• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

the ball seems to be too heavy in hoops. it makes me feel like I'm fighting with it and sucks the fun out of handling it.

and the rim is really annoying. it often blocks a decent chunk of your view and slamming into it when flying is always annoying.

i wish the ball was lighter and the court larger. right now moving and scoring feel significantly less graceful than standard RL, which was a huge part of its appeal for me. I don't think the emphasis on verticality is the issue, because I loved that one multi-level field in rocket labs.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I had a go with some bots on my lunch break, loving it initially. I do think the court could do with being a bit longer, feels a touch cramped, but otherwise loving it.

Oh and yeah the rim shouldn't count as floor.

I haven't actually played Cosmic yet, but from streams I opened up earlier, it looks like they really neutered the map shape :(

I'm sure they had their reasons. Maybe it just plays better with these changes. Gonna check it out next time I play.

I played Cosmic and I didn't even notice any difference from the original.

I actually enjoyed the map here more than I remember enjoying it in the original, so whatever they did change, it was probably for the better :p

I wonder when they're going to add a new non standard map to the rotation. I already think I like Cosmic more than the others, though I like them all to some extent. Underpass would be my second choice.

TheDanimal

Alright, Hoops drew me back in ;_;
Its too fun.
I love how you can "celebrate" after you score a goal now. Should be really fun trying to crash in on your teammates' celebrations.

Babalu.

OK.

Cosmic is the BEST rocket labs map so far. They need to finish this one and add it to the ranked. It is so fun and just smooth all around.

I Love the after goal zoom in on the scorer. You can finally see people's cars up close and what they are wearing and you get to do a little show off for the salty other team.

THANK GOD for the pressing back button to save a replay. So convenient and awesome.

Hoops map is too small. Rim isnt the floor. Maybe add 5 more starting boost for that tip off for the people like my little bro who cant get the hang of it.

Awesome patch. Bought the NBA flags pack and am rocking my lakers flag forever.

panty

Why do they bring crappy new modes when the game is still buggy as fuck.

Almost every game player name tags disappear and reading the forums I'm not alone with this fucking shitty bug that almost ruins the matches.

Not digging Hoops, the hoop too big and the arena too small.

edit: Why is text chat not working on PS4? Not the pre-sets, the typed. No keyboard coming up.

hydruxo

Hoops is fun and all, but the ball feels like it has way more weight to it so you can rarely get shots to go where you expect them to like you can in normal RL. That's my biggest issue with these one-off modes that they keep bringing out. They never feel right because some aspect of the physics screws everything up.

Ran rp

sure

but the guy on the supposed right side of things sounds hella annoying

I have many skills! I have a GF! (pic)

lmao. why does that bother you.

Hoops is fun and all, but the ball feels like it has way more weight to it so you can rarely get shots to go where you expect them to like you can in normal RL. That's my biggest issue with these one-off modes that they keep bringing out. They never feel right because some aspect of the physics screws everything up.

I think it's because the map is so small that hits that usually reach higher on standard maps don't have room to do so here. edit: there's also less room to gain speed and the ball changes direction more often requiring more turning.

Hasney

sure

but the guy on the supposed right side of things sounds hella annoying

I have many skills! I have a GF! (pic) Ill keep provoking this guy!

the other guy has straight up serious issues but this vídeo sucks

I didn't even watch it. I kept to my policy of not clicking YouTube videos with a photoshopped stupid reaction face on them because they're probably annoying. Sounds like they are!

Not digging Hoops, the hoop too big and the arena too small.

edit: Why is text chat not working on PS4? Not the pre-sets, the typed. No keyboard coming up.

I had same issue -- the save game replay button is mapped by default to the touchpad (holding it vs tapping to bring up chat) and it's wonky / sensitive. I remapped save replay to holding down R3 and keyboard comes up no problem now.

Soulflarz

Banned
I didn't even watch it. I kept to my policy of not clicking YouTube videos with a photoshopped stupid reaction face on them because they're probably annoying. Sounds like they are!

Same >_>

every time i've seen a rl vid for the past few months it's a click or two away, WILL NEVER CLICK*

*oh god
clicked it
skipped around for 10s, found him provoking other guy, found other guy getting mad. It's like watching a guy with mental issues and an obnoxious as hell troll play each other, this is painful.
*CLOSES TAB*

Dispatch

Is the "celebration" hanging on the rim?

You can hang on the black supports near the banking board. I keep doing it accidentally.

Yes, I suck.

Wow. Recent talk of hockey had me check it out and they completely ruined the puck. It blinks and even worse it NEVER lays flat. It just flips constantly, I'd say 90% of the time. When hockey first came out that sucker stuck to the walls and floors and ceiling (a bit too much) but they went totally the other way with it. It's just stupid now.

Not sure when they made these changes and of course everyone who loves and still plays Snow Day I'm sure likes the change. Different strokes of course :)

MrPanic

Hoops is great, but defending is an absolute nightmare. One match I'm able to stop everything just to fail every save I try to make the next match. My main problem with defending is when a ball goes overhead the ball cam makes a 180 which is something that totally disorientates me half of the time. Normally it isn't that bad because you know what way your car is moving, but when you're sitting under the hoop anticipating the ball it's quite easy to lose track of your position.

Sometimes it just works though
DB6AfVO.gif

The weight of the ball in Hoops seems fine. A basketball is heavier than a soccer ball. Seems to help with dribbling, not that I can dribble mind you.

However, the ball should have more bounce off the floor. Would also make it easier to get it in the air. If they could add more bounce, they could also raise the hoop a bit to keep it challenging.

Ran rp

everything just clicked for me and i'm dancing around the court. fantastic mode lol.

hockey is better than it was at launch but it still can't touch standard.

Ran rp

I wasn't one who had a problem with it, but seriously? Fooled me then.

I think it's the size of the court and the change from a goal to a hoop that are throwing people off.

the fact that you can also drive through the slopes that the ball can roll up is weird too. it kept throwing me off at first.

Basketball has same physics as normal ball. It's not "heavier".

Hockey hasn't changed.
Maybe it seems off because the ball doesn't bounce as much as a real basketball would. I still think it should be bouncier with the hoops a little higher. The ball just dies like it's underinflated. That's fine for a soccer ball on grass.

Either way, great job on it. Love the little touches, particularly the sounds such as the floor squeaking and the rims.

Soulflarz

Banned
Basketball has same physics as normal ball. It's not "heavier".

Hockey hasn't changed.
YES IM NOT THE CRAZY ONE

I can see it now:
Rocket League Hoops Jam | Come on and slam!
Stealth Edit: ^^ Wait what. Those boosts tho.

Wait 2 weeks till finals are done
Yes guys
Like may 15th-25th
if that
we could prob just find a day or two that works for everyone and blitz em all in one fun day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom