• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollocks

So I guess it is time to remap air roll and elevate my game.
Finally got promoted to Challenger Elite and now I see people adjusting their car in mid air.
Standard way is L1 right?

lord pie

Looking through some my older replays and found this pretty nice goal :)

http://realtime.lighting/dump/rl2.mp4
(followed by a pretty awful bot own goal :p)

I only really play standard unranked, last night I had someone who I occasionally play against say that it was always nice to play with me, which made me feel good. I know randoms can be complete arse's sometimes but they can also be great :)

Soulflarz

Banned
So I guess it is time to remap air roll and elevate my game.
Finally got promoted to Challenger Elite and now I see people adjusting their car in mid air.
Standard way is L1 right?

yepyep
air roll isnt needed for aerial adjustment though in the sense you're seeing, thats turning the whole car

Arnold15

Neo Member
Are they planning on adding minigames like bowling and stuff like that? With the physics already in place, they can go real dumb on it in the future. Like Crazy Taxi dumb.

akileese

Anyone else play the xbox version and have issues with it running like hot garbage? I saw a few threads on the subreddit but no real response from Psionix about when a patch may come. Totally unoptimized, godawful lag spikes, horrid FPS, rubber banding, etc. Trying to play 4s is near impossible and if you get wasteland, god help you. We all had the same issue last night where we were getting about 10 FPS on that map.

It's a shame because I always brag to my xbox friends how amazing this game is and now that they have it, it feels like nothing more than a cash grab. The real cherry on the turd sunday is every now and then everyone gets disconnected at the end of the match before the scoreboard.

I think I'm going to abandon XB1 until they push an optimization patch and just stick to PS4/PC.

Why would you even bother to say stop to a person like that who's blatantly trolling and obviously not going to listen? Use the mute button instead lol.

Anyone else play the xbox version and have issues with it running like hot garbage? I saw a few threads on the subreddit but no real response from Psionix about when a patch may come. Totally unoptimized, godawful lag spikes, horrid FPS, rubber banding, etc. Trying to play 4s is near impossible and if you get wasteland, god help you. We all had the same issue last night where we were getting about 10 FPS on that map.

It's a shame because I always brag to my xbox friends how amazing this game is and now that they have it, it feels like nothing more than a cash grab. The real cherry on the turd sunday is every now and then everyone gets disconnected at the end of the match before the scoreboard.

I think I'm going to abandon XB1 until they push an optimization patch and just stick to PS4/PC.
I have been playing daily since release on Xbone and have not experienced any of this.

akileese

I have been playing daily since release on Xbone and have not experienced any of this.

What modes are you playing? I've got vsync and weather effects off. Most of the time it's fine in 1s, but can get pretty bad without warning. 4s are completely unplayable and 3s are bad in utopia and wasteland.

I play only 3v3's and 4v4's, the latter a lot more, apart from some rubber banding, I've experienced no major frame drops.

Soulflarz

Banned
Haven't gotten much of a chance to play in uhmm...
I played once last week. Besides that, half a month :x

Welp, this sucks.
Worried at this rate I'm going to come back and it'll take a few days before I even get used to the game again :/

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm rising star in 1v1 and 2v2 but I just can't seem to get close to there in 3v3. It's all so chaotic. There's something about the dynamic of this mode that I guess I don't get. So much harder to play.

DD

Just had an unpleasant encounter with a hot boy from Rocket League! He thinks he's so hot... Look, he's doing aerials! OH MY GOSH! He misses the ball and we take a goal. "Stay on the defense", he say to me, not even noticing that I usually do play on the defense, and that I moved forward expecting him to do something. Ok, let's keep focused. But OH, LOOK! HE'S DOING POINTLESS AERIALS AGAIN!!! ALL THE FUCKIN' TIME! We took another goal. "Why aren't you on the defense?!" He cries. WHY DO YOU KEEP PLAYING LIKE AN IDIOT, YOU MORON?, I feel the urge to ask, but I stay quiet. I wonder if he thinks that playing alone against two opponents would do the trick, since he expected me to stay grounded at our own goal. He keeps doing nothing. I go out and we took another goal. He quits. Enjoy your 15 minutes ban. I stayed there til the end, doing a hell of work against the other two guys. They even say "gg" at the end. But I guess the problem was me...

Nete

Crown & Jewels with the comeback (What a saves!, Flipsid3 :p).

9th and final game starting right now.

EDIT: OH MY.

J. Bravo

Win like 10 seconds into ot. Jesus.

Mike is gonna be even more depressed on stream. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully he still plays at all. I say this because he's been feeling like he's shit at the game. He's just having trouble adapting to idiot ballchasers lol.

Aaaand another report. Started the match saying "take the shot" to the guy closer to the ball. He does't, and then we took a goal. It's alright, it happens all the time. I sent "take the shot" again, cuz he was closer to the ball. He didn't, and then I proced to make an "epic defense". He tries to forfeit. Forfait my ass, with 5 minutes on the clock and just one goal agains us. I don't quit not even if I'm losing by 10! Then the guy starts purposely to shot against our own goal. I mean, WTF?! 2x0 for them. It's alright, let's concentrate on my game. He goes and shoots purposely against our goal again.

Why.jpg

Report the idiot for unsportsmanlike conduct and quit the game. Now I'm banned for 15 minutes. I'm so fuckin' happy!

I seem to find these type of players a lot. I assume it's cos I'm lowish rank, took a break from game and only just started this ranked season last week. But it hard to rank up because keep running into these asshats.

Annoyances of mine

- Players who never defend
- Players who never defend and cannot score for shit
- Players who say "Defending" before rushing to the opponent goal area 10s seconds later, leaving no defense.
- I say 'centering' set up a ball to go from edge to enemy goal, only no one to score because it turns out they're up my arse.
- Players who just have to hit the ball however they can, doesn't matter where it is going, who has a better angle, or if it better to just leave it.
- Nearest kick-off players don't go for ball.
- Furthest kick-off player not sitting in goal for 5 seconds to make sure no lucky kick-off goal.
- You're defending, about to save, and WHACK from your teammate who drives into you.

And lastly, unless you just did something absolutely amazing to score, skip the fucking replay.

Ran rp

the single most annoying thing about this game is people not skipping replays in 1v1s

edit: ^ sometimes people aren't paying attention at the start of the game and you gotta bump into them to get their attention

- Players who just have to hit the ball however they can, doesn't matter where it is going, who has a better angle, or if it better to just leave it.

This is my biggest annoyance... Drives me crazy when somebody just has to always hit the ball at all tims. I have a friend who is always trying to do bicycle kicks at all times .. and he'll get meager contact, it'll do nothing, and he'll announced "OH! BICYCLE KICK!" while the opponent is cruising by him with the ball attacking goal.

Same guy who celebrates every "First touch" as if it's a good thing... He'll get every first touch and the ball will ricochet off the opponent back towards our goal as he's in the opponents goal totally out of place.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hey dorks. If any of you guys live in the Bay Area, there is an unofficial Tournament at the AFK lounge. I am bringing up a bunch of swag from the office for Prizes and my VGM cover band is playing. Come meet up and party with me!

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/12779212_1113676068683184_986832939513635705_o.jpg
Would love to but am busy that weekend, though San Jose is bit far for me anyway.

Talk to the ShowdownGG people about getting a Rocket League tournament set up for their Folsom St. Foundry events. I've been bugging them forever about it but they never take me seriously.

Hi people.

I've been playing this game for a few weeks and I don't think I'm too bad. Not a pro by any means but I guess can act quickly in the right moment to score a goal when nobody sees it coming.

Playing ranked with strangers is cool but it gets really annoying sometimes. I often end up being MVP but sometimes I just can't win a game "alone". It's sad when you lose your rank after a while because you got thrown into a beginner team against some total wizards.
– Still, I love this game. Do you guys actually add the Neogaf members in that list on page 1? Thinking about adding myself to that. I play for fun. I'm always Trying to learn new stuff, of course.

imBask

Banned
Hi people.

I've been playing this game for a few weeks and I don't think I'm too bad. Not a pro by any means but I guess can act quickly in the right moment to score a goal when nobody sees it coming.

Playing ranked with strangers is cool but it gets really annoying sometimes. I often end up being MVP but sometimes I just can't win a game "alone". It's sad when you lose your rank after a while because you got thrown into a beginner team against some total wizards.
– Still, I love this game. Do you guys actually add the Neogaf members in that list on page 1? Thinking about adding myself to that. I play for fun. I'm always Trying to learn new stuff, of course.

it shouldn't be "sad". You're playing a team game with randoms, you're bound to lose a lot of game and climbing the ladder will be a grind. Just play to have fun friend, not to flash your hot ranking tag

it shouldn't be "sad". You're playing a team game with randoms, you're bound to lose a lot of game and climbing the ladder will be a grind. Just play to have fun friend, not to flash your hot ranking tag

I'm still sad when I lose my new ranking...*snief* :D Not in a very serious way, of course. The game is too much fun for that. I rarely get truly frustrated because it all goes by so fast. I'm definitely playing for fun, not sport. :)

imBask

Banned
I'm still sad when I lose my new ranking...*snief* :D Not in a very serious way, of course. The game is too much fun for that. I rarely get truly frustrated because it all goes by so fast. I'm definitely playing for fun, not sport. :)

That's the spirit!

Now don't forget to spam What a save! when your teammates fuck up, and vote forfeit at 1-0

That's the spirit!

Now don't forget to spam What a save! when your teammates fuck up, and vote forfeit at 1-0

I had enough people do that to me, haha! Also more than a few "noob team omg". Hey man, sorry I'm no Zidane! I still have scored more goals than you, ha!

I used to be scared of flying cars. I still can't do it... Mostly those dudes aren't even that dangerous. It looks cool, though!

LordofPwn

just watched the grand final matches from the tournament that was going on yesterday.

why isn't rocket league on ESPN?

they have millions of users, most people that haven't played rocket league can watch it and immediately know what's going on. games are pretty fast. the vocabulary is fairly small.

it has mass appeal written all over it, way more than any moba.

so what gives?

if you want to make E-Sports happen i would think rocket league is your golden ticket.

TheDanimal

just watched the grand final matches from the tournament that was going on yesterday.

they have millions of users, most people that haven't played rocket league can watch it and immediately know what's going on. games are pretty fast. the vocabulary is fairly small.

so what gives?

if you want to make E-Sports happen i would think rocket league is your golden ticket.

This makes a lot of sense to me, and I'd love for this to happen.
However, I don't know if it really has the viewership yet. I went to watch the semis of the RLC playoffs yesterday and there were only like 6k people watching.
(I could be way off base, but that's just my observation).

so what gives?

Couldn't agree more. I've never had much desire to watch E-sports before but I would love to sit down and watch some high level RL tournaments.

Soulflarz

Banned
Pro RL doesn't have the viewership for TV
It's not even like pro smash or csgo or w/e- people just want to see the highlights, while in the case of smash or csgo or such, people honestly enjoy watching every moment.

imBask

Banned
I hope the 75k tournament will put the competitive scene on the map a little more. They need to do a good job on the promotion and get the twitch community hyped

LordofPwn

as far as viewership goes, i get that. You need the audience numbers to justify air time and to secure advertisers.

what i see though is cheap TV broadcasting rights and an investment opportunity.

IDK, maybe i should just make a graphics package mock-up and demo broadcast and pitch it to a network.

Note: i actually quite enjoyed the commentary during the finals, everything else could have been better but they did a great job with the limitations they had.

EDIT: Read up on the championship series and it seems twitch has exclusive broadcast rights for Rocket League. kinda kills all of the plans i just envisioned... o well. will be keeping my eye out for it.
EDIT2: twitch just has the rights to the official championship series.

The RL scene is in it's infancy. RLCS I hope will out it on the map. Partnering with Twitch is great. People just needs to see how awesome it is to watch for it to get more views.

Crosspost
12 am

Hey everyone,
We are gearing up to let the world take the Batmobile for a spin and we couldn't be more excited to see the community play with such an iconic addition to the Rocket League garage. Due to the fact that we are rolling out patches on three different platforms I just wanted to make a quick post detailing the roll-out schedule.

We are set to start the process of rolling out the patch around 4pm PST/12am UTC. Players on all platforms and all regions should see the patch available for download sometime within the hour. Players may see a version mismatch error message which is an indication that the patch is ready to be downloaded. If you see this message close the application and download the patch.

Although players will download the update, they may not be able to purchase the DLC immediately. The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Car Pack will become available to purchase at different times depending on your platform and region. See details below.

Steam/PC - Players should be able to download the DLC in the Steam store immediately at 12am UTC.

PlayStation 4 - Players will be able to purchase the DLC at 12am local time. For players in Europe/Australia that should be immediately.

Xbox One - Players will be able to purchase the DLC at 12am local time. For players in Europe/Australia that should be immediately.

Due to the process of publishing on different platforms, the times above may vary slightly. Hopefully that clarifies things a little bit. We hope you all enjoy the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Car Pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom