• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else getting crazy lag spikes during matches since the recent patch? This game is almost unplayable for me now.
I am. The PS4 framerate is better, and the lag as a whole is better, but once or twice a match I'll get a lag spike that lasts a good 3 seconds. Luckily it hasn't cost me yet.

GeeTeeCee

No matter how much I experiment with the camera settings, there's always a moment in each match where it looks like I'm 100% guaranteed to hit the ball before an opponent, only to find that as I draw closer to the ball it becomes obviously clear that I was always going to be second. Or I'm trying to hit an aerial and what seemed like a guaranteed hit ends with me sailing clear under or over the ball. Not sure how to mitigate this particular issue.

I was excited about the batmobile, but in game is different from what was shown in the trailer.
I mean, to me, this
Cc-5nqTUEAAt1YB.jpg:large
is different than this
talking about the grey-ish color

No matter how much I experiment with the camera settings, there's always a moment in each match where it looks like I'm 100% guaranteed to hit the ball before an opponent, only to find that as I draw closer to the ball it becomes obviously clear that I was always going to be second. Or I'm trying to hit an aerial and what seemed like a guaranteed hit ends with me sailing clear under or over the ball. Not sure how to mitigate this particular issue.
Bring your FOV / Camera distance down. That's really the best way to eliminate these situations as much as possible.

Ran rp

find something you're comfortable with and just keep practicing. i play with max fov and i think default distance and it isn't much of a problem anymore since i kept at it and can more accurately judge distances now.

J. Bravo

Literally play more and get good. React faster. Try not to be a detrimental ballchaser tho lolol.

I was excited about the batmobile, but in game is different from what was shown in the trailer.
I mean, to me, this

is different than this

talking about the grey-ish color

Maybe it darkens when you change it to the same shade of blue? I think the delorean lightens up when putting it to yellow as well IIRC

DjRalford

Rocket Leagues matchmaking has been driving me crazy lately, when i want to play some rocket league i start the game, search, and generally end up dumped into a game where my team is already 4 goals down with about 1 minute to go.

Hey ho, i play it out and think the follow up game will be a fresh start, but no no no, at the end of the match most of the people leave meaning i get to go into freeplay mode waiting for a new game, trouble is this mode can take anything from a minute to a few minutes before it finds players to start a fresh round, so i search for a new game.

This is my life in rocket league now

10 join the new game, 90% of the time a few goals down, with a minute to go,
20 stay and see the game out for next game
30 Game ends
40 most of the people leave
50 put into freeplay mode, search for new game.
Goto 10

Its never ending, and drives me nuts, on the rare occasion i will get put in a game and both teams will stay with enough players for 5 - 10 constant games, but the majority of the time its as above.

Dr Prob

Banned
To the above: yeah. Really liked unranked for quite a while [I'll be repeating myself here, sorry to those who have been reading all along] as you could get to know the tendencies of your teammates/opponents, build little rivalries, make friends and engage in some fun jokes/trash-talking - it was neat! But over time it turned into something else with people just quitting left and right with little cohesiveness and ranked just seemed to be time better spent as at least you'll get something more closely resembling actual games most of the time.

rotating scoreboard late at night is gonna make me throw up

In that reddit thread someone said they're looking into it, and Psyonix has been doing a great job so I'm sure they'll get it sorted. But it's rough atm. Bugs the hell out of me and I imagine it's far worse for people who have trouble with that kind of thing on a more regular basis.

tch

Sigh. My save was corrupted and somehow it wasn't backed up in the cloud. Still have my items but my camera settings are back to default and I have no idea how I had them before and it's so much different. Any suggestions for some good settings?

Kayant

Sigh. My save was corrupted and somehow it wasn't backed up in the cloud. Still have my items but my camera settings are back to default and I have no idea how I had them before and it's so much different. Any suggestions for some good settings?

As someone who has messed around with settings a lot!. I would suggest trying some of the popular ones from pros/streamers and tweaking from there -

Lachinio settings - http://www.psyonix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11460

Team Rocket(Doomsee, Cole, Fyshokid) -
Plus a video on tweaking and ball cam usage

Also this - https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeag...era_settings_of_certain_pros_andor_streamers/

That would be a pretty good tag inside rocket league.

We can actually put in any tag for any player on our end. I requested "Stupid Artist" as mine..but I don't think they take me seriously. D:

So what do i gotta do to get a tag and a flag in the game huh? One of my YouTube videos has 15 views. Is that enough?

Ran rp

To the above: yeah. Really liked unranked for quite a while [I'll be repeating myself here, sorry to those who have been reading all along] as you could get to know the tendencies of your teammates/opponents, build little rivalries, make friends and engage in some fun jokes/trash-talking - it was neat! But over time it turned into something else with people just quitting left and right with little cohesiveness and ranked just seemed to be time better spent as at least you'll get something more closely resembling actual games most of the time.

In that reddit thread someone said they're looking into it, and Psyonix has been doing a great job so I'm sure they'll get it sorted. But it's rough atm. Bugs the hell out of me and I imagine it's far worse for people who have trouble with that kind of thing on a more regular basis.

yep. can't remember the last time i touched unranked, and I never play ranked multiplayer in games.

Grinchy

Banned
I've actually gotten back into unranked lately. I find that when I stay in a room long enough, the quitters quit, and the people who are just trying to have some fun stick around. I've gotten a ton of really fun groups together this way. Some light trash talk, some jokes, ect. It's a lot of fun compared to getting overly serious about what rank I am.

Soulflarz

Banned
That would be a pretty good tag inside rocket league.

We can actually put in any tag for any player on our end. I requested "Stupid Artist" as mine..but I don't think they take me seriously. D:

Can you please make mine "Begged Psyonix for a Tag" because that'd be hilarious
please

imBask

Banned
I've actually gotten back into unranked lately. I find that when I stay in a room long enough, the quitters quit, and the people who are just trying to have some fun stick around. I've gotten a ton of really fun groups together this way. Some light trash talk, some jokes, ect. It's a lot of fun compared to getting overly serious about what rank I am.

the secret of ranked is not to care about your stupid rank

Soulflarz

Banned
the secret of ranked is not to care about your stupid rank

This
Especially if you plan to improve.

For pre challenger, work on basic shots.
In challenger- where you'll be stuck the longest as you learn to never miss, work on consistency and don't be afraid to take bad aerials- you learn how to do more than just lazily hit the ball through consistent attempts, and hopefully you'll eventually miss very few. Then you do whatever to get past that, I dunno, I only got to rising star >_>

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Bought the Batmobile. It's cool, and sounds cool, but I don't really like using it. It's mainly the odd shape. Went back to my trusty Takumi pretty quickly. Still, happy to support Psyonix with these DLC purchases.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
How does matchmaking work in unranked? Since getting the steam version I've barely touched unranked, but when I do the people I get matched with are waaaaaay below my level. I have 40 hours in the steam version now, most of that being in ranked, but yeah it's not matching me with appropriate opponents in unranked.

Meanwhile playing the game round my mates house who has way less play time than this, though he exclusively plays unranked, and the people I got matched with were way higher than what I get matched with on my PC. Also it's worth noting my mate isn't very good. Definitely way below the people he's matched with in unranked in skill.

Soulflarz

Banned
How does matchmaking work in unranked? Since getting the steam version I've barely touched unranked, but when I do the people I get matched with are waaaaaay below my level. I have 40 hours in the steam version now, most of that being in ranked, but yeah it's not matching me with appropriate opponents in unranked.

Meanwhile playing the game round my mates house who has way less play time than this, though he exclusively plays unranked, and the people I got matched with were way higher than what I get matched with on my PC. Also it's worth noting my mate isn't very good. Definitely way below the people he's matched with in unranked in skill.

Same as normal, it just has a different trueskill value than ranked, the numbers are individual. Just roadkill everyone for an hour and you'll be very high up.

GeeTeeCee

Anyone else noticing sounds effects playing between menus and loading screens, ever since the latest patch? I boot the game up from the PS4 menu and there's the sound of a boost explosion or something before the Psyonix logo.

Bought the Batmobile. It's cool, and sounds cool, but I don't really like using it. It's mainly the odd shape. Went back to my trusty Takumi pretty quickly. Still, happy to support Psyonix with these DLC purchases.

After a couple of games to get used to it, I ripped off a bunch of wins over two nights with the Batmobile. It seems longer and wider than the other cars, though maybe the top-view camera angle in the garage could be misleading. Feels both odd and comfortable at the same time. Turns quickly, but the power slide tends to go sideways a bit longer than I'd like.

I swear I've won most of my kickoffs in 3s and 2s with it, when I usually lose them instead (in the Dominus and Breakout, the latter of which is pretty long as well). Even if it was somehow OP for kickoffs, it's probably too low to be good at dribbling. Though I wouldn't know since I can't dribble to save my life!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I guess I'm just gonna have to learn to live with the fact that this game no longer runs properly on my potato.
Is it really a potato? Because my doubles partner is having serious issues with the game and his build is very good. He can run ROTTR on max settings at like 90fps so he says but gets really bad slowdown on Rocket League for some reason.

Soulflarz

Banned
Is it really a potato? Because my doubles partner is having serious issues with the game and his build is very good. He can run ROTTR on max settings at like 90fps so he says but gets really bad slowdown on Rocket League for some reason.

That....can't be right.

Whats he running it at, 4k? I'm easily maxing the game on a 980 and I can't max RotTR.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
That....can't be right.

Whats he running it at, 4k? I'm easily maxing the game on a 980 and I can't max RotTR.
He says he's even tried lowering various settings as well as the resolution and it makes no difference. He even says that the fps counter says the framerate is fine when the slowdown occurs.

I don't understand. He also has a 980 by the way.

Soulflarz

Banned
He says he's even tried lowering various settings as well as the resolution and it makes no difference. He even says that the fps counter says the framerate is fine when the slowdown occurs.

I don't understand. He also has a 980 by the way.

Yeah, look into his CPU or other issues, somethings not right there.

On a side note, you can't max RotTR on a 980 and get 90FPS, not at all. You couldn't even before they added more options, now the new options kill your VRAM too hard to even go near maxing it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah, look into his CPU or other issues, somethings not right there.

On a side note, you can't max RotTR on a 980 and get 90FPS, not at all. You couldn't even before they added more options, now the new options kill your VRAM too hard to even go near maxing it.
I'm just repeating what he told me. Maybe he's exaggerating.

Soulflarz

Banned
All the DLC besides the OST and the Batmobile rings up for $6.72 at GMG with Rocket20 as your code
Great deal if you wanted:
Revenge of the Battle-Cars
Back to the Future Car
Chaos Run
Supersonic Fury

Works on any/all of them
There, finally bought them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom