• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
So he's saying they should intentionally make certain fields more difficult to play on - worse grass (which could affect bounce), bad weather (winds blowing the ball away), etc. Nah, don't want. Keep it purely skill-based. Wasteland being in there is pushing it IMO.

Wasteland is purely skill based. The only time something is not skill based is when the field is asymmetrical or something moves around on it.

The fact that fields aren't the same as they were doesn't mean it isn't even- it's just less map memorization and moreso general skill.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wasteland is purely skill based. The only time something is not skill based is when the field is asymmetrical or something moves around on it.

The fact that fields aren't the same as they were doesn't mean it isn't even- it's just less map memorization and moreso general skill.

Yes, I wasn't saying it isn't. Just that I'm not thrilled about it being in Ranked.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I won a ranked 2v3 today. One guy left our team basically straight away for whatever reason. We conceded shortly after this. We made a really good game of it and scored with 2 seconds left. Then we won in overtime. Sooooo satisfying. I have won games like this before, but that was back when the game was new and I wasn't playing against people that knew what they were doing. And neither did I at that point. This is the first handicap match I've won at a reasonable level. Challenger Elites to be specific. Feels so good.

Unicorn

I thought the BttF boost trail was going to be available for all vehicles? Is it an uncommon/rare unlockable now?

Also got a 2nd donut antenna. It's because I like donutopia so much, isn't it.
LLShC.gif

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah they really need to bring back the numbers. Or show your supposed trueskill number. There needs to be an indication of how close you are to ranking up. Or down. There's no sense of progression. There's no clear goal to aim for, and every time you go on a winning streak it's like "Will this be the game I rank up? No. Shit. Oh now my winning run is over. Was I even close? Who knows. Bleh."

On the old system even when I was never breaking through a threshold, and I was just going up down up down up down, I didn't find it frustrating because at least I wasn't in the dark about it.

Unicorn

Honestly, I think what has everyone's panties in a bunch is the fact that you can rank down. If that was taken away, I feel a lot of complaints would be gone. Keep the top players jockeying for position, but everyone else should just bump up after so many wins or whatever metric.

Salsa

I loooove it when risking the second jump / spin for position (as in, before the actual hit) works

LeanThreadbareCat.gif

they're the best goals

0:01 left and the ball bounced 95% in the goal. BOOM! Overtime. Lost after an extra 7 minutes.

The fun in Rocket League certainly comes and goes. Damn servers are shit lately too, I've been noticing some lag consistently.

I'm just going slacker if an OT lasts longer than 4 or 5 minutes ever again because it's incredibly annoying, like a racing game with rubber-banding opponents.

e:

giphy.gif

potato quality

Is FPS heavily correlated with internet or is the xbox one port absolute shit? My internet sucks but I always have good ping and I dip to like 10 FPS every game. Replays are ~60fps but in game fps is shit

Was playing local 2v2 and one friend was upset with the horseshoe shaped level and claimed one side (forgot which) had the advantage because of how the boosts were laid out. Is he full of it?

Soulflarz

Banned
Was playing local 2v2 and one friend was upset with the horseshoe shaped level and claimed one side (forgot which) had the advantage because of how the boosts were laid out. Is he full of it?

Yeah, on all maps, boosts on the blue side had larger pickup boxes by roughly 3.81%
For the middle ones theyre about 2% closer to the blue side, meaning if both sides go for it blue will get it first.

Seconding that Salt is One Hell of a Drug™

GeeTeeCee

Ugh, just ran into my first toxic player in a good while. We score, he starts berating his own team. While he's wasting time with chat we score another goal that he could have stopped had he not been wasting time with chat. Of course, he blames this on his team. Then our team. The more he rants, the worse his team plays. He demands a forfeit. His team doesn't. It turns into a rout. His rage baby status continues to grow.

After the match, he informs us that he's reported everyone else in the game... even though he was the only person griefing others in the chat. Good job calling attention to your own idiocy, I guess? Hopefully Psyonix responds.

The best bit? He was a Legend level player, placed in one of the highest 3v3 tiers. I don't understand how someone can dedicate so much time to a game about car football and still be a total and utter immature little shit about it. Being good at a video game does not give one carte blanche to be an arsehole when things aren't going your way.

Rant over.

I'd love different map variations in competitive.

I dont think Donut Utopia and Double Goal maps are quality maps for it though. Underpass is really great and feels fit for competitive.

I think Donut Utopia would be fantastic for Doubles Competitive.
3v3 is way too chaotic and the map is too small for anything more than 2v2.

I would like to see map variations for different team sizes. Some maps should not be in 1v1 and some maps are better fit for 2's etc. On top of that hopefully they have a map voting system for casual soon and maybe a queue up system similar to CSGO where you queue up for the maps you want in competitive?

With Wasteland being so similar but divisive i think any other map that deviates even more will cause a shitstorm in competitive play unless they give people more options. The advantage of playing them would be faster load times and more knowledge with the map. I really liked the idea of a map pick/ban system Gibbs proposed early on. There are teams that will play better on certain maps and having that strategy pregame and variety in game could be fun in the competitive scene.

J. Bravo

Ugh, just ran into my first toxic player in a good while. We score, he starts berating his own team. While he's wasting time with chat we score another goal that he could have stopped had he not been wasting time with chat. Of course, he blames this on his team. Then our team. The more he rants, the worse his team plays. He demands a forfeit. His team doesn't. It turns into a rout. His rage baby status continues to grow.

After the match, he informs us that he's reported everyone else in the game... even though he was the only person griefing others in the chat. Good job calling attention to your own idiocy, I guess? Hopefully Psyonix responds.

The best bit? He was a Legend level player, placed in one of the highest 3v3 tiers. I don't understand how someone can dedicate so much time to a game about car football and still be a total and utter immature little shit about it. Being good at a video game does not give one carte blanche to be an arsehole when things aren't going your way.

Rant over.
Was it d'alessandro? That dude is a piece of shit.

GeeTeeCee

Was it d'alessandro? That dude is a piece of shit.

Nah, not him.

At least I got promoted to Challenger 3 today. Kinda takes the edge off all the other frustrations.

Do other people think it would be a good idea if the boost pads were turned off for the first 10 seconds or so of a match? It might help deter situations where the two players closest for the ball peel off to pick up boost, leaving the other team with a free shot on goal. It's astounding how much I see that happening from supposedly high level players.

Do other people think it would be a good idea if the boost pads were turned off for the first 10 seconds or so of a match? It might help deter situations where the two players closest for the ball peel off to pick up boost, leaving the other team with a free shot on goal. It's astounding how much I see that happening from supposedly high level players.

Idiots would still go for them :)

I've played a shite ton of games and I can honestly say not once has a goalie grabbing the corner boost ever led to them making a play, never mind one that required full boost. Not a single damn time. It's literally a 0% play that can only cost you. Your a moron if you do it. And morons are incapable of change because, well, they're morons.

Having full boost after initial kickoff has led to some open net goals in my favour if I get to the ball first after. Of course I sit in goal until it is safe to go for boost rather than go immediately and leave the net open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom