• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
IncompatibleIgnorantAlaskajingle.gif

J. Bravo

Had a game I played so well my partner asked if I was looking for a team. If I played that well every game I'd be a planet star or whatever

TheKeyPit

Banned
I think that I've reached a point where playing alone doesn't make fun any more. I'll have to wait for my friends to be online to touch this game again.

What's the highest amount of goals y'all have scored in one game?

Had a game with 7 earlier in 3v3. Teammates didn't help at all lol. We squeaked out an 8-7 win.

What's the highest amount of goals y'all have scored in one game?

Had a game with 7 earlier in 3v3. Teammates didn't help at all lol. We squeaked out an 8-7 win.
I think I'm topped at 7 or 8. Usually forfeits come in strong and early around four or five individual goals so it's rare to get that high nowadays.

Dominator

My brother just got the game, wanted to play me 1v1. Now, he knows I play a lot and he told me not to hold back. I won 24-1, and he only scored 1 goal because I let him towards the end lol

He was getting mad at me but hey, he asked for it. Then we played a few where I let him hit the ball around and get some wall play and some flight. I'm by no means great but it feels good to teach people and help a little. I'm doing the same with a friend who also just got the game. We've been playing a lot of 2v2 matches and he thinks I'm a ball hog but he misses 90% of his shot and I want to win lol

I let him try a few times but if he starts stinking I take over. I set up shots for him so perfectly and he whiffs lol I don't mind though I was just as bad in the beginning.

My brother just got the game, wanted to play me 1v1. Now, he knows I play a lot and he told me not to hold back. I won 24-1, and he only scored 1 goal because I let him towards the end lol

He was getting mad at me but hey, he asked for it. Then we played a few where I let him hit the ball around and get some wall play and some flight. I'm by no means great but it feels good to teach people and help a little. I'm doing the same with a friend who also just got the game. We've been playing a lot of 2v2 matches and he thinks I'm a ball hog but he misses 90% of his shot and I want to win lol

I let him try a few times but if he starts stinking I take over. I set up shots for him so perfectly and he whiffs lol I don't mind though I was just as bad in the beginning.

Add me on PSN. I think we can get along well.

RJN is my ID on PSN.

Makeda

Great, get kicked from a game I'm winning due to Rocket Leauges servers and booted back to the main menu... I then try to rejoin the game and get a server error, subsequently get a matchmaking ban for 'leaving'

For fuck sake.

Mimosa97

Why would you schedule maintenance in the afternoon ?

Ffs ... I was in the middle of a 2v2 winning streak with some brazilian kid I have just met an hour ago. I had to use google translate to explain to him what was happening lol. Kid was panicking lol

moop1167

So frustrating playing with randoms. I am fairly good but have trouble with certain types of shots, but when something goes wrong they just start blaming you for everything. Then they sit there insulting you while you keep playing and everything goes to shit.

I'll post this in the RCLS topic too, but if anyone needs a teammate for the tournament, I'm game for it. Challenger II in solo standard. Can play defense, setup, or striker. Solid at aerials, working on my wall game, but can't dribble. I play 2s and occasionally 1s to help me slow down and focus on my hits. Very good understanding of rotational play.

I'm on PSN (Optimus_Prime), but can play on my potato laptop if needed. Let me know if interested, and we can play some games to see how we play together. I'm avaliable after 7pm EDT most evenings and just about anytime on weekends. Thanks!

shmoglish

So frustrating playing with randoms. I am fairly good but have trouble with certain types of shots, but when something goes wrong they just start blaming you for everything. Then they sit there insulting you while you keep playing and everything goes to shit.
It is always like that. One small mistake from you>>>>>>> thousand big mistakes from your mate. Just don't give a fuck.

TheKeyPit

Banned
With over 130 hours on Xbox One I can say that the community is so far pretty good. Sometimes you'll see "What a save!" after someone screwed up, but I haven't encountered anything bad where they do you down.

ps3ud0

Man Im finding RL hard of late, my abilities just seem to be there one minute and non-existent the next (takes me a fair few games to get my eye in). Id like not to play with randoms as much but feel Im too much of a liability at time to play with people off here...

Kinda tough when you arent really crap but then cant really offer much other than utility. I really should stop playing non-competitive...

ps3ud0 8)

I'll post this in the RCLS topic too, but if anyone needs a teammate for the tournament, I'm game for it. Challenger II in solo standard. Can play defense, setup, or striker. Solid at aerials, working on my wall game, but can't dribble. I play 2s and occasionally 1s to help me slow down and focus on my hits. Very good understanding of rotational play.

I'm on PSN (Optimus_Prime), but can play on my potato laptop if needed. Let me know if interested, and we can play some games to see how we play together. I'm avaliable after 7pm EDT most evenings and just about anytime on weekends. Thanks!
Lets play tonight on PSN?
I will be on at 5:45 Pacific.

Bollocks

PSY・S;199011716 said:
well, i've finally reached master level. been playing since launch lol.

good for you, solo 3's, I just went from almost challenger elite to challenger 2 in on sitting o_O
idk what changed recently but I got the worst teammates imaginable. it's like a different tier of players all of a sudden, no ball is being centered, my 2 teammates chase after me on the breakaway with the ball and they are unable to clear easy lobs.

while being challenger 2 I get paired with a challenger 3 pro, while the other team gets a challenger 2 pro, my pro finishes with 80!! points while the other one gets the mvp.
how can that guy be challenger 3. while I sink because the game feels like I need to carry my team, every time.
managed to get the most points while on the loosing team and even with the winner bonus but even that performance was not enough.
this game.....

i"m challenger elite on pc so I'm afraid to play on pc with my current matchmaking luck.
also been playing since launch.

Coming to the realization that I will never make it out of silver in any division. 500 hours+ and I'm just not good enough to beat people consistently enough to move up. Lose ever other game. Pro people taking me to overtime. I'm just not good at videogames. Same thing happened in CSGO played 600+ hours and would bottom frag every game till it got so stressful I quit. I think I've hit my mediocre 35 year old peak in competitive gaming and it fucking sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom