• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Maybe with Rocket ping pong it'll just be Sportscarz

:lol

Semantics and all, but I always found it silly when people say it's soccer, since someone in the conversation who doesn't want to try it usually cuts in with a "but I don't like soccer so I won't like Rocket League!"

Hale-XF11

Is it really a potato? Because my doubles partner is having serious issues with the game and his build is very good. He can run ROTTR on max settings at like 90fps so he says but gets really bad slowdown on Rocket League for some reason.

My CPU is a fairly old AMD dual core and is my greatest bottleneck. Game ran just fine before the last couple of patches, but ever since then, it crashes a lot and stutters constantly. Framerate is just horrible. This is with everything turned down to the lowest settings. I sent a crash report, but I have no clue if they got it or not or are doing anything with it.

bjaelke

All the DLC besides the OST and the Batmobile rings up for $6.72 at GMG with Rocket20 as your code
Great deal if you wanted:
Revenge of the Battle-Cars
Back to the Future Car
Chaos Run
Supersonic Fury

Works on any/all of them
There, finally bought them.

Waiting on the goty edition before I double dip although this does look tempting.

AcridMeat

Banned
I switched back to the breakout after a long long long long break from it, and wow. I am making so many more aerial plays etc etc. It's nuts.
091C94E6C4D0768966730602226DF73B5373DBDF

I hate this shitty ranked system.

I want to play with players who aren't dipshits, but I can't because I keep getting teamed with dipshits so I cannot rank up and out of reach of them.

lem0n

Hi! Is anyone interested in playing with a complete noob? I just bought it and only a couple of my Steam friends own the game. My Steam account name is .:Schwifty, if you want to add me please do!!

Excited to play some rocket league for the first time since Sunday. Wonder how badly I'm gonna suck hahaha

Since Sunday? Is that the longest break you've taken? I usually feel really good after breaks, whether it's 5 days or 15. Don't shy away from them in fear that you're going to go backwards in skill or something.

J. Bravo

I'm friends with that guy on ps4. I think he might be on gaf also. He's gotten pretty good haha.
Since Sunday? Is that the longest break you've taken? I usually feel really good after breaks, whether it's 5 days or 15. Don't shy away from them in fear that you're going to go backwards in skill or something.
Yeah it probably is the longest. Been in Chicago. I'm sure I'll be fine, but the tutorial might actually not be a bad way to warm up my fingers

Unicorn

Returned after a week vacation and I've just gotten even worse. At this rate I probably play as well as when I had a week under my belt. If this trend continues I'll be playing worse than day one :(

My nieces BF is a PS4 player top ranked in every division. He just got a PC and I played a few games with him last night....damn. He could hit it in the goal from anywhere in the field and was freestyling aerials all game. He says since he is starting over on PC he feels bad being matched up against lower ranked players and explains to them it's a new account and apologizes. I've never played with someone that good before but it's actually amazing to watch.

Can they focus on a few patches on bug fixes or adding the little stuff people want? Like quality of life stuff like custom training, load outs for team colours, that sort of thing. New content is great but the smaller stuff is lacking attention and that's the sort of thing I love in a developer.

Can they focus on a few patches on bug fixes or adding the little stuff people want? Like quality of life stuff like custom training, load outs for team colours, that sort of thing. New content is great but the smaller stuff is lacking attention and that's the sort of thing I love in a developer.

Every update has added a ton of stuff players wanted. They said they are working on loadouts just trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

Unicorn

My nieces BF is a PS4 player top ranked in every division. He just got a PC and I played a few games with him last night....damn. He could hit it in the goal from anywhere in the field and was freestyling aerials all game. He says since he is starting over on PC he feels bad being matched up against lower ranked players and explains to them it's a new account and apologizes. I've never played with someone that good before but it's actually amazing to watch.
How'd he get good?

How'd he get good?
Played 9 hours a day since launch with friends who also played a lot. The better they got the better the competition and the more they learned. Just consistancy I guess. He also goes in free play alot to practice dribbling and stuff.

I just hit 500 hours but most of it has been in casual or dicking around with friends so my play reflects that.

Unicorn

I'm at 270 hours and sometimes lose to pros, and I'm expert so I should have the time under my belt to know better.

Then again I never get an opportunity to play with others that are good. Salsa and others that used to play with me are now so far ahead skill wise I feel bad playing with them.

I'm at 270 hours and sometimes lose to pros, and I'm expert so I should have the time under my belt to know better.

Then again I never get an opportunity to play with others that are good. Salsa and others that used to play with me are now so far ahead skill wise I feel bad playing with them.
I'm the same way. I actually feel bad for teammates. I long removed my master tag cause of the hate it brought my way. Very slow learner.

Holy cow. So I had this on PS4 when it was free with PS+ and really enjoyed it.

It was on sale this month so I snagged it for PC. I'm shocked how beautiful this game is. And still just as fun.

Are there problems with the servers or something? It shows 50 000 + people "online" but only 17 in my ranked playlist. What's up with that? I can't seem to connect to any game right now.

Steam user here.

GeeTeeCee

Yep.

Currently waiting for matches across 3v3, Chaos, and Rocket Labs on thr Euro servers. It thinks there are only 42 people in these playlists.

Oh well, back to Yakuza 5 I go...

Cappa

Banned
same here..... I went to their forums and their absolutely no one complaining about it so I figured it was just me.

Decided to check twitter and GAF thread and well, nope not just me.

I'm on PS4.

luffeN

Another Steam player reporting in. I am in Europe. About 30 people in the 3on3 ranked playlists.

Edit: It doesn't even matter which region I search in. Always the same number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom