• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

ive gone almost 100 hours without anyone seriously shit talking each other in solo 3s. i dont know where people attract it from

I only play doubles, where I guess shit's more deliberate than some of the chance ocurrances / bad luck of 3v3? dunno

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm currently at the "Challenger II" level in 2v2 with my cousin. We are either having thrilling matches or we are getting our asses kicked like hell.

Soulflarz

Banned
ive gone almost 100 hours without anyone seriously shit talking each other in solo 3s. i dont know where people attract it from

Guessing at that level no one botches stuff up and when people do it's not a "well, you truly suck at this game and got carried all the way to champion, clearly"

I have fun trolling everyone in the game including myself with quick chat. Some ppl get mad tho haha....

Can confirm he does indeed do this.

Dr Prob

Banned
Few dumb goals from the inescapable bowels of Tartaru--err, solo 3s:

767696448jbca.gif

PepperedHam

Ranked 1v1 is just all out psychological warfare. I'm weak and easily angered too I don't know why I play it. Quick chat trolling, trash talk, deliberately letting replays play out, holy shit it's all things to just make me wanna explode, it's all more personal. I don't know why I play it. I've got too short a fuse to play it but I'm absolutely addicted to the mode. Winning a great ranked 1v1 match is my favorite high in this game. But god damn if it isn't the most horrifying experience for me.

Salsa

does anyone know what reporting does?

im getting tired of these brazilian pieces of shit (not that its country specific but for some reason its way worse when playing in SAM servers) insulting me during the whole game. I reported the same guy like 3 times and afaik nothing happens

kbNBTdz.png

last line basically says "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID CHILD"

like, nothing else to do? guys like this are straight up ruining it. I like the addition of a report button but it does nothing as far as I know so far

this game is too good to end up with a COD community

Salsa

dude's even mocking the fact that he's not getting banned nor anything on Steam now

muFZDao.png

mockin the reports I gave him cause he knows nothing will happen

Soulflarz

Banned
Is this like how Americans dont use certain swears in the slightest for a culture thing but the second you play Fifa it's all anyone calls you according to steriotypes?

Salsa

also, I won like 10 games in a row yesterday and couldnt get promoted

lost like 3 today got demoted

I hate the new system and it's fuckin invisibility. what?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I know your pain.

I'm gonna give the game a break until the update comes. Unless someone here wants to play with me.

Nobody wants to play with me. Even the doubles partner I usually play with hasn't been around in a while

DD

im getting tired of these brazilian pieces of shit (not that its country specific but for some reason its way worse when playing in SAM servers) insulting me during the whole game.

Well, it is. :p

But in all honesty, now, you shouldn't spend a single word with trash people like that. Just report 'em and do whatever you want to have your share fun. Exchanging nice words like that puts you under the threat of the zoeira, and for a Brazilian, the zoeira never ends.

I just played with two Brazilians right now and they were the sweetest people, really! The most respectful and lighthearted guys I've ever encountered on a online gameplay session. And they were great team players too!

Soulflarz

Banned
I hate the final gold rank so much
+800 with incompetent people
:/

won one with him then got him again
Voted to forfeit when they outplayed him :/

edit: and fwiw, I don't use quick chat
and people are still mean :<

Pepiope theorized the other day it has to do with the weighting of the games which is only possible explanation but even if you were supposed to have won every one of those 10 games yesterday ( = gained less points) and then were supposed to win the 3 today ( = lose more points) it still seems crazy to get a demotion going 10-3. You should never go DOWN after winning 75% of your games. So the weighting of assumed wins / losses either needs to be toned down OR fix matchmaking so these types of matches don't pop up so frequently where going 10-3 results in a demotion OR going 3-10 results in a promotion (have already had something similar happen to me!)

Soulflarz

Banned
Pretty sure 10-3 will never be a derank :x

Now, I have seen like 10-5 or so.

I'm going about 50-50 for w/l and I'm close to a derank
Never play with randoms.

Pepiope

I've played this game a ton with my KB&M, but scoring a goal with it after my controller died felt so amazing lol. Too bad we lost.

Soulflarz

Banned
guys stop torturing yourselves with random 2s teammates

I MUST HIT THE BLUE RANK ON PC--you have a point though. I play PC a ton more but my ps4 rank is higher because I only play with TheDanimal (GAF guy whos sometimes in here) exclusively.
He's not as good as me, but he's really consistent on not missing basic things in comparison to randoms, so our occasional setups lead to sure wins at that rank.

Laz will you play doubles with me all day tomorrow?

Hes busy

:3

Does anybody else have crazy amounts of lag on PS4? The game is literally rubberbanding back and forth for me most games, plus a random scattering of disconnect icons. But my ping is consistently under 50 and my NAT is Type 2 with 12Mbps up and 6 or so down. And Rocket League is the only game to do anything like this.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Anyone wanna help carry me beyond challenger elite on PS4?

Gary485

Sorry in advance.
When are you on? I think you're on my friends list but I don't often see you. I have to do my placement matches, but I'll probably be around Challenger II. I'm not as good as others here but I can hold my own. Gotten much better the past month or so, but hard to keep improving with random teammates.

v1lla21

I guess there's just people you don't do well in doubles because there's no chemistry. I played earlier with one of the guys I've played standard with before and we sucked major salsa. I'll hop on later tonight if any of yall wanna play. I'll be on in about an hour.

AcridMeat

Banned
I guess there's just people you don't do well in doubles because there's no chemistry. I played earlier with one of the guys I've played standard with before and we sucked major salsa. I'll hop on later tonight if any of yall wanna play. I'll be on in about an hour.
PC or PS4? I just got on.

v1lla21

PC or PS4? I just got on.
I can play on PC.
Sorry bro but Steam is being a piece of shit. It won't download anything for me. It starts off downloading and then it just stops and doesn't restart. I've switched servers, re-download steam, fucked with my modem, and countless other shit but it just doesn't work. Everything else like Origin and other downloads work except steam. Fuck this thing. Piece of shit fuck.

Does anybody else have crazy amounts of lag on PS4? The game is literally rubberbanding back and forth for me most games, plus a random scattering of disconnect icons. But my ping is consistently under 50 and my NAT is Type 2 with 12Mbps up and 6 or so down. And Rocket League is the only game to do anything like this.

I've put in a fair amount of hours, first on the PS4 (yay, PS Plus), and then Steam (yay, money to the developers). I've noticed that there is definitely more lag/rubberbanding on the PS4. Its nonexistent on PC. I am playing wireless on the PS4 and using a cable on my PC. Also my router is getting a bit long in the tooth, so its wireless may not be up to snuff anymore. It gets the job done for basic wireless requirements, but gaming can sometimes suffer. Its fine though the cable, though.

I'd probably start with that, though.

i did have one of the days, where nothing in game was going right...and that bled over into Path of Exile (kept dying to stupid stuff). Was just time to turn it off and call it a night.

When I'm using wifi it's basically unplayable. Every match is like that. My router is about 6 feet away. Over lan cable it's perfect. It's the only game I have issues with while playing online.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I don't know, but sometimes you just get TERRIBLE servers. Your ping can be great, but still it will be lagging like crazy (and my PS4 is always on LAN).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
When are you on? I think you're on my friends list but I don't often see you. I have to do my placement matches, but I'll probably be around Challenger II. I'm not as good as others here but I can hold my own. Gotten much better the past month or so, but hard to keep improving with random teammates.
Yeah I'm usually on in evenings UK time. Probably just a time zone thing for why we aren't ever on at the same time.

Consumer

Still haven't done my 10 placement matches; I'm nervous.

Any idea which division title a silver 3 would likely be assigned to?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Points don't necessarily mean you were the best player to be fair. Maybe you were. Maybe you weren't. But it's not a good way to judge and I'm glad it's not something the game takes in to account with the ranking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom