• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dribblers of NeoGAF, what camera height settings do you use? I'm getting much better control of my dribbles now and I'm able to get the ball to balance on top of my car much easier. But a major thing I'm struggling with is timing turns, jumps or flips because I often can't really see my opponent when they're in front of me. My car or the ball blocks my view. I'm just wondering if this could be because my cam height settings are too low.

I'm gonna quote this for new page because I'd like to know too

I played my first online match tonight. The first time I have played online since Motorstorm Apocalypse!
My team won 2-0 and I scored the second goal. Even match of players on the same level but I worry what it would be like against better players!
Amazing fun. Found that turning the ball camera off now and again let me have a better shot and ariel tasks were easier to pull off.

This game is something else.

I'd been playing the unranked matches for some time and finally decided to try doing some ranked. I'm still a little confused about what the difference between ranked standard (3v3) and ranked standard solo (3v3) is. I've tried to find this info, but my google-fu has failed me.

dot

I'd been playing the unranked matches for some time and finally decided to try doing some ranked. I'm still a little confused about what the difference between ranked standard (3v3) and ranked standard solo (3v3) is. I've tried to find this info, but my google-fu has failed me.

standard allows parties with friends

solo standard is just you

What do you do when your teammates cannot score for shit and will not defend either?

You try and score, and lose a goal since no defense, or stay defending and eventually lose due to never scoring.

What do you do when your teammates cannot score for shit and will not defend either?

You try and score, and lose a goal since no defense, or stay defending and eventually lose due to never scoring.

i just end up attempting to do all of the work myself and internally rage until the next game, or i just avoid 2v2 for the most part :x

TBiddy

So I've played my first 6 matches tonight. What a game this is. Well worth every penny! In one game I scored 4 goals and in another I made an "Epic Save!". More luck than skills, but I'll take it :p

So far, there hasn't been any negativity or hostility. But perhaps it's primarily a problem in ranked?

Soulflarz

Banned
So I've played my first 6 matches tonight. What a game this is. Well worth every penny! In one game I scored 4 goals and in another I made an "Epic Save!". More luck than skills, but I'll take it :p

So far, there hasn't been any negativity or hostility. But perhaps it's primarily a problem in ranked?

It's mid level ranked, where everyone swears they're good and their teammates are trash
This statement would only apply if people like acid/laz/pep/myself/flunkie/bernardo suddenly fell down to challenger 1 and wanted to hit our heads against a brick wall all day from bad teammates.

But yeah, 90% of the time people hating their teammates still miss on their own, or don't miss, but have terrible centers and therefore are making it impossible for their teammates to do anything :<

So yeah, mid level ranked.

edit: Subparbutinhd montage, also known as "be jealous of the wall of platinum crowns"

Soulflarz

Banned
Adding stupid faces at the end of posts doesn't make you less annoying, Soul.

In that case, hello to you too, nice person.

Sorry I meant
:
h
e
h
e
Cause you know, my last post didn't even have it at the end, nor the post before
Hell, I have one emoji on this page.

And you know, there's an ignore list if you don't like members, instead of calling them annoying in a thread. Sorry, not trying to be a dick, but ignore people if you don't like them, don't start stuff, etc.

In that case, hello to you too, nice person.

Sorry I meant
:
h
e
h
e
Cause you know, my last post didn't even have it at the end, nor the post before
Hell, I have one emoji on this page.

And you know, there's an ignore list if you don't like members, instead of calling them annoying in a thread. Sorry, not trying to be a dick, but ignore people if you don't like them, don't start stuff, etc.

You need to know because apparently you don't realize it. You complain about the same thing as others when it comes to teammates but you're justified because you're "good"? I'm curious who you think actually cares how much you don't whiff and why if they're mid-level then they're not in the right to complain. I'm sorry if your RL friends are idiots who make you feel special, but they're not the only ones allowed to complain. Not everyone needs your response.

Soulflarz

Banned
You need to know because apparently you don't realize it. You complain about the same thing as others when it comes to teammates but you're justified because you're "good"? I'm curious who you think actually cares how much you don't whiff and why if they're mid-level then they're not in the right to complain. I'm sorry if your RL friends are idiots who make you feel special, but they're not the only ones allowed to complain. Not everyone needs your response.

The hell are you talking about? I rarely even talk about my own matches in here
You mean this one post a week ago?

gonna try this solo standard thing ive never done lol
oh gosh
everyones so bad
edit: oh, literally bottom rank
this is going to get me so many smurf callouts
this is like showoff heaven

Yes, everyone is bad when you're a rising star and in the pre challenger divisions, I found it hilarious, hence showoff heaven/smurf callouts. This isn't being obnoxious or complaining about it, I'd have to be crazy to not expect a giant skill gap between new players and people who play weekly.
I'm not sitting there writing long rants in this thread about how people are at fault for my rank--it's my fault for doing random 2s all the time instead of playing with friends, and as such, I keep those "ugh this sucks" to friends.
If youre talking about some other situation where I'm complaining about my matches in here, you're mixing me up with someone, since the vast majority of my posts in here have been explaining that trueskill is fully based on w/l and a multiplier that determines how much each match is worth. Which you called me out on already, for some reason, even if people keep asking questions on it.
And if you're referring to the situation in which I just described, those people are rising star plus, so yes, I'm going to reasonably say in comparison to their rank that's a 'bad teammate'.

TL;DR I'm not complaining about bad teammates in ranked, nor do I care about ranked day to day vs getting good, don't call other gaffers idiots
they're all better than me at RL
, have a good day, still stop trying to start things.

edit: rereading my post
I said shouting at randoms in most situations isn't really valid unless you had some crazy rank drop. I'll stand my that, nor do I do it in thread. So nevermind, let me simplify this.
Stop baiting because you don't like me. Your grievances make no sense in reference to what I'm actually posting.

Ran rp

thanks for reminding me to use the ignore feature, soul!

This was my problem last season. This season most of my teammates have been competent though so I haven't really had any complaints. Outside of games with trolling teammates all of my losses have felt 100% deserved. Not sure if it's because of something that changed with matchmaking or not.

Edit: Placement games were a mess, though.

I've unlocked everything on the XB1 that is shown, so is that it?

I saw someone driving round with a donut antenna on a random yt video, secret stuff?

I want a donut.

Soulflarz

Banned
I've unlocked everything on the XB1 that is shown, so is that it?

I saw someone driving round with a donut antenna on a random yt video, secret stuff?

I want a donut.

RNG items. They work on a percentage of dropping- the more you play, the higher the chance, till an item drops, then the percent goes back down.
You can get duplicates of these items too, which is notable in case you get say, 10 donuts, but none of the toppers you want.

rafaelr

there´s a new stats tracking site, which in addition to your totals also shows your rank, goals, etc. progress/decline over time
http://rocketleague.tracker.network/

they have even implemented their own skill value (detailed explanation coming soon hopefully):
You get lots of points for winning, some points for assists, and we use those numbers in combination w/ your Season 2 behind the scenes rank, to get a score.

Thought I linked this here.

Soon.
Ccf7vnUUkAI-JTZ.jpg:large

DD

So, this funny thing just happened to my in this game. I started a 1 vs 1 ranked match and scored a goal right at the beginning. Then the other guy said something like "I'm gona win this. Just watch", and I sent a ":D" to him. Then I scored a second goal, but latter he scored his first. "Now I'm gonna score three in a row", he said, but in fact the first guy to reach three goals in that match was me, and then I scored the fourth. And then he quits.

I set the game to find me another match, and it sets me in another 1 vs 1 ranked match. Against who? The same fucking guy! He sees me again ans says: "I'm gonna win this time". We started playing, he scored, I scored, but when I was winning by 4 x 2 he quits again.

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

It's ok to be good and not be a dick about it. It really is.

Sure, in a way it motivates me to get better to beat your sorry ass, but during that moment all it does is piss me off.

I know. Get better.

Rembrandt

Banned
Solo 3s means there are no parties allowed. Normal 3s allows parties

that's good to know. i was curious about the difference. will definitely play more ranked solo standard. i'm glad there's the option between the two. more games should have it.

So, this funny thing just happened to my in this game. I started a 1 vs 1 ranked match and scored a goal right at the beginning. Then the other guy said something like "I'm gona win this. Just watch", and I sent a ":D" to him. Then I scored a second goal, but latter he scored his first. "Now I'm gonna score three in a row", he said, but in fact the first guy to reach three goals in that match was me, and then I scored the fourth. And then he quits.

I set the game to find me another match, and it sets me in another 1 vs 1 ranked match. Against who? The same fucking guy! He sees me again ans says: "I'm gonna win this time". We started playing, he scored, I scored, but when I was winning by 4 x 2 he quits again.

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

always a great feeling.

I need people on GAF to play with! My GT is on my profile. Feel free to add me anytime. Just send me a message saying you're from GAF so I know. Don't have to send username if you don't want.

Just wanted to say that I am loving the game since it released on Xbox one. I have played everyday and enjoying every second of it. Cannot wait to see the surprise that is in store for tomorrow! If anyone is ever wanting to play I am more than open to new Rocket buds. Add me! Gt- pC Viscosity

Looks like today's announcement may be E-Sports related. One of the big Streamers was told by "someone" to get a team together..they are going to want a team. I wonder if they will go with their own events or piggyback on something else's. I'd love to see it at Dreamhack.

bombshell

Rocket League Championship Series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BeelCXxL9s

Grab two friends and form a three-person team, then register starting March 25 to compete in the first season of the Rocket League Championship Series! Each RLCS season will span three months and feature teams from all over North America and Europe. The top-four teams in each region will be invited to compete at a live International Finals event for a shot at glory and their piece of the $75,000 prize pool!

http://www.rocketleagueesports.com/

Stike

I am not saying I am championship material, but I'd like to finally find some people who want to play with me. I am tired of randoms. The new ranking system helped so that bad players/trolls don't pull you down a lot, but I would really appreciate having actual teammates to talk to.

Preferably Europe, due to timezones trouble etc :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom