• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genryu

Banned
Batmobile looks cool, will be mine for sure. But it's not really a "car pack" when it's just one car, is it? I guess it is packed in with some other junk... But where's Superman's car? I want that! Oh wait...

The Supermobile is no joke.

latest

/s

TheKeyPit

Banned
So I've had this game freeze 6+ times now on xbone. Always in split screen. Weird thing is every time it was a tie game under 2 minutes left. Is it just a major coincidence? Are they working on this?

It has happened to me at least 20 times so far in splitscreen. Doesn't matter the score. It crashed on 6:0, 2:2 or whatever.

Soulflarz

Banned
Well, that sucks. I can understand the idea behind it, but this seems like a semi-broken system that punishes long-time players. Ugh.

It's not exactly that, it just moreso is anti new players who are good. If you aren't smurfing you generally won't notice it.
Hopefully >_>

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
God fucking dammit dribbling is too hard. Close control is too hard. Consistently being able to put the ball on your car and being able to keep it there is too hard. It's too hard. Someone help me make it less hard. My doubles partner is doing things I can't do. Things that are very useful. I don't like it.

God fucking dammit dribbling is too hard. Close control is too hard. Consistently being able to put the ball on your car and being able to keep it there is too hard. It's too hard. Someone help me make it less hard. My doubles partner is doing things I can't do. Things that are very useful. I don't like it.

Free play and practice, practice, practice my man.

Shit. I played another +5 minute overtime. And I made the mistake again: sticking around for all of it. I've never won a ranked overtime. What a waste of time.

I find freecam much easier for dribbling. Though I still suck at dribbling. Need more practice, and to stop using Dominus.

Salsa

so I finally remapped air roll to the left bumper, which is apparently all the rage

idk how I feel about it yet

i've been doing some crazy aerial stuff I wasnt able to do before for sure

but at the same time im having a hard time getting used to using it to quickly reposition my car when falling / jumping into a wall, etc

I think the BEST use for it that no one seems to talk about is being able to do stuff like this:

https://gfycat.com/DesertedBigCapybara

DesertedBigCapybara.gif

being able to instantly flip the car to the side while still boosting instead of relying on doing so with the second air jump made that pass and goal happen. impossible otherwise. pretty cool

so I finally remapped flip to the left bumper, which is apparently all the rage

idk how I feel about it yet

i've been doing some crazy aerial stuff I wasnt able to do before for sure

but at the same time im having a hard time getting used to using it to quickly reposition my car when falling / jumping into a wall, etc

I think the BEST use for it that no one seems to talk about is being able to do stuff like this:

https://gfycat.com/DesertedBigCapybara

being able to instantly flip the car to the side while still boosting instead of relying on doing so with the second air jump made that pass and goal happen. impossible otherwise. pretty cool

Wow that's weird. Cool, but not sure I could get used to it. I've got my LB set to Air Roll, so not great for the scenario you're describing, but useful for aerial boosting maneuvers.

I switched that from day one. Just makes more sense to have it under brake. Face bottuns are for boost, jump and camera control(ball cam/rear view).

Think about it maybe I could put rearview in the right bumper..hm..

vanty

I only just started playing ranked the other day but is this really a thing that can happen?

90% of the time I'm up against a pair of friends but this time there were three friends and one was on my team? He wanted to forfeit a minute in and then spent most of the game just boosting around the perimeter like he wanted an achievement. Lucky they were shit and I played decent and beat them 1v3 but it seems a bad design outside of casual play.

JTripper

Idk how different the cars are after the latest update but damn I could not use Dominus or Hotshot. Felt slow to me. I'm switching back to Octane.

Lunar FC

I only just started playing ranked the other day but is this really a thing that can happen?

90% of the time I'm up against a pair of friends but this time there were three friends and one was on my team? He wanted to forfeit a minute in and then spent most of the game just boosting around the perimeter like he wanted an achievement. Lucky they were shit and I played decent and beat them 1v3 but it seems a bad design outside of casual play.

Can't you be in a party by yourself?

Fun playing with you, daripad. Too bad about the connection errors. Have others had this kind of error?

"Party was destroyed due to connection error."

Kept dropping us out of each other's party.

daripad

Fun playing with you, daripad. Too bad about the connection errors. Have others had this kind of error?

"Party was destroyed due to connection error."

Kept dropping us out of each other's party.

Yes, but later on my internet went out, so I couldn't join you again :/ You're great at the game btw

ryan299

So after some research there seems to be a bug that will erase all your unlocks. When this happens you're unable to unlock the halo or gears vehicles again bc the game thinks you already have them. That sucks

VLiberty

And it happened again. Lost with the highest number of points, and with arguably the best performance of the match. I've created at least two great easy goals which my teammates managed to fail(I've literaly put them in front of an empty goal).
0-1
Declassified

This is definitely not based on performance, i went up after i won a match despite playing not so good.

Soulflarz

Banned
And it happened again. Lost with the highest number of points, and with arguably the best performance of the match. I've created at least two great easy goals which my teammates managed to fail(I've literaly put them in front of an empty goal).
0-1
Declassified

This is definitely not based on performance, i went up after i won a match despite playing not so good.

It is fully based on your wins and losses.

DD

I have a hard time trying to understand why people care so much about their e-penises. Be a fuckin' man and face defeat. Sometimes you play well, sometimes you don't. Sometimes your teammate is not in a good day.

"Oh, bu-bu-but mah rankengs!!!", FUCK THE RANKINGS! The objective of the game is to provide fun, ffs.

Had it twice today. The first time, in a 3 vs 3 match, we started playing like idiots against a very strong team. Even if we were playing well, we'd probably lose, because the other team was clearly superior. They seemed like friends or a clan, whatever. Both idiots from my team gave up, but I stayed there 'til the end. Got a hard beat, so fuckin' what?!

And just now a steam friend invited me to play. Ok, let's do it! I whiff all the time in the first minutes. He complained and then he quit. Then I see that he started playing another game. I stayed there, alone, fighting 'til the end, made three goals alone, but still lost, the match and the friend, which I felt the obligation to delete from my list. Cowards...

Soulflarz

Banned
I have a hard time trying to understand why people care so much about their e-penises. Be a fuckin' man and face defeat. Sometimes you play well, sometimes you don't. Sometimes your teammate is not in a good day.

"Oh, bu-bu-but mah rankengs!!!", FUCK THE RANKINGS! The objective of the game is to provide fun, ffs.

Had it twice today. The first time, in a 3 vs 3 match, we started playing like idiots against a very strong team. Even if we were playing well, we'd probably lose, because the other team was clearly superior. They seemed like friends or a clan, whatever. Both idiots from my team gave up, but I stayed there 'til the end. Got a hard beat, so fuckin' what?!

And just now a steam friend invited me to play. Ok, let's do it! I whiff all the time in the first minutes. He complained and then he quit. Then I see that he started playing another game. I stayed there, alone, fighting 'til the end, made three goals alone, but still lost, the match and the friend, which I felt the obligation to delete from my list. Cowards...

Agreed until bolded
As in, skill>rank, I'd much rather have peps skill and be my rank than be peps rank and have my skill >_>

However....it's not usually fun playing with low level friends if you're a much higher rank. You go for a shot and suddenly they're out of rotation two feet behind you, or they never set you the ball and then brag that they have more points than you because you won't take any of their shots and stuff (or the dreaded "the ball is 3 feet in the air ITS MY AERIAL") :x
And yes, this is a common occurrence. Reminder that most people who play the game without playing it a ton still miss a lot of basic touches leading to easy goals and such, and that to them, challenger 1 is actually a pretty good thing.
TL;DR when you outclass someone carrying through ranked isn't fun at all, nor is playing with people who can't play well with your style.

What's the point in getting multiple copies of the same accessory (antenna, etc)?

To make the grind more painful.
Welcome to MMOs Rocket League

edit: can the OT be less dead so when I post 2-3x a day it's not like half the posts >_>

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Dribblers of NeoGAF, what camera height settings do you use? I'm getting much better control of my dribbles now and I'm able to get the ball to balance on top of my car much easier. But a major thing I'm struggling with is timing turns, jumps or flips because I often can't really see my opponent when they're in front of me. My car or the ball blocks my view. I'm just wondering if this could be because my cam height settings are too low.

DD

Agreed until bolded
As in, skill>rank, I'd much rather have peps skill and be my rank than be peps rank and have my skill >_>

However....it's not usually fun playing with low level friends if you're a much higher rank. You go for a shot and suddenly they're out of rotation two feet behind you, or they never set you the ball and then brag that they have more points than you because you won't take any of their shots and stuff (or the dreaded "the ball is 3 feet in the air ITS MY AERIAL") :x
And yes, this is a common occurrence. Reminder that most people who play the game without playing it a ton still miss a lot of basic touches leading to easy goals and such, and that to them, challenger 1 is actually a pretty good thing.
TL;DR when you outclass someone carrying through ranked isn't fun at all, nor is playing with people who can't play well with your style.

Yeah, I know that sometimes it's not so fun to play with low skilled folks, but I stay there 'til the end. It's just for five minutes, it's not the end of the world. "Oh, I got demoted", I don't care! What does that really mean?

I am betting on a crafting and/or trading system in the future.

It was in alpha from what I've read. maybe they will bring it back?

Reddit

While we're at items. There used to be a more sophisticated item drop system. Initially you got an item at random intervals during the match, it was a bit distracting and got changed to be random drops at the end of the match. You could also get crafting materials instead of equippable items. Items had different rarities and you could get duplicates of the items you already owned that you could later salvage to get materials and then try your luck in crafting a random item of a specified rarity.

Salsa

workshop support and eventual TF2 like item system is kinda inevitable with the game's popularity

and i'll buy everything

luffeN

If the Zen from the game I just had reads this, please never play competitive again if you can't lose. Such bad behaviour. Didn't want to give up after 30 seconds 0:2. Player voted, I knew we had enough time to come back, so tried some more. Zen purposely let the others score. If I report a player, will I play with them again in the future?

workshop support and eventual TF2 like item system is kinda inevitable with the game's popularity

and i'll buy everything

I'd like it but how would this work being crossplay with PS4? Would there be any difficulties using workshop items on a console and would PSN be locked out of market transactions?

Unicorn

Let's fucking trade. I'll give you a donut and a chainsaw for a unicorn horn.

Oh wait, there's dupes but nothing to do with them.

GeeTeeCee

One of those days where I'm really not enjoying the game, thanks to certain elements of the community.

I'm sick of taking shit from teammates because I failed to stop the oppenents scoring a goal, even though I'm the only member of the team not camping in the opponent's half waiting to be fed the ball. You want the ball saved? Try doing it yourself for once. Why do I have to default to goalkeeping every damn match?

Later, I score immediately at the kick-off with one of the best pieces of skill I've ever managed. My teammate announces in the chat that he "only joined the game to quit at the start." Both he and my other teammate bail out, leaving the match 3v1. The other team runs riot.

I've never played a multiplayer game with this level of general ass-hattery before.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm cursing like hell sometimes, not because of teammates, but because of my own stupidity. I'm missing a lot of balls I usually hit successfully in the first days of playing. The more I play the more mistakes I make.

If you are playing poorly or sick of the community take a break from the game and come back to it. Usually helps on both fronts.

Also try to remind yourself it is a 5 minute game with cars and a giant bouncing ball. It's amazing how serious we can all get with something like this but it's such a waste of energy as wins and losses 90% of the time come down to luck of draw w/matchmaking and your rank (if you play ranked) is only based on wins and losses.

Anyone that gives you shit in this game is shitty person and 90% of the time shitty at the game. They want to be carried and have zero awareness of how bad they are. Turn off chat or limit to quick chat only so you can focus on having fun and getting better at the game. Don't let the douchebags ruin this great game for you.

I'm losing interest bc all my unlocks keep getting erased. Twice in two days now. This is bullshit

Is this on xbox? PS4 had similar issues at the start but bugs got ironed out. As temp fix make a copy of your save file as that is what saves the unlocks progress. You should be able to re-load from that instead of starting from scratch each time they get erased.

ryan299

Is this on xbox? PS4 had similar issues at the start but bugs got ironed out. As temp fix make a copy of your save file as that is what saves the unlocks progress. You should be able to re-load from that instead of starting from scratch each time they get erased.

Yeah on xbox. It happened yesterday and then I unlocked pretty much everything when I was achievement hunting. Happened again today. If it was a known issue on ps4, i don't why they didn't fix it for xbox launch.

I'll also add if you've unlocked the gears and halo vehicles and this happens to you, you're unable to unlock them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom