• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to play with you guys, but I'm afraid of dragging down your rankings D:

I just can't stay consistent. I have a streak of games where everything flows and I'm playing like I'm capable, then right after I hit a bad streak of playing like I've just purchased the game. I know I can't always be on point, but I wish it wouldn't be such an extreme fall off x.x

I just can't stay consistent. I have a streak of games where everything flows and I'm playing like I'm capable, then right after I hit a bad streak of playing like I've just purchased the game. I know I can't always be on point, but I wish it wouldn't be such an extreme fall off x.x

sounds like my kind of partner

Scoobert

I'm the same way lol. I hate this game sometimes.

dawid

Man i wish that the arena from the Batman-trailer would actually be in the game.

The fact that the cars handle differently feels pretty offputting when new cool DLC-cars are released. I already know i will return to the Dominus in a few days just because it handles perfectly for me. So buying the DLC is kind of a waste. :(

Oh wow. How much of a difference do they make

Damn. I've only ever used Venom since launch.. Maybe I should try out some other cars haha

I'm not a pro, so I'm just following what I've read and the reports so far. Most people that I've seen use the Dominus / Octane combo, with some using Breakout / Hotshot.

You can be good with almost any car, that's just minor preferences that people have. Choosing a car is just min/maxing (and I'm a min/maxer even in games that I'm not good, I'm OCD like that).

This is not like F1 where getting/choosing something with "low stats" will ruin you, in Rocket League (as far as I've played) skill > car selection.

I played this game for 30 hours with my friend sharing his library with me. I'm hunting for a discounted key now.... Someone pm if they see anything. Someone found something in the bst thread for me but it's a bit early for a response.

Thanks, I'm in love but I'm too impatient for another steam sale.

I think if anything donut could do with being a bit bigger? Not sure in which direction, maybe both z and x. I find things tend to get stuck happening around the goals with less action in the centre, maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing though...
I've spent some more time on the donut map and grown to dislike it. I think increasing the size would reduce the number of one shot goals but if you go too far it will lose its character. I think making the goal smaller is one thing that would help.

road hog and takumi for me :3 i can't not have a cat paint job or murica muscle

i'm playing a few right now if anyone wants to >_>

steam: rythwen

Try as I might, I just can't get used to the Octane after using the Breakout and Dominus for so long. Something about having such a tall car feels wrong.

It makes dribbling easier, imo. Also, I feel that Octane gets in the air a tad quicker than Dominus. Dat turn radius on Dominus, though!

TheKeyPit

Banned
Ranked up from "Challenger 2" to "Challenger 3" after three days earlier today and stopped playing. Tried playing ranked right now and I got ******* really hard in the first 5 matches(including two game crashes) and got down to the previous rank. Lost 3 matches on that one. I don't want to play this any longer today...
(Xbox)

So I've had this game freeze 6+ times now on xbone. Always in split screen. Weird thing is every time it was a tie game under 2 minutes left. Is it just a major coincidence? Are they working on this?

It makes dribbling easier, imo. Also, I feel that Octane gets in the air a tad quicker than Dominus. Dat turn radius on Dominus, though!

Oh no doubt, the Octane (also the Gizmo and Scarab) are the top tier dribblers. But I like the way the Dominus handles in other areas just enough that I can manage with more limited dribbling.

Leave for a almost a week, so last time I experienced Rocket League it was pretty laggy even if everyone had good ping.

Come back: still laggy servers with everyone's good pings. Ruined a few games, them servers.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Batmobile looks cool, will be mine for sure. But it's not really a "car pack" when it's just one car, is it? I guess it is packed in with some other junk... But where's Superman's car? I want that! Oh wait...

Uhm...because I've already typed how the multiplier works in this thread multiple times

Lazy version- you're ranking up a ton faster on a new account

Edit: the quick explanation
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trueskill/
See the uncertainty thing? The systems uncertainty that you're actually the skill it thinks you are is very high at the start. You also want to keep winning to keep yourself from slowing down to the standard amount.

This is why smurf accounts hit rising star in under 3 hours, or why when I had never touched solo standard, I hit challenger 2 going 3 divisions a game.
Well, that sucks. I can understand the idea behind it, but this seems like a semi-broken system that punishes long-time players. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom