• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Any game where you can singlehandedly lose a game for your team is often going to be full of hate. But, I've actually been having some pretty good matches the last couple of days with some cool guys, so that's been refreshing..

I still don't understand the utter wankiness of people. I have a little swear to myself, but there's no point using the chat to be a dick. If someone isn't that good or made one mistake, is being the biggest cunt possible going to make them suddenly good?

GeeTeeCee

I still don't understand the utter wankiness of people. I have a little swear to myself, but there's no point using the chat to be a dick. If someone isn't that good or made one mistake, is being the biggest cunt possible going to make them suddenly good?

Hopefully once the in-game report option arrives (this month?) you'll see people start to simmer down. Most people are probably acting like shits because they know they can get away with it at the moment. While I posted yesterday complaining about the standard of play, I would never take my frustrations out on other people in the game, and I can't understand people who do. They're usually the ones who are at the bottom of the scoreboards each and every time.

Edit: while I know PS4 has its own in built reporting system, I have no idea how effective it is with regards to Rocket League, and I doubt many people use it.

Soulflarz

Banned

Tbh, it makes them worse
People intentionally lose, mess up, waste time being mad at you, etc.

I prefer to give advice if they're like notably doing something off. If they're just missing touches, they're still learning, not much to say!

Miss a save that bounces off the roof going backwards with 10 seconds left up 4-2, teammate bros, wows, what a saves, tells me I fail for the remaining of the match. Then proceeds to tell everyone to stay humble after the match and not quit.

My face :|

Even when I win I don't like my teammates.

But hey, I'll take the winning.

Been playing a lot of ranked ones just to get better at goalie and ball handling. Not caring if I win or lose at all. One on one can be frustrating but the ability it gives you to outplay an opponent with ball control is amazing. Shows you how deep this game can be.

zma1013

I can't get the Stocked trophy to unlock on PS4. I seem to have all items except for Sweet Tooth and I thought I did everything need to get him so what's the deal here? Nothing else is unlocking now after I beat games. I have all other trophies.

Kaz42

I can't get the Stocked trophy to unlock on PS4. I seem to have all items except for Sweet Tooth and I thought I did everything need to get him so what's the deal here? Nothing else is unlocking now after I beat games. I have all other trophies.

Do you have a win with each car? That's how you unlock sweet tooth.

I actually want a Silver crown...

I don't use toppers cause most of them look goofy but the silver crown is simple and a natural color. I absolutely despise the color gold and platinum is way way out of reach.

Not to say I ever got to gold anyway though..

Unicorn

I actually want a Silver crown...

I don't use toppers cause most of them look goofy but the silver crown is simple and a natural color. I absolutely despise the color gold and platinum is way way out of reach.

Not to say I ever got to gold anyway though..

should get all of the crowns up to the rank you got, so gold can get gold, silver, and bronze.

Are there images of all the crowns? Are they just different colors, or are the models distinctly different?

should get all of the crowns up to the rank you got, so gold can get gold, silver, and bronze.

Are there images of all the crowns? Are they just different colors, or are the models distinctly different?

DV0Ajgt.jpg

Crown.jpg

I'm wondering since they are changing the division in season 2 if there will be a different set of crowns or some other topper altogether.

Pepiope

It's not just the grind plat is for only the top 100 players in every division. You can't just get out of Gold 3 without unseating some other plat player.
Which is a struggle if you aren't playing constantly. The score will just keep rising the longer it takes you. That's why Ive given up the plat dream.

zma1013

Do you have a win with each car? That's how you unlock sweet tooth.

It turns out after much scouring of the internets, that since I had already won once with every car before they fixed the trophy that those wins didn't count so I had to win with them again and I got.

J. Bravo

I literally cannot win in solo doubles with the mmr I currently have. the teams I face are all gold 2 or higher and while I can compete at that level, a lot of the time my teammate cannot. its frustrating.

why'd u carry me to such great heights pepiope???

Mimosa97

I'm tired of randoms :(

I'm only a " pro " and not that good ( I have like a 200 score in doubles and that's almost all I play). When I just started playing the game I had 2 friends to play with but I didn't know what I was doing and now that I'm decent I have no one to play with anymore :(

PS : Is there a downside to forfeiting when you're losing a game by a wide margin ? From my own understand you lose significantly less points when you forfeit than when you stay in game until it's over.

Pepiope

They realized it was such an impossible goal that it's being opened up in the new set of ranks. There will still be a top 100 leaderboard to shoot for but there is no hard ap on the number of players that coukd be that rank.
Yeah, while I can get to the highest level, I will still want that top 100 Lol. St least I can stop worrying about the point.

I literally cannot win in solo doubles with the mmr I currently have. the teams I face are all gold 2 or higher and while I can compete at that level, a lot of the time my teammate cannot. its frustrating.

why'd u carry me to such great heights pepiope???
You can beat those guys! Believe in your car! lol

We need to play some more, I need another week streak with #TeamGaf

dickroach

how about unranked players

I'm down. think I'm level 26 or 27? been playing (practicing?) an hour or two every night for the most part.

finally starting to get aerial shots down. only took forever. watching some Gibbs matches on youtube helped me figure out the timing better.

FaceTurn

I'm down. think I'm level 26 or 27? been playing (practicing?) an hour or two every night for the most part.

finally starting to get aerial shots down. only took forever. watching some Gibbs matches on youtube helped me figure out the timing better.

Sounds just like me. I can set up shots pretty easy but just don't ask me to be goalie ever.

Dreavus

Just wanted to pop into this thread with some quick impressions.

We played this last night 4 player local (2v2 humans, with one CPU each to make it 3v3). The game was a ton of fun and had lots of great moments, and I can definitely see the potential for someone to be SUPER GOOD at it (although we weren't, of course). So many near misses, undershooting, or overshooting happening constantly, but I could tell that was mostly due to inexperience. The bots were actually quite decent and were the only team members good at being goalie, since the four of us were almost universally bad at defending our own nets, lol.

For something so simple it had us hooked for over an hour with no one really realizing the time going by. Might have to jump into online sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom