• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
also the changed ball physics is nice. the ball falls lower faster on wall hits so it may trip some people up, but as long as its consistent im all for it. before it was just so random and broken it was hard to predict.

Wait
so we aren't dealing with predicting bs anymore?

yess

Lazulic

Wait
so we aren't dealing with predicting bs anymore?

yess

kinda

(bad and fairly inaccurate pictures incoming)
if the red bar is the goal and the ball is hitting above the goal
roughly instead of
7e3dc40f72.png
or

which is what we had earlier, we'll now get a consistent

not quite that hard of a drop but you get it

Soulflarz

Banned
yep, whew

edit: is it cause I havent played in awhile and my mind is going to the breakout which I've used way more, or does octane uturn way slower?

Soulflarz

Banned
I think I've nearly triple posted here 10x, thread doesn't move fast exactly

anyways, that actually worked out really well, nicely done :3

Soulflarz

Banned
The feature I need is the stupid replay save at any time in a match

So often do I do something record worthy and just F it up from forgetting to hit it at the end of the match. Muscle memory to just search for next takes over.

The feature I need is the stupid replay save at any time in a match

So often do I do something record worthy and just F it up from forgetting to hit it at the end of the match. Muscle memory to just search for next takes over.

This is coming with the Hoops update along with replay renaming.

No patch notes about changes to turning radius, but the Breakout and perhaps Dominus feel different. The Batmobile feels the same to me--quick to turn but not as tight with the handbrake--but the Breakout (and according to some on reddit, the Dominus) feel like they take longer to turn now. The Breakout in particular feels sluggish to me, whereas before it felt quick and even a little squirrely. Anyone notice differences in the Breakout or Dominus?

I know they changed the hitboxes. For example, they shortened the the length of the hitbox on the Breakout and Batmobile. Both are closer to the Dominus (according to a redditor who has measured them), and I'm guessing this will help with clipping on the bottom curve of walls and sometimes the inclined floor on Wasteland. It appears that the Breakout and Dominus now have very similar hitboxes. I wonder if they tuned the Breakout's handling to be a bit more like the Dominus.

Have you got basketball scoring in with the hoops mode? Including a 3 point line?

Can you imagine 1v1s in hoops mode? It would be a barrage of 3-pointers as people make mistakes and get burned with the long goal. Not sure if that would be fun or frustrating.

Since the hoops playlist will be 2v2, a 3-point line (or 2-point going by street ball scoring) might discourage the second player from coming up. You might see people chipping the ball up for an alley-oop to their teammate and then hustling back to their zone. Not as exciting as crashing the offensive glass for the tip jam.

Unless of course, the 2/3-pointer was designed to only count if it didn't hit the floor. That would require some aiming and might be fun.

EDIT: Whoops... Sorry! Double post! :-/

The changes / slight differences between hitboxes and handling make me wonder if doing so is a waste of energy for the developers as well as the user base.

Why are they different at all? Why not actually have the cars perform exactly the same whilst being cosmetically different? Or if for some reason the cars have to be different how about just let the user pick from say 3-4 balanced "classes" of hit box / handling to apply to their car of choice, so you can pick the car you like most without worrying you are losing an edge by doing so.

I feel like they want to cater to both sides of argument and in doing so nothing really changes. They update all the cars, progressively making them more alike to encourage variety but at the end of the day -- because the cars are still different -- there are always 2-3 cars that are deemed best statistically which results in the other cars largely getting ignored.

ps3ud0

Not sure if I like the new physics - feels like the ball is deadened by the wall so drops quicker than before making aerials a bit harder to make as youve got less time.

If its more consistent though thats a good thing once Ive figured it out. Still doesnt always feel like a real bounce though...

Anyone feel that the side flip should have more lateral movement rather than rotate through the axis?

ps3ud0 8)

Soulflarz

Banned
The changes / slight differences between hitboxes and handling make me wonder if doing so is a waste of energy for the developers as well as the user base.

Why are they different at all? Why not actually have the cars perform exactly the same whilst being cosmetically different? Or if for some reason the cars have to be different how about just let the user pick from say 3-4 balanced "classes" of hit box / handling to apply to their car of choice, so you can pick the car you like most without worrying you are losing an edge by doing so.

I feel like they want to cater to both sides of argument and in doing so nothing really changes. They update all the cars, progressively making them more alike to encourage variety but at the end of the day -- because the cars are still different -- there are always 2-3 cars that are deemed best statistically which results in the other cars largely getting ignored.

I'm going to go with the good old "community evolves the meta"
I'm curious what happens if everyone stops using octane and say, starts using a 'bad' car- I think we have a lot to learn from them. The issue is that high level players are sticking with a few only.

Not sure if I like the new physics - feels like the ball is deadened by the wall so drops quicker than before making aerials a bit harder to make as youve got less time.

If its more consistent though thats a good thing once Ive figured it out. Still doesnt always feel like a real bounce though...

Anyone feel that the side flip should have more lateral movement rather than rotate through the axis?

ps3ud0 8)

The old bounce was much more artificial

What reaches the apex of it's arc, hits something, then goes flying upwards?

And nah, don't need lateral on side flip

itxaka

Defeatist
hhhhggggggg, I hate the new physics. Ball bonces much less, and rebounds are a bit strange now.

Now not sure if it was lag or physics but some times the ball would bounce to the totally wrong direction after a 2 hit.

Whats the point of aerials now :(, half of the fun gone in there.

Hasney

hhhhggggggg, I hate the new physics. Ball bonces much less, and rebounds are a bit strange now.

Now not sure if it was lag or physics but some times the ball would bounce to the totally wrong direction after a 2 hit.

Whats the point of aerials now :(, half of the fun gone in there.

That sounds like lag. Never seen something like that happen on my end before or after.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm warming up to unranked, guys. Yeah you have to deal with quitters, but once the teams get even and you get people who want to play, the rematches with the same group of people over and over again are soooo fun. It's a nice consistent lighthearted atmosphere. It's nice.

Ruruja

Didn't notice much change in the physics tonight tbh, maybe a couple of low bounces that fooled me a little but everything else felt the same. Just need basketbaaaaaaaaaaaall mode.

Physics are noticeably different for me. Especially when the ball hits a wall, it bounces in a way that is more predictable. At least to me.

Had a hot streak in 3s with two mates last night, played probably 20-25 games and only lost 2. Didn't div up to All-Star though :(

alba

Little is the new Big
It's nice to see the logo (RocketRoyale) you created in such a big game. It gives me a smile every day i play Rocket League :)

I know the feeling, I made the one on the left :)

They've changed the ball physics?

The hell.... why? There was nothing wrong with the current physics. What did they change?
There was plenty wrong, weird bounces on certain angles and so forth. Wasteland was the worst too which is why they fixed parts of the map itself for that as well. It's so much better now.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm warming up to unranked, guys. Yeah you have to deal with quitters, but once the teams get even and you get people who want to play, the rematches with the same group of people over and over again are soooo fun. It's a nice consistent lighthearted atmosphere. It's nice.

Those games mostly end on a 1:0 or 2:1. Everyone plays good.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've been saying it for months.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I really hope Rocket League gets ported to NX. Assuming the NX has a screen controller, which is likely, it means I'll finally have Rocket League away from the TV. Make it happen.

Hasney

I notice it on Smash, you can see the characters move on the TV before the pad. However, looking around, it might be software specific.

I just bought the Back To The Future and BvS cars on PS4. PSN store says bought, the in-game store says bought, but I can't find the cars. Are they in garage under body?

This is seriously my favorite game of all time. I have over 400 hours played in the last 7 or so months and it's only gotten more enjoyable.

Hit me up if you're in the Star rank on PC and want to dominate some doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom