• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

1 game away from promotion game freezes for 15 seconds and lags I come back on the roof and losing by 1 goal

happened more than once

fucking fuck

Do people expect communication in solo standard? I disabled team chat and text chat to minimize abuse but if I want to go into ranked I may have to just deal with shitheads.

Been just playing unranked so far.

Lazulic

How much abuse should one expect to take online when playing as a newbie? I've played quite a bit against the computer opponents but it's not the same as playing with actual people.

abuse starts at mid level and leaves at high level
Free weekend means more noobs like me so I can have an easier time!
Probably also means more smurfs :(

Has anyone remapped their controls or do you all play like super pros with default controls?
i remapped air roll to l1, and scoreboard to back button. way better than square

Do people expect communication in solo standard? I disabled team chat and text chat to minimize abuse but if I want to go into ranked I may have to just deal with shitheads.

nobody talks strats in solo standard

Free weekend means more noobs like me so I can have an easier time!
Probably also means more smurfs :(

Has anyone remapped their controls or do you all play like super pros with default controls?

I have boost on R1/RB and roll on L1/LB. Voice chat is not mapped on mine at all and the scoreboard is on X/Square. Personally I find this is my favorite layout by a mile since the only buttons I ever need to choose between is jump (A/X) or ball focus (Y/Triangle) and I've never needed both at the exact same time. I detest default controls though. There's way too much tied to the face buttons that need to operate together.

People are more likely to use the team quick chats (I got this, take the shot, etc) in competitive compared to casual, but you'll be fine without it. Mostly comes into play on kickoffs.

TheKeyPit

Banned
PC version (free weekend) completed downloading for me. Who's up for a couple of matches at around 6pm GMT - 11pm GMT? Doesn't matter if 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3.

NoPiece

Just trying it out on Steam and am totally blown away. Should have bought this months ago!

Weirdly reminds me off the classic FPS shooters in the late 90's - Quake 3, Unreal Tournament. Just pure action and fun, no grind, no leveling, no unlocking crap. I can't keep quiet when playing, I'm constantly yelling in excitement and frustration.

Just trying it out on Steam and am totally blown away. Should have bought this months ago!

Weirdly reminds me off the classic FPS shooters in the late 90's - Quake 3, Unreal Tournament. Just pure action and fun, no grind, no leveling, no unlocking crap. I can't keep quiet when playing, I'm constantly yelling in excitement and frustration.

UT 2004's Onslaught mode was actually where it all began. They worked on that mode and the car physics and that eventually led to RL.

dsk1210

I have seen previous posters mention about the ping rate. I always used to have a 16/20 ping, now it's more about 40/46.

What happened?

J. Bravo

I have seen previous posters mention about the ping rate. I always used to have a 16/20 ping, now it's more about 40/46.

What happened?

idk but i thought when i got google fiber that a wired connection would give me like a 4 ping. but instead i get 40ish lol

Worms Stuff.

1920x1080_Worms-Topper-1650x880.jpg

Worms_Grenade.jpg

Worms_WMD_Antenna.jpg

Second one reminds me of BB8 from Star Wars. made me think about how coll it would have to have a BB8 Antenna and an Animated R2D2 Topper mounted how they are in Starfighters.

3323459883_7a5df193de_m.jpg

J. Bravo

isps up/down =/= ping speed to a server

also
I'm jealous

i had a 12 ping in a couple games today.

also smurfing is boring. sure im hitting cool shots, but they arent cool when theres no one to defend or challenge. i just wanna do my placement matches to see where it puts me. but its boring lol.

Soulflarz

Banned

also smurfing is boring. sure im hitting cool shots, but they arent cool when theres no one to defend or challenge. i just wanna do my placement matches to see where it puts me. but its boring lol.

Yes
Not playing at a high level is really boring if youre just below it

Brofield

So, after taking time off to focus on my school work for the last month, I finally remembered what burning question I had on my mind.

Is there a way to keep the music playing from the main menu in the matches on PS4? It seems a little silly to have to have Spotify running in the background, especially when I have to pause offline matches just to skip tracks.

Soulflarz

Banned
So, after taking time off to focus on my school work for the last month, I finally remembered what burning question I had on my mind.

Is there a way to keep the music playing from the main menu in the matches on PS4? It seems a little silly to have to have Spotify running in the background, especially when I have to pause offline matches just to skip tracks.

we wish

TheKeyPit

Banned
I think I've had enough of the PC version :D To maintain ~60 fps it looks like ?#( on the Surface Pro 1 with everything as low as possible. A wonder I even played a lot of matches like that.

So I just watched the hoops trailer again. Do my eyes decieve me or do kickoffs start with a jump ball? Because if so that's cool.

I'm hoping the jump ball will be an option (mutator) for private matches and such. If so I'm betting pros would love it and you will quickly see it in tourneys. A jump ball or the ball simply being dropped straight down from the ceiling are more fitting kickoffs for this game IMO especially when everybody knows how to fly.

Handicap yourself to make it fun / interesting until your MMR gets up to where it should be. No aerials or no jumping (only dribble). No boost, play backwards, etc.

weekev

Banned
Right, I am a mid tier player,on the verge of promotion from Prospect Elite at expert level. I feel like I have hit a plateau and would like some advice from you good players on the best way to push on and become good at this game. Does freeplay or practise mode help? Am I better continuing to play at ranked and hope that I start progressing again? Help me Gaf!

dsk1210

I'm hoping the jump ball will be an option (mutator) for private matches and such. If so I'm betting pros would love it and you will quickly see it in tourneys. A jump ball or the ball simply being dropped straight down from the ceiling are more fitting kickoffs for this game IMO especially when everybody knows how to fly.

I would like to see them use that start in 1vs1.

Soulflarz

Banned
Right, I am a mid tier player,on the verge of promotion from Prospect Elite at expert level. I feel like I have hit a plateau and would like some advice from you good players on the best way to push on and become good at this game. Does freeplay or practise mode help? Am I better continuing to play at ranked and hope that I start progressing again? Help me Gaf!

Learn to aerial. But really, prospect elite-- do the bolded part first.
And I mean learn to land them consistently, and learn to make smart touches that go in.
At prospect elite, it's about getting that consistency down on the ground. If you can't make a shot on the ground perfectly, it's not going in when you add a vertical aspect. Get that dribbling down.
You can probably win until low/mid challenger with very little aerial knowledge. You'll get stuck there a good 20-30 hours while you get aerialing down though, just a heads up.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Rocke League officially ends the debate. The 360 controller is superior to the DS4. Tried going back to the PS4 version. Holy shit the game is so much harder with that controller. I didn't go up a skill level after I switched to the PC version. I just got rid of the thing that was holding me back.

To be specific, the analog stick doesn't give me nearly as much control. Of course so much of the rubber having come off doesn't help.

Soulflarz

Banned
Rocke League officially ends the debate. The 360 controller is superior to the DS4. Tried going back to the PS4 version. Holy shit the game is so much harder with that controller. I didn't go up a skill level after I switched to the PC version. I just got rid of the thing that was holding me back.

To be specific, the analog stick doesn't give me nearly as much control. Of course so much of the rubber having come off doesn't help.

DS4>360
or rather
neither affects my performance

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I can't tell if games as a whole have gotten so shit or if Rocket League is just that damn good. I've had no desire to play anything else for so long. Probably a bit of both. Zero Time Dilemma seems like the only game in the near future to get me away from Rocket League for a while.

Soulflarz

Banned
I can't tell if games as a whole have gotten so shit or if Rocket League is just that damn good. I've had no desire to play anything else for so long. Probably a bit of both. Zero Time Dilemma seems like the only game in the near future to get me away from Rocket League for a while.

Probably addiction
I mean I play a lot but *plenty* of good games have come out <__>

Dr Prob

Banned
Cleaning out the capture thing again:

Rocket League Stuff

Some ok shots; tbh it hasn't been a great couple of weeks (been fiddling with the camera, maybe we can talk about that later) but that horrible 360 had to be shared.

Soulflarz

Banned
oh, so bernardo has the exact same issue as me

so
who do I nag to fix a GTX970/980 issue that has never been fixed where the game randomly has a driver crash for 10s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom