• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.
8e39f5501f656bf09bc3f22800b66612.png

GeeTeeCee

I love the players who rage quit out of an unranked match, end up joining the same game 30 seconds later, quitting again, joining again, over and over again, in an unending cycle of disappointment and salty tears. Frankly I'd rather put up with the braindead team AI over a player who gets mad when the team won't carry them in a casual mode.

AcridMeat

Banned
I love the players who rage quit out of an unranked match, end up joining the same game 30 seconds later, quitting again, joining again, over and over again, in an unending cycle of disappointment and salty tears. Frankly I'd rather put up with the braindead team AI over a player who gets mad when the team won't carry them in a casual mode.
It's not very fun when they're on your team. The constant exploding AI makes it even harder. :/

Soulflarz

Banned
I'll agree that that was a fantastic fix of my post if you'll add me and play with me. I need more people to play with.

Gary1485 on Steam
Gary485 on PSN(haven't played this version in quite some time)

You're better than me, but sure :V

Soulflarz, added on steam, decided I'll leave my ps4 at home for the last month of college cause DS3 and such soon.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Am I the only one who wishes the cars steered better? Turning one is such a chore and is like turning a tank.

I don't know, one thing I think you cannot bitch about this game are the controls. They are super tight and accurate imo. If they weren't people would not be able to do the crazy stuff that you see in those videos above.

I switched to Hotshot a ways back and haven't turned back. It's a great car and ranks high (maybe highest?) on those tests someone did yet I don't see many people using it.

I switched to Hotshot a ways back and haven't turned back. It's a great car and ranks high (maybe highest?) on those tests someone did yet I don't see many people using it.

What do you mean? I thought in this game all cars were the same and the differences were only aesthetic.

DD

Since yesterday night this game is taking several minutes to find me a match on South American servers. Is anyone experiencing the same?

VLiberty

Any chance to see a solo 2vs2 playlist? I'm swinging between challenger 2-3 and it's not unusual to face all-stars because they're teaming up with lower ranking mates...

Hasney

Any chance to see a solo 2vs2 playlist? I'm swinging between challenger 2-3 and it's not unusual to face all-stars because they're teaming up with lower ranking mates...

I wouldn't hold your breath. They don't want to split the player base too many ways and the only reason they added Solo Standard back in is because that's how it was at launch and people complained about regular standard when they wanted to play solo.

What do you mean? I thought in this game all cars were the same and the differences were only aesthetic.

The differences are small and will only help you if you have a solid game to go with it but basically the hitboxes for each car are different (bigger means slightly higher chance of hitting the ball), a taller hitbox makes dribbling a little easier and can keep your shots lower vs a lower hitbox that will make the ball pop up more off your hood. Depending on how you play you might want a higher or lower hitbox. One isn't better than the other. Then how quick you can turn / handle the car has some differences. Some have tighter control than others.

Long story short some cars have a more ideal mix of desirable traits than others. Breakout, Dominus, and Octane are pretty popular.

It's all about getting a little extra edge. At end of day you are probably best going with whatever car "feels" best to you.

The differences are small and will only help you if you have a solid game to go with it but basically the hitboxes for each car are different (bigger means slightly higher chance of hitting the ball), a taller hitbox makes dribbling a little easier and can keep your shots lower vs a lower hitbox that will make the ball pop up more off your hood. Depending on how you play you might want a higher or lower hitbox. One isn't better than the other. Then how quick you can turn / handle the car has some differences. Some have tighter control than others.

Long story short some cars have a more ideal mix of desirable traits than others. Breakout, Dominus, and Octane are pretty popular.

It's all about getting a little extra edge. At end of day you are probably best going with whatever car "feels" best to you.

Ah! Thanks a lot for answering that!

VLiberty

I wouldn't hold your breath. They don't want to split the player base too many ways and the only reason they added Solo Standard back in is because that's how it was at launch and people complained about regular standard when they wanted to play solo.

:/

Oh well, If I want to go up I'll have to face up all stars anyway sooner or later. But still, I wish it would not just make an average of the rankings

Thanks for linking to these. Disheartening, yet fun to watch!

Meanwhile:

90tbIOV.gif

Cleaning out my capture thing. Lots of Wasteland (everyone's fav) in there!

LOL wow

This one was incredibly satisfying. Last minute draw is always exciting (well unless you are the one who's winning...) but like this? Holy shit. very lucky tho

Ir1yHVc.gif

VLiberty

PSY・S;199475426 said:
now that's just ridiculous

Don't worry I had no idea what I was doing either, it was just a desperate attempt at drawing

I won't be able to do anything like that again in 10 years

Dr Prob

Banned
7656phoi1.gif

Not sure what the blue team was doing during this goal. Could be they got amped upon seeing that we were playing on Wasteland and just couldn't dial it down.

Majukun

still no idea how the ranking system in this game is supposed to work..sometimes i end up in division and i stay there even after 3/4 wins in a row...other times i go to the superior division after 1 single victory and sometimes i go down after a single loss while other times even after several consecutive loss i'm still in the same division

it doesn't seem to be related on my score either,although that is a bit more difficult to keep track of

The devs were wrong. Take it as a sign.

It's weird how few people actually play solo standard. Granted, I usually only play in Europe, but still, I'm thinking of giving up on that mode given that matchmaking will likely be worse and I guess I might as well play against a team, since that would be more normal for tourneys (not that I'll likely ever enter one). Plus you can get a group of no teams even in standard 3v3.

Soulflarz

Banned
still no idea how the ranking system in this game is supposed to work..sometimes i end up in division and i stay there even after 3/4 wins in a row...other times i go to the superior division after 1 single victory and sometimes i go down after a single loss while other times even after several consecutive loss i'm still in the same division

it doesn't seem to be related on my score either,although that is a bit more difficult to keep track of

W/L, with trueskill as the point factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom