anyone else who leaves.

I just imported 240+ Share clips to my computer to comb through and make my highlight video. This will be fun...

Don't know what to say then. I do it at least twice a day because of peoples connection/ragequit issues and not had a ban yet.

Same here. Matter of fact, here's a tip:

If you're in the kickoff and it's "searching" for a teammate for you, you know you aren't getting one. So when you get into a match like that you can leave without penalty, too. I'm not gonna wait the additional 5 seconds :p

Dr Prob

Banned
Seen a lot of people timing out (looks like they're idling, but from their point of view they're moving around and everyone else is just driving in circles) off and on over the past few days. So if someone complains about lag, it may actually be true!

Here's some GAF-exclusive MLG moves to get you through the day:

jKVlWy7.gif

Wok

Eh, it's about the same as getting a shit player. Not much can be done :(

Speaking of which, after reading the OP, I think there are 2 moves that I forget to use to their full extent:
- holding the jump button to jump higher (I forgot about that one),
- dodging (which I only use to shoot).

One day I will get out of unranked. I've played like 300 games but cant improve. This is why I don't play many online games, everyone is so goddamn good and the standard for even being "decent" is like, god level for me lol.

It will come eventually. One day you'll be scoring aerials and the other players will be like "Wow!" Seriously. For now, just focus on good positioning and rotations. And good solid hits on the ball, directing it where your opponents aren't.

One tip that's helped me is to practice 1v1 against bots but without using boost. Will help you hit the ball smarter instead of harder.

lord pie

I love this game. :)
I wish they would add 3D TV support. It feels like the perfect game for it.

A little clip: This game was a total cluster****, but it did have a memorable ending:
http://realtime.lighting/dump/rl.mp4

Other day had a game go 13 minutes overtime in public 3's. I won it with a long shot aerial, had a tonne of saves too. Good times :)

dickroach

I've had this game for almost 2 weeks now. Totally been playing every day and still loving it. Think I'm at level 23 at this point. I watched a bunch of videos of top ranked players earlier and I think it really helped. Not trying to rush the ball non-stop, knowing when to switch between cameras, when to dip out and grab some boost real quick.... Still have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to flying, and I fuck up those barrel roll shots constantly.
4v4s annoying, 2v2 always seems really lopsided, 1v1 is really cool. Definitely sticking to standard tho

One day I will get out of unranked. I've played like 300 games but cant improve. This is why I don't play many online games, everyone is so goddamn good and the standard for even being "decent" is like, god level for me lol.

watching a couple of these Skill School videos helped me out greatly. I didn't even realize the game had an non-online mode till last night somehow.

edit: now that I've gotten decent with camera control, I've been getting a decent amount of shots from off of the cage in. feels sweet.

So I start a match and a guy on my team immediately starts playing for the other team. My other teammate quits but I finish it out and lose 8 points. Very next match I go up against the same exact team and a guy on my team immediately quits. I win the match 3v2 by 4-2 and gain 7 points.

Like, I'm sure there's some explanation why this isn't bullshit but, in a real world scenario, this is complete bullshit. It puts such a damper on trying to win in ranked because what's even the point. I lose 8 points because my teammate is a dick then play my ass off to win 3v2 and can't even recoup those points? Fuck off.

Started getting in to the game during a season run against he computer.

I am doing much better when it comes to waiting on the ball to come more to you and my defence.

I tried the Jump/boost flying training but I just can't seem to make much of an impact unless I want to jump long distances but not very high.

All my friends have Xbox Ones, so would be thrown together with a team of unknowns. Worried I wouldn't be good enough yet

Started getting in to the game during a season run against he computer.

I am doing much better when it comes to waiting on the ball to come more to you and my defence.

I tried the Jump/boost flying training but I just can't seem to make much of an impact unless I want to jump long distances but not very high.

All my friends have Xbox Ones, so would be thrown together with a team of unknowns. Worried I wouldn't be good enough yet

One tip for aerials is if you press jump and boost at the same time you fly sooner/faster. It's a little harder to control but it's definitely more immediate. So if you're trying to go straight up for a block or shot, it's a good way to get there quick (as opposed to just jumping then boosting).

So I start a match and a guy on my team immediately starts playing for the other team. My other teammate quits but I finish it out and lose 8 points. Very next match I go up against the same exact team and a guy on my team immediately quits. I win the match 3v2 by 4-2 and gain 7 points.

Like, I'm sure there's some explanation why this isn't bullshit but, in a real world scenario, this is complete bullshit. It puts such a damper on trying to win in ranked because what's even the point. I lose 8 points because my teammate is a dick then play my ass off to win 3v2 and can't even recoup those points? Fuck off.

I really think in general the number of points you lose in ranked should be smaller.

Soulflarz

Banned
One tip for aerials is if you press jump and boost at the same time you fly sooner/faster. It's a little harder to control but it's definitely more immediate. So if you're trying to go straight up for a block or shot, it's a good way to get there quick (as opposed to just jumping then boosting).

Yeah but if you're learning aerials it's probably just better to learn them the traditional way?

Soulflarz

Banned
what's the traditional way / best way to learn?

How I did it was:

Went into training for 1.5/2ish hours, learned the basic idea of gaining air/hitting it head on

Then honing that for 2884 hours in ranked
:V

(and don't care about losing- I was stuck in 300s as I learned but once I nailed them I basically instantly shot to 600)

Also unsure why people have trouble, I was aerialing in 3 weeks of lazy play
:3

ghost99

Banned
so the last thing i need to plat the game is to play with a friend. no one on my list ever plays anymore, if someone wants to help me get the trophy that would be great, psn is bucyou55

so the last thing i need to plat the game is to play with a friend. no one on my list ever plays anymore, if someone wants to help me get the trophy that would be great, psn is bucyou55

My PSN is FaerieGodfather, if you see me online when I get home from work (probably around 11), feel free to send me a request if you still need it!

dickroach

Then honing that for 2884 hours in ranked
:V

-____________-

I'm getting better at hitting airballs just for the sake of hitting them cuz it feels cool, but I'm prob a few dozen hours away from being able to nail a shot

edit: when people call "defending" and then leave the goal by a wide margin like 2 seconds after the faceoff. ugh.

Soulflarz

Banned
-____________-

I'm getting better at hitting airballs just for the sake of hitting them cuz it feels cool, but I'm prob a few dozen hours away from being able to nail a shot

edit: when people call "defending" and then leave the goal by a wide margin like 2 seconds after the faceoff. ugh.

Defending="You go up"

And eh, I probably only have ~160ish hours on it

Now, in 3v3, one can get a corner boost. In 2v2, it drives me insane when the back guy does- never do this in 2v2.

Played some hockey against a couple of bozos tonight.

After we went up 1-0: "i'll kill your family"
Few seconds later, up 2-0: "score one more goal and i'll kill them"

Up 3-0 before the 4:00 mark and all 3 of them quit.

What a bunch of goons. Feels so good putting someone like that in their place.

The big boosts in the corners have caused more goals than player skill ever will.

Last night I got teamed with a dude that spent the whole match going against us. Not the usual dude that loses it after a quick disadvantage and goes turncoat. A proper griefer that did everything he could to make us lose from the beginning. Setting up shots for the opposite team, messing up our own shots towards the goal. Ah the joys of solo q.

dickroach

sexy.
the past couple days I've gotten pretty good at passing it to myself by hooking it around the corner of the cage up above the goal, and then tipping it in with a barrel roll once it drops. that's fun.

I'm at level 23 and I've legitimately only had one match where the other team was doing immature shit talking. I also never have voice chat on cuz I don't have a headset. thinking about getting one, seeing as I'm planning on being the best Rocket League player in the universe by the end of the year.

Wok

-____________-

I never know whether calling "defending" means that you want other people to defend, or that you say to others that you are going to defend.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Are you not worried that they quit to go find out where you live and kill your family? The guy sounds pretty smart.

Man I dunno, went on another losing streak today in unranked. And I was so close to getting to bronze. The grind to getting good just isn't worth it for me since, at least for me, it takes waaay too damn long. I guess competitive stuff just isn't for me. I might just stick to that hockey mode or something lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom