• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiope

PSY・S;194268716 said:
why the heck do i lose the same amount points for losing a 2v3/1v3 game tho

fuck teammates who drop
Some teammates are so bad where you actually are better off without them. Sucks, but just have to deal with it. You may have lost anyway.

The worst scenario is when you're winning and leading your team, but then your game crashes, you get banned for 15 minutes, and you lose points :(

Soulflarz

Banned
Some teammates are so bad where you actually are better off without them. Sucks, but just have to deal with it. You may have lost anyway.

The worst scenario is when you're winning and leading your team, but then your game crashes, you get banned for 15 minutes, and you lose points :(

Crashing? 3 digit hours and my game has never crashed.

And that is true
If your teammate is so bad, a 1v2 or 2v3 is muuuch better than having to think about them and how they affect your rotation and such.

Pepiope

Crashing? 3 digit hours and my game has never crashed.

And that is true
If your teammate is so bad, a 1v2 or 2v3 is muuuch better than having to think about them and how they affect your rotation and such.
Yeah I had a teammate the other day who literally hit every ball he could regardless of if his teammate had the better shot. Gave up two goals cause of him and he rage quit. We played way better in a 2v3 without him but still lost. Eh.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah I had a teammate the other day who literally hit every ball he could regardless of if his teammate had the better shot. Gave up two goals cause of him and he rage quit. We played way better in a 2v3 without him but still lost. Eh.

I swear, who do I contact to have this as a line
"Not every hit is a good hit"

Can they program this into the game?
If you hit it center and it detects your teammate wouldn't have a chance to get it first and your opponent scores, "___ scored"
then on the guy who centered it "Not every hit is a good hit"

Would be obnoxious and probably not easy to implement, but do it guys :V

Oreoleo

PSY・S;194268716 said:
why the heck do i lose the same amount points for losing a 2v3/1v3 game tho

fuck teammates who drop
Win/loss points are calculated at the beginning of a match and aren't recalculated when people drop.

Fortunately the system is being overhauled and there will be a rejoin option for ranked games a week or two from now.

dot

After 200+ hours i finally got Silver rank! :)

CmIw6wn.gif

I swear, who do I contact to have this as a line
"Not every hit is a good hit"

Can they program this into the game?
If you hit it center and it detects your teammate wouldn't have a chance to get it first and your opponent scores, "___ scored"
then on the guy who centered it "Not every hit is a good hit"

Would be obnoxious and probably not easy to implement, but do it guys :V

"Blue object in goal is a teamate with a better angle and momentum to clear than you"

"Orange object between you and the ball is a teammate trying to bank said ball for your shot"

"You are the closest to the goal by a fair margin, do not try to steal the dribble"

Etc, etceter-AH.

Pepiope

I've always liked going to unranked to play more relaxed on the different map types, and then going to ranked for the standard format and play some tougher matches. Having the same maps in both kinda kills that for me.

Not a big deal, just more of a preference.

Soulflarz

Banned
"Blue object in goal is a teamate with a better angle and momentum to clear than you"

"Orange object between you and the ball is a teammate trying to bank said ball for your shot"

"You are the closest to the goal by a fair margin, do not try to steal the dribble"

Etc, etceter-AH.

Negative Reinforcement would be hilarious

I've seen that fricken gif for over 7 years. what the hell is it from?
Dunno but
CmIw6wn.gif

Hasney

For me, I prefer competitive like Street Fighter. Keep the dimensions of the pitch the same and then its just down to the players in the game.

I don't even really like that slightly wider one that got added, let alone the slopes on the sides of Wasteland.

For me, I prefer competitive like Street Fighter. Keep the dimensions of the pitch the same and then its just down to the players in the game.

I don't even really like that slightly wider one that got added, let alone the slopes on the sides of Wasteland.

The pros were really pushing for some variety saying they were bored of playing the same maps over and over and anted something different with a pick ban system. Seems like the devs changed their stance and say the game is more about controlling your car and the physics and that can happen on any map.

Having maps play tested by everyone before they become final is smart. Will be interesting to see how vastly different maps fit in high end competitive games. As long as they don't have random elements like moving platforms or whatever I can't see it hurting competition.

Hasney

The pros were really pushing for some variety saying they were bored of playing the same maps over and over and anted something different with a pick ban system. Seems like the devs changed their stance and say the game is more about controlling your car and the physics and that can happen on any map.

Having maps play tested by everyone before they become final is smart. Will be interesting to see how vastly different maps fit in high end competitive games. As long as they don't have random elements like moving platforms or whatever I can't see it hurting competition.

Fair enough. I'll probably grumble when it comes up and then forget about it when that dirty riff plays after a goal.

They've been pretty good with feedback at least so if the majority don't like it over the pros, I could see it being dropped or an option to turn it off somehow. I stopped playing after 3v3 allowed parties, but they brought Solo Standard back, so it's all good.

EDIT: Wait, does pick ban mean you can just not play it or am I reading that wrong?

Fair enough. I'll probably grumble when it comes up and then forget about it when that dirty riff plays after a goal.

They've been pretty good with feedback at least so if the majority don't like it over the pros, I could see it being dropped or an option to turn it off somehow. I stopped playing after 3v3 allowed parties, but they brought Solo Standard back, so it's all good.

EDIT: Wait, does pick ban mean you can just not play it or am I reading that wrong?
Pick ban is something the pros are talking about in their tournaments. As in teams go back and forth picking/banning maps until they have chosen the amount needed. CSGO tournaments do this. Was not necessary before when things were standard it didn't really matter but with map variety some teams are probably better than others on certain maps.

Hasney

Pick ban is something the pros are talking about in their tournaments. As in teams go back and forth picking/banning maps until they have chosen the amount needed. CSGO tournaments do this. Was not necessary before when things were standard it didn't really matter but with map variety some teams are probably better than others on certain maps.

Ah, that makes sense, it had the tools to do that in the ESL tournaments I was in around launch but obviously not used. Thought you meant something in the game itself for a second there.

Ah, that makes sense, it had the tools to do that in the ESL tournaments I was in around launch but obviously not used. Thought you meant something in the game itself for a second there.
I would like a three map voting system in game though when new maps come out. But I fear people would quit if the vote is for one they hate.

dsk1210

This drives me crazy.

I was playing with a random the other day, we were winning 3-0 and he is shouting at me to do something, but this asshole was going for every single ball, chasing it like a loony and fucking up many opportunity's that I had to shoot.

Dispatch

This drives me crazy.

I was playing with a random the other day, we were winning 3-0 and he is shouting at me to do something, but this asshole was going for every single ball, chasing it like a loony and fucking up many opportunity's that I had to shoot.

This happened to me on the PS4 while playing doubles. The team mate was so obnoxious, I lost my temper and actually used my mic to respond, which I rarely do.

Soulflarz

Banned
Someone from my college thinks they're great and wants to play.
*plays a 1v1 lazily, not aerialing and stuff*
*I lose...3-2, overtime*
*he brags about how hes still great*

So I request a rematch, where all I do is silly aerial goals and such. Constant "what in the hell?!" and stuff, as if it was his first time seeing competent play.

8-0, that shut him up. Straight out of a TV show lol.

Someone from my college thinks they're great and wants to play.
*plays a 1v1 lazily, not aerialing and stuff*
*I lose...3-2, overtime*
*he brags about how hes still great*

So I request a rematch, where all I do is silly aerial goals and such. Constant "what in the hell?!" and stuff, as if it was his first time seeing competent play.

8-0, that shut him up. Straight out of a TV show lol.

Did you spam ~What a save! after every goal you scored?

Prodigal

Banned
Is it weird if I use the ball cam 5% of the time and the other camera 95% of the time? Ever since I started playing I used the other camera because it felt better to me. But now I've read that almost everyone uses the ball cam as their main one. I'd say I'm pretty decent at the game and I just hit level 30 so I've put in quite a bit of time into the game.

I just wonder if somehow I'm at a disadvantage even though I'm used to it.

Pepiope

Is it weird if I use the ball cam 5% of the time and the other camera 95% of the time? Ever since I started playing I used the other camera because it felt better to me. But now I've read that almost everyone uses the ball cam as their main one. I'd say I'm pretty decent at the game and I just hit level 30 so I've put in quite a bit of time into the game.

I'd say you are. Once you get used to the ball cam, shots will be much easier. Those percentages should be reversed honestly.

Ruruja

I used normal cam at the start for a lot of hours, I just couldn't get used to ball cam - especially when I started doing aerials (though I could only do ones where I was facing straight at the ball). Now I use ball cam always except for checking if I'm on line for corner boosts.

I recommend just forcing yourself into ball cam, you'll get used to it eventually and then you'll think "how the hell did I cope with the normal cam?". Keep trying Aerial All-Star training, you'll soon start switching to ball cam for those.

akileese

Man what's the point of choosing regions for solo ranked if it's just going to continuously pop me into EU/AUS. I choose only USE/USW because the ping is a legit problem in 1v1...So what do I get? 7 straight matches against people from EU/AUS, which hurt my ranking pretty bad.

I get that you can't always get what you want region wise, but I'd legit like a box to pop up to say "there are no matches in your region. Keep searching?" That way I don't have to intently stare at the screen to hit cancel furiously before I'm dropped into a match (which screws someone who's probably been waiting in queue for a few minutes since I don't want anymore laggy high ping games).

Sorry I'll stop ranting. This is about the only thing that really grinds me about RL. It's legit my favorite game aside from that, which admittedly will probably prevent me from playing singles until a new season starts.

akileese

wha
I search US
always get US

also shoutout to the lurker who messaged me on psn and said I was their favorite gaf poster
:3

I HAVE NO IDEA! This is legit the first time this has ever happened. IDK if the US pool is shallow tonight on PS4 (I mean, it's always shallow on PS4 but especially so tonight). I'm legitimately quite drunk which is effecting my play, but it'd be nice if the ball wasn't traveling through space time when I try to clear it.

Maybe I need to just switch back to PC for a while since the PS4 pool is shrinking rapidly again.

Hasney

I HAVE NO IDEA! This is legit the first time this has ever happened. IDK if the US pool is shallow tonight on PS4 (I mean, it's always shallow on PS4 but especially so tonight). I'm legitimately quite drunk which is effecting my play, but it'd be nice if the ball wasn't traveling through space time when I try to clear it.

Maybe I need to just switch back to PC for a while since the PS4 pool is shrinking rapidly again.

The game is cross play so no format has a smaller pool than the other. And not sure what's going on then, if I pick a region, I get that region based on the server name I connect to. Even if it takes a while it never seems to dump me somewhere I haven't selected. Are you sure on the location based on the server name? Remember that if you opponent is from Aus, they can still connect to IS server and fuck up the ping.

Bollocks

Lol usesless rant but who the fuck decides to add flags of irrelevant streamers?
Most recently GoldGlove, I tune in to Rocket League on Twitch every other day and I've seen him maybe twice and both times he sucks. He's definitely not the reason why I tune in.
Pay tribute to streamers who actually made a name for themselves in Rocket League, but not punk ass streamers like him just because he has a lot of followers, I doubt that money is worth it, it comes across as cheap

Prodigal

Banned
Anyone know if the new maps will be able to be played on with bots? I play with my dad pretty often and he's 64 years old so we typically only play on exhibition mode.

Is there any reason why I can seemingly no longer play RL. "Cannot use the content. Your license has expired. To use the content, purchase it from Playstation Store."

I've restored licenses but this persists.

Edit: Nevermind. Seems my auto renewal for ps+ stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom