• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
My brother who plays this game on occasion and hasn't purchased any dlc just unexpectedly had all the dlc unlocked on his account. We've checked the psn store and no puchases have been made and it shows the dlcs as unpurchased. Anybody ever had something like this happen?

give details

AcridMeat

Banned
Fastest I've ever seen a ball move. Absolutely hilarious. Replay said 113 mph but the other team were saying 182.
giphy.gif
Other angle

tch

I was really hoping the patch would fix my crazy (fps?) performance issues. The game ran perfectly fine but the Season 2 patch rendered it unplayable for me.

I was really hoping the patch would fix my crazy (fps?) performance issues. The game ran perfectly fine but the Season 2 patch rendered it unplayable for me.

Made a post on forums, still is unplayable even after todays patch on PC :(
Todays patch just made my ping lie

Hale-XF11

Game still crashes for me and there's some serious performance hitches. I hope it gets cleared up soon. The patch really messed things up for me. Gonna continue to stay away from ranked matches.

tch

Game still crashes for me and there's some serious performance hitches. I hope it gets cleared up soon. The patch really messed things up for me. Gonna continue to stay away from ranked matches.

Made a post on forums, still is unplayable even after todays patch on PC :(
Todays patch just made my ping lie

It sucks... And I have a match scheduled for a tourney for another forum... Not even sure what I should do. Are you guys wireless or over ethernet? I was going to try ethernet later as a last ditch effort, though I'm not hopeful.

Soulflarz

Banned
So how do these new crashes affect the metagame? If you can make your opponents game crash, it's an advantage as your opponent is down a member, similar to power plays in hockey or such.
Honestly, as long as we can isolate the problem and use it as a mechanic, I'm completely fine with this new feature in the game. They even added the ability to rejoin matches to coincide with the release of this new feature, making it the equivalent of a min or two long destruction rather than an instant loss.

Basically, I'm all for the expansion of features. Learn to adapt to this new mechanic, don't ask them to patch it because you can't use it efficiently.
[email="This post is satire mixed with a joke about the smash brothers community before someone takes it seriously. READ THIS WHEN QUOTING MY POST][/email]

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
The network issues are an absolute fucking joke at the moment. My network appears fine, play a 1v1 compet, get fucked over because how can you tell what's happening when both player get 250+ ping? Test a 2v2 normal and everyone appears fine, nope, connection warning flags within 20 seconds, flying all over the friggin place. Gonna do some practice and quit early tonight.

TheDanimal

So how do these new crashes affect the metagame? If you can make your opponents game crash, it's an advantage as your opponent is down a member, similar to power plays in hockey or such.
Honestly, as long as we can isolate the problem and use it as a mechanic, I'm completely fine with this new feature in the game. They even added the ability to rejoin matches to coincide with the release of this new feature, making it the equivalent of a min or two long destruction rather than an instant loss.

Basically, I'm all for the expansion of features. Learn to adapt to this new mechanic, don't ask them to patch it because you can't use it efficiently.
[email="This post is satire mixed with a joke about the smash brothers community before someone takes it seriously. READ THIS WHEN QUOTING MY POST][/email]

Tbh this is actually a good idea. Think of the potential! You think your opponent did something wrong? Crash their game! Mad at your teammate for saying What a save! When you miss? Crash their game! The possibilities are never ending

TP17

Since the season 2 patch officially came out, has anyone else encountered the "Party destroyed" error (PS4)? It's happened to me quit often and it's really putting a damper on my experience. My friends have to re-invite me after almost every single match.

We've had it a few times but we were also getting it a few times pre-patch. It seems to be if you get it once during a session it will keep happening but other times it can be fine.

It sucks... And I have a match scheduled for a tourney for another forum... Not even sure what I should do. Are you guys wireless or over ethernet? I was going to try ethernet later as a last ditch effort, though I'm not hopeful.

Every time I play over WiFi it's total disaster even if my ping is great. Constant disconnection symbols, sliding around everywhere, clipping through the ground. When I go back to ethernet it runs perfectly without a hitch. So definitely try it.

Kumquat

Last night I managed to center and then score my own center in OT of a ranked placement game. Especially sweet as I had a beautiful floater going into the net earlier that game but my teammate decided he had to be the guy who hit everything and knocked it to the side.

2-0 in placement games so far.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Christ, lost like 5 1v1 compets in a row, shoulda quit sooner, Sunday I had an insane run now I don't even know, I'm just not playing the same.

Also while I'm pissed off about that.

I like the new ranked system but I still don't see why there can't be more of an indication as to when you'll get promoted/demoted. Does any other game hide it from you this much?

Soulflarz

Banned
Christ, lost like 5 1v1 compets in a row, shoulda quit sooner, Sunday I had an insane run now I don't even know, I'm just not playing the same.

I like the new ranked system but I still don't see why there can't be more of an indication as to when you'll get promoted/demoted. Does any other game hide it from you this much?

Yes? This is how trueskill works :x
Aannyways, reminder they took it out for a reason.

I went through the same thing last night. Bout 3 losses in a row. They removed it because when you lose that many points and know how many wins you need to move back up it can be very disheartening. CSGO does it this way and does'nt show you a progress bar. I'm not sure how many competitive games do. I personally don't want it back. Adding it to the top rank so they know how close they are to the top 100 works for me.

Soulflarz

Banned
*hmph*

I'm just not a fan that people constantly hated the ranking system and now are here. They loved it when they did well, hated it when they did bad to the point of ranting, and now everyones hating the new one, which was made directly in response to the old one. There was no middle ground-- the solution would be to have it show your MMR instead of the arbitrary rank, but the developers stated they don't want people obsessing over a number going up or down, or we're basically back to where we started, regardless of if the number is more accurate or not. That and the fact that people keep getting mad at X wins not ranking them up but Y losses deranking them, when trueskill works on a chance of winning thing instead of the mere fact that you won or lost-- that is to say, beating someone ranked worse than you shouldn't reward you as much as beating someone ranked a lot more. That and the fact that I'm seeing people constantly say "wasteland is why I'm losing" when it's not like your opponent has an advantage there >_>

I'd say people usually just want to vent because they're frustrated and being "well actually" doesn't really serve a purpose besides constantly advocating against their issues.

I think the ranking system now being completely visually represented by TrueSkill is definitely an improvement, but without game to game indications it's also incredibly stagnant. So even those runs of doing well fall completely flat because nothing has changed. Yeah that means you're ranked properly and beat who you should beat but in real world terms it means shit.

A way to mitigate that would be to add more hooks outside of your rank. Proper stat tracking, tournament support, a ladder system. A FIFA style league system. Just anything that indicates something has been accomplished. It sucked losing X amount of points but gaining X amount was great too. Right now it basically feels like nothing is happening good or bad. You beat a team of rising stars three games in a row as a Challenger 2 and everything is the same. That's kind of a momentum killer. Instead of obsessing over a little number people are now just getting slightly more disappointed after every single match until the one match where they don't.

Unrelated since we get dupe cosmetics now does that mean infinite item drops? Easily my favorite thing added because I'm a junky for this kinda stuff. I really wonder if they will implement a crafting system of some type. Would be cool if they had a few very rare drops that you can only get by crafting. If it was a steam only game I could see marketplace support being a given.

Firthy

What the hell? I was just playing as usual and suddenly get the error message "Cannot use the content. Your license has expired. To use the content, purchase it from PlayStation Store".

Any ideas? My PS+ hasn't expired or anything...

What the hell? I was just playing as usual and suddenly get the error message "Cannot use the content. Your license has expired. To use the content, purchase it from PlayStation Store".

That's usually a PS+ expiration message. Maybe a bug?

Soulflarz

Banned
A way to mitigate that would be to add more hooks outside of your rank. Proper stat tracking, tournament support, a ladder system. A FIFA style league system. Just anything that indicates something has been accomplished. It sucked losing X amount of points but gaining X amount was great too. Right now it basically feels like nothing is happening good or bad. You beat a team of rising stars three games in a row as a Challenger 2 and everything is the same. That's kind of a momentum killer. Instead of obsessing over a little number people are now just getting slightly more disappointed after every single match until the one match where they don't.

Haven't played FIFA so I can't comment on that, but yeah, stuff like this makes sense as far as I can tell :3

Are you the primary console? Has PS+ been updated on the account that is giving the RL license since you last connected online?

This wouldn't been on RL's end sadly, would be on your PS4s side of things.

Hale-XF11

Ethernet. I also tried lowering my max FPS below 60. All of my settings are set to performance. Basically, everything I've tried hasn't helped one bit. Pretty frustrating.

rafaelr

so, i find that i´m sometimes taking too long too get off the ground for some aerials.
i think just pressing both jump and boost at the same time gets you more height more quickly, but as i´m trying to adjust i find it´s also more prone to get off course when you start an aerial.
what dou you do, gaf?
- jump, adjust angle, then boost
- jump, adjust and boost at the same time

so, i find that i´m sometimes taking too long too get off the ground for some aerials.
i think just pressing both jump and boost at the same time gets you more height more quickly, but as i´m trying to adjust i find it´s also more prone to get off course when you start an aerial.
what dou you do, gaf?
- jump, adjust angle, then boost
- jump, adjust and boost at the same time

As long as you've got a mostly full boost tank, you shouldn't have to worry too much about conserving the momentum from the jump. There are advantages in doing that of course, but most of the time I find it's better to be accurate than trying to be first and then completely overshooting your target. You just don't want to wait too long in your jump where you're actively trying to lift your car again as it's falling down.

Practice the all-star aerial tutorial. That will give you a good feel for how much boost you need to reach both high and far skyballs.

so uh.. are there any tips for me in regards to juggling the ball on my roof while in ball cam? i get it started and then either speed up to much or not enough and it throws the camera angle off. i know practice is the obvious answer, but any little things to look out for?

I hope Psyonix makes the next big focus to be Online Teams.

I've been wanting to play with my own team colour forever. I love the effect in single player where it's more than just blue vs red

Soulflarz

Banned
Ten wins in a row. Ten wins in a row in solo standard isn't enough to rank up. Jesus.

Tbf it wasn't originally

I'm guessing it's still around 13 or so-- I....assume it's similar

I dunno though, because the old gold 3 may just be 10-12 now?
1 unranked 2-4 bronze 5-7 silver 8 9 10 gold... 11/12 high up gold 3? I dunno

I have hundreds of hours of gameplay to comb through (damn you, share button), but can't be bothered to begin doing it. :( I know I could come up with a decent little montage, but man... it's so daunting. I guess I shouldn't have let all this footage build up. Anyone else in a similar position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom