• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLiberty

Just bought a ps4 today and of course I downloaded RL asap.

After 5 months of daily play on Battle cars, my first two online matches ended up with 14 goals scored (7-0, 8-1)

I definitely need to practice though as it feels slightly different SARBC for when I'll encounter higher level players.
I've played two matches with All stars bots and got my ass handed back to me...

J. Bravo

flipsid3's series against spectral in gfinity yesterday was intense. game 7 was cray cray
gladbron.png
ooh.png
mindblown.png

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
my game wont start anymore. it hangs on the first screen. PS4.
anyone else had this?
Other games are fine.

edit: Uh, PSN seems down?

Salsa

played a game with randoms, 2v2 Gold II

dude im playing with fucks up twice. apologizes. I say no problem.

then I miss a save on a good shot by them. Type "Nice Shot!" other team "thanks!". all good

then suddenly the guy im playing with starts mocking missed shots with no real effect to the game, like airs and whatnot

I type up "why the need to suddenly turn into a dick when you fucked up like 3 times and I said nothing"

he replies "look at the scoreboard faggot"

long story short it turned into a conversation on why he suddenly needs to be a fucking dick for being 200 points ahead on the scoreboard and piss off the other teammate when he started the game by fucking up twice which is what ended up making them win

like why. how does antagonizing your teammate help you in any way. playing ranked.

dude had no answer other than "you're playing horrible"

don't think ive encountered a 180 like that yet. dude seemed totally fine

turned me off playing the game for a few hours. shit's getting tiring. are there changes coming? a report function or something?

seriously. I keep going up and the people keep getting worse. it's a damn shame cause it's very easy for this game to get on your nerves

Soulflarz

Banned
scoreboards don't mean anything in this game

well, sort of.
If you teammate did NOTHING, yeah, but if you both did your part, I don't care what the score reads.

Worst counterargument if the score difference isn't like 1200 to 200.

played a game with randoms, 2v2 Gold II

dude im playing with fucks up twice. apologizes. I say no problem.

then I miss a save on a good shot by them. Type "Nice Shot!" other team "thanks!". all good

then suddenly the guy im playing with starts mocking missed shots with no real effect to the game, like airs and whatnot

I type up "why the need to suddenly turn into a dick when you fucked up like 3 times and I said nothing"

he replies "look at the scoreboard faggot"

long story short it turned into a conversation on why he suddenly needs to be a fucking dick for being 200 points ahead on the scoreboard and piss off the other teammate when he started the game by fucking up twice which is what ended up making them win

like why. how does antagonizing your teammate help you in any way. playing ranked.

dude had no answer other than "you're playing horrible"

don't think ive encountered a 180 like that yet. dude seemed totally fine

turned me off playing the game for a few hours. shit's getting tiring. are there changes coming? a report function or something?

seriously. I keep going up and the people keep getting worse. it's a damn shame cause it's very easy for this game to get on your nerves

Ive had several the other way. Bork an aerial/misread an odd bounce clear, get scored on and its abusive bullshit, but then I do some decent magic for hat trick and get MVP and they can't stop praising. I'm like "did you hand off the controller?"

Yeah, I love it when some salty bastard gives you shit when you make a crap play in the opening minute (it happens to the best of us) and then you proceed to kick butt the rest of the match. They do a complete 180 and start kissing your ass.

I learned a long time ago not to say anything unless it's positive, and even then sometimes that's going too far, i.e. congratulating the other team on a nice shot and one of your teammates mistakes it as you mocking them.

What the dicks need to do is what the rest of us non-dicks all do: complain about how crappy/salty our teammates and opponents are here instead of in-game.

Dr Prob

Banned
Down a goal with time running out, got a good bounce:

1XLcOid.gif

Just had one of those situations in ranked where you end up playing the same people over and over. There was one disruptive troll guy constantly shit-talking despite being on the losing side every time (not a coincidence!). Towards the end everyone - including his teammates for the game - was giving him the business. Ideally you wouldn't have to deal with that stuff, but this particular situation was just funny as hell. Like the Rocket League equivalent of "boo this man!"

Anyone want to play ranked 2v2 tomorrow? Or sometime soon? I need a partner to play with.

Preferably someone either lower ranked or who doesn't really care much about their rank.

My RL friend hasn't been playing lately so I haven't been playing much of anything but Solo Standard. I miss 2v2 though.

I don't do unranked because people leaving and joining over and over again infuriates me.

Dr Prob

Banned
What do you use for your gifs? Gifcam has been pretty mediocre.

Still using Jasc Animation Shop.

- Open the clip in a video editor. Edit it down, fix the looping and stuff until I have the finished gif.
- Render it as a bunch of gif-sized images.
- Open those in Jasc.

Sorry if that's not helpful at all. If I'm not mistaken you can have GifCam spit out an avi instead of a gif - you could start working with that - but I don't know how stable it is.

dot

Anyone want to play ranked 2v2 tomorrow? Or sometime soon? I need a partner to play with.

Preferably someone either lower ranked or who doesn't really care much about their rank.

My RL friend hasn't been playing lately so I haven't been playing much of anything but Solo Standard. I miss 2v2 though.

I don't do unranked because people leaving and joining over and over again infuriates me.

how low rank are we talking

Trophy whore question.

Doest the "unlock all the stuff" trophy include everything that has been added in patches?

And will the upcoming update that I hear is meant to add rarity rankings to the drops mean that trophy is going to become nigh imposable?

Also I am average as hell at this game even after months of play. 1:1 W/L ratio is never going away.

Trophy whore question.

Doest the "unlock all the stuff" trophy include everything that has been added in patches?

And will the upcoming update that I hear is meant to add rarity rankings to the drops mean that trophy is going to become nigh imposable?

I doubt it. Probably just what was in at release.

Each DLC pack has a separate trophy list. You can still get a platinum without purchasing any of them.

Yeah. Plus when you buy DLC they just give you all the stuff so that doesnt count.

I meant just the free stuff they added in updates. Like the Portal cake and fallout vault boy bobbles and who knows what else.

Down a goal with time running out, got a good bounce:

1XLcOid.gif

Just had one of those situations in ranked where you end up playing the same people over and over. There was one disruptive troll guy constantly shit-talking despite being on the losing side every time (not a coincidence!). Towards the end everyone - including his teammates for the game - was giving him the business. Ideally you wouldn't have to deal with that stuff, but this particular situation was just funny as hell. Like the Rocket League equivalent of "boo this man!"

I'm basically a noob, but how do you do that kind of motion in the air? I suppose it's using the brake

Hasney

I'm basically a noob, but how do you do that kind of motion in the air? I suppose it's using the brake

Nah, you can do standard jump flips in the air like double tapping A as well. Just don't double jump before you take off and you can't be boosting for too long either.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Hold jump as you're boosting
I've been playing this game for several hundred hours, AND PEOPLE ARE JUST TELLING ME THIS NOW?!

NaughtyPrawn, I'm about to get a whole lot better. We're gonna tear shit up. Holding two buttons at the same time like that is gonna take some practice though. Might be worth assigning boost to a shoulder button or something. Hmm.

Hasney

I've been playing this game for several hundred hours, AND PEOPLE ARE JUST TELLING ME THIS NOW?!

NaughtyPrawn, I'm about to get a whole lot better. We're gonna tear shit up. Holding two buttons at the same time like that is gonna take some practice though. Might be worth assigning boost to a shoulder button or something. Hmm.

Yeah, since learning that LAST FREAKING WEEK, I've gotten a hold of an XB1 Elite Controller and it makes doing that sooooo much easier.

Kaz42

We could play together if you want. I go from rather decent at the game to not so good at times (which caused my 2's partner to abandon me) and I don't mind it if we lose or not.

You sound like the perfect fit! If you play on steam, my username is the same there as it is here.

If you play on PS4, um, get ready for this one...
xQziCyFLaMeZxQz
#shuletuschangeournames

Or I'll add you there if you don't want to type in that monstrosity.

You add me too dot.

Kaz42

You sound like the perfect fit! If you play on steam, my username is the same there as it is here.

If you play on PS4, um, get ready for this one...
xQziCyFLaMeZxQz
#shuletuschangeournames

Or I'll add you there if you don't want to type in that monstrosity.

You add me too dot.

K, I sent it on psn. I'll be on probably after class today, around 1:30 or 2pm eastern.

Dr Prob

Banned

To expand a little on what others have said, after you single jump you have a little window where you can use a second jump or flip. But if you burn that second move by double jumping at the outset (to get up high fast), or stay up in the air long enough after a single jump that the second move window expires, you then have to manually rotate the car/use the air roll in conjunction with boost in order to hit the right angles/generate momentum. If you're just starting out, getting used to using the air roll can be really helpful - not only for flying around and shit - for just orientating your car in general (off walls, around the net etc.). I like having it on the left trigger but everyone has their own preference.

Anyway, hope some of that made sense.

Unicorn

I think people are meaning to refer to the fact that regular jump makes you go higher if you hold it. Most people tap it so they can quickly barrel roll or flip, but for goalie or launching, holding jump for longer gives you height - and what's new to me is that it supposedly also stretches the timer for second button input to delay rolls or flips a fraction of a second longer now (?)

At least, that's what I'm trying to nail down from fucking around earlier.

Hasney

I think people are meaning to refer to the fact that regular jump makes you go higher if you hold it. Most people tap it so they can quickly barrel roll or flip, but for goalie or launching, holding jump for longer gives you height - and what's new to me is that it supposedly also stretches the timer for second button input to delay rolls or flips a fraction of a second longer now (?)

At least, that's what I'm trying to nail down from fucking around earlier.

Yup, so if you're boosting in that window while the initial jump rises, you hit the height quickly as shown in that gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom