• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Lost but made more points than anyone else

Downgraded

I...uh...what

W/L is all that determines rank.

Points don't necessarily mean you were the best player to be fair. Maybe you were. Maybe you weren't. But it's not a good way to judge and I'm glad it's not something the game takes in to account with the ranking system.

This. Unless you're 150 vs 1300 on your teammate where it's clear youre outclassing him, generally 350 vs 700 doesn't necessarily mean your better. I know in 2s I greatly prefer giving the easy setup for a shot- I get less points for sure, but it's an easy goal that makes me not have to guess how good my teammate is.

NOTICE: Update coming to PC/PS4 @ roughly 6pm ET!

Matchmaking will be down for up to 20 minutes.

CHANGES AND UPDATES

New Skill Tiers have been added to create more differentiation for elite players, there are now a total of 15 Tiers (up from 12).

There are now three Champion ranks at the top Champion tier:
Grand Champion (Tier 15)
Super Champion (Tier 14)
Champion (Tier 13)

The Star tier has changed slightly to accommodate the new Champion tier:
Tier 12 is now called “Superstar” (was Champion)
Tier 11 is now called “All-Star” (was Superstar)
Tier 10 is now called “Shooting Star” (was All-Star)
Added Divisions to Competitive Skill Tiers to give players a better indication of where they fall in any given Skill Tier.

There are five divisions in each Skill Tier – with each representing roughly 20% of the skill range in that
Division V (highest),
Division IV
Division III
Division II
Division I (lowest)
For example: An All-Star player that is roughly halfway to the next Skill Tier would appear as “All-Star, Division III”

Players in the Top Tier (now “Grand Champion”) will see a numerical Skill Rating in place of a divisional indicator.

Players still Unranked in Competitive can now see how many Placement Matches they have remaining in each playlist

Forfeit Votes can no longer be triggered before a match begins

BUG FIXES

“Stocked” Trophy/Achievement requirements have changed from unlocking 200 items to 150 items; and it should now unlock properly

Fixed an issue with random map selection that was causing Mannfield and Park weather variants to be chosen too rarely. This will result in map rotation being more evenly distributed.

Fixed an issue that caused CPU utilization on some PCs to increase unnecessarily

TheDanimal

Whatever happened to the Rocket League GAF tournaments? I would have liked to have participated in more.
I mean I had to back out of the first one at the last moment so I never actually got to participate, but you get the point :p

v1lla21

Whatever happened to the Rocket League GAF tournaments? I would have liked to have participated in more.
I mean I had to back out of the first one at the last moment so I never actually got to participate, but you get the point :p
I was thinking of starting a new one soon. I'd handle it much better this time around though.

Pepiope

I was thinking of starting a new one soon. I'd handle it much better this time around though.
Yasss

Edit: holy shit. Game just updated I guess.

Superstar (old champion for solos)
Grand Champion in doubles and solo 3s
Champion in 3s

Guess I need to play solos again. I want that purple!

Soulflarz

Banned
screw hw
rl time

Tbh? I think because GAF hit a weird spacing point in skill. Everyone not in the OT and many in the OT are the old equivalent of silver 1, while many of us in here simply don't whiff. That wouldn't even be a competition. Then you have a few very high level players. If Lazulic and Pepiope team up, it's not even a tournament.

v1lla21

K. I'll have sign-ups up by Fridee. Would you guys be willing to pay 1 dollar to join so we can have a prize pool or would you guys be fine with play for fun?

I still haven't unlocked Sweet Tooth in the PS4 version. I've unlocked and won with every car except the last one, which is still blurred out and am assuming is Sweet Tooth.
Anyone know what else I have to do?

Soulflarz

Banned
gonna try this solo standard thing ive never done lol

oh gosh
everyones so bad
edit: oh, literally bottom rank
this is going to get me so many smurf callouts

this is like showoff heaven

TheKeyPit

Banned
My new favorite:

rockleag8vas2t.gif

TheDanimal

K. I'll have sign-ups up by Fridee. Would you guys be willing to pay 1 dollar to join so we can have a prize pool or would you guys be fine with play for fun?

I'd be ok with it being just for fun, but I kinda just want to play in a tournament because Rocket League is so fun :D

Pepiope

pep we played one game then you up and ditched lol
The game crashed. lol. I was pissed cause we had that game too.

I played a few games after just installing it on my SSD and it runs fine. Hopefully that was the problem. The load times are nice too, though it was never slow.

I keep forgetting to use the headset too. Need to get used to it.

Lazulic

How far did yall get in ESL?

we got 4th in the last tourney, 64th the one before. we played from 2 to 8:30 cause psn was down for about 2 hours for it. by the 3rd place match i was so done with rocket league, im convinced its why we only got 4th.

hope we can do better this weekend.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's 2am
I think I started RL around 5:30
...oh no :x

Edit: so for the devs who read this- is it a lot to ask for perhaps a rank reset feature you can only use in a playlist every 2 months or so? I ask this for those of us who are rank locked compared to being able to actually have their rank move.
Im stuck going up or down a division every 5 games in solo.
Flunkie and I basically carried someone all the way to a higher rank than me from scratch by his 15th game :x
Hell, my solo standard rank is higher than mt solo rank atm and I have 13 games on it in total or so.

Basically I'm between challenger elite and rising star in other playlists (er, console) and now being unable to move in standard means I have to sit through the moshpit of low level play where people miss constantly and smurf and get angry at each other.
Meaning it's a lot of not fun gameplay to get to anywhere near where I have to play decently :/

deleted

Can anybody help me out with the new ranking system?

I get that you are ranked new every other match, but how does it work exactly? It doesn't seem to be just wins - in solo, I won 8 of 10 matches, got ranked Challenger I, lost one game, got demoted - so it's not every 10 games that your rank gets re-evaluated.

In 3 on 3 I was playing every game alongside a friend. He was ranked Prospect Elite, I am Challenger II... What exactly is at play here? MVPs? Even more stats?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's 2am
I think I started RL around 5:30
...oh no :x

Edit: so for the devs who read this- is it a lot to ask for perhaps a rank reset feature you can only use in a playlist every 2 months or so? I ask this for those of us who are rank locked compared to being able to actually have their rank move.
Im stuck going up or down a division every 5 games in solo.
Flunkie and I basically carried someone all the way to a higher rank than me from scratch by his 15th game :x
Hell, my solo standard rank is higher than mt solo rank atm and I have 13 games on it in total or so.

Basically I'm between challenger elite and rising star in other playlists (er, console) and now being unable to move in standard means I have to sit through the moshpit of low level play where people miss constantly and smurf and get angry at each other.
Meaning it's a lot of not fun gameplay to get to anywhere near where I have to play decently :/

"Rank locked"? What does that mean?

Soulflarz

Banned
"Rank locked"? What does that mean?

Uhm...because I've already typed how the multiplier works in this thread multiple times

Lazy version- you're ranking up a ton faster on a new account

Edit: the quick explanation
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trueskill/
See the uncertainty thing? The systems uncertainty that you're actually the skill it thinks you are is very high at the start. You also want to keep winning to keep yourself from slowing down to the standard amount.

This is why smurf accounts hit rising star in under 3 hours, or why when I had never touched solo standard, I hit challenger 2 going 3 divisions a game.

Grinchy

Banned
The batmobile looks amazing! I was just telling my friend how it had been a while since they charged money for something, and now here it is finally!

BTW, I really love the new maps in Rocket Labs, but I'm already tired of Utopia. I pretty much play it one time per day and just leave every time it comes up outside of that. I hope it gets the ax while the other 2 maps get "finished."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom