• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoaThief

I don't think a map with slightly sloped edges towards goal has set a precedent for radically different maps at all. I'd be all for a Rocket Labs solo standard ranked playlist though, but it would be a hard sell to put them in the current ranked playlists I would guess.
Wasteland has much more than sloped sides, it's fucking HUGE, has different kerbs, goals, goal posts, surface... It really shouldn't be in 1v1 and 2v2 though. Same with Cosmic mainly due to size. Cosmic is so damn good however, my new favourite. If they scaled back the changes a little on Utopia Retro to somewhere like it was previously you could add that to 1v1/2v2 (2v2 was perfect on it) to counter.

On the subject of changes, Double Goal could do with different kerbs, maybe pull out the sides in a hexagonal fashion too? The ceiling is so high but it's difficult to get decent ball climbs and wall rolls due to the aforementioned kerbs. I think a lot would find more enjoyment in it if the aerial aspect was enhanced.

Soulflarz

Banned
Wasteland is basically the same, it has diff slopes and such.

In comparison to the other maps which are shaped like nothing similar at all.
Anyways, the community already voiced extreme displeasure at non standard maps in ranked.

Hasney

Yeah, we need a Hoops tournament. Just getting matched in a game, scoring 8 goals and having 1700 points to the next best players 200.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I can see why they made hoops as small as they did. More space means more opportunities for long shots, which could be annoying as fuck in a game type like hoops.

GeeTeeCee

Ahh, there's nothing quite like setting up and scoring the overtime goal all by yourself, winning the match, and having your teammate congratulating you by calling you a "lucky noob." Said teammate has already put the ball in his own net twice over the course of the match, because he just has to hit the ball every single chance he gets regardless of whether or not it's a good idea at the time.

Never change, Rocket League community, never change.

Ran rp

if it was 3v3 and the players were good at flying it might not be much of an issue. plus adjustments could be made to the hoop size and placement.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah, we need a Hoops tournament. Just getting matched in a game, scoring 8 goals and having 1700 points to the next best players 200.

Will set up the details this weekend

Everyone okay with starting may 15th? I have finals until the 13th and need to play UC4, I don't think anyone has finals the week later unless you're going to some college like Northwestern

http://www.strawpoll.me/10075733
Vote for a general timeframe for setting this up
Will talk to Hasney in a day or two.

They did?

Please elaborate.

Wasteland is hated in ranked because it's different and people hated the fact that their static playfield suddenly had more to it. Yes, nowadays it's because its 'too big for 1s' and such, but that wasn't the original complaint. People wanted it to be as standardized as possible in ranked.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Will set up the details this weekend

Everyone okay with starting may 15th? I have finals until the 13th and need to play UC4, I don't think anyone has finals the week later unless you're going to some college like Northwestern

http://www.strawpoll.me/10075733
Vote for a general timeframe for setting this up
Will talk to Hasney in a day or two.

Wasteland is hated in ranked because it's different and people hated the fact that their static playfield suddenly had more to it. Yes, nowadays it's because its 'too big for 1s' and such, but that wasn't the original complaint. People wanted it to be as standardized as possible in ranked.
We're actually having a hoops tournament?

SO FRIGGIN EXCITED!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just played a bunch of 1v1s on hoops with my regular doubles partner. Holy shit. If you think hoops is fun in 2v2, try it in 1v1. It's amazing. It's almost like this is what hoops was designed for.

Hasney

A41skZ9.gif

Apparently not a save.

Just played a bunch of 1v1s on hoops with my regular doubles partner. Holy shit. If you think hoops is fun in 2v2, try it in 1v1. It's amazing. It's almost like this is what hoops was designed for.

Agreed. I actually *like* 1v1 in this mode! Due to small size and alternate goal (hoop) you aren't completely screwed if you make a mistake. It's more like regular rocket league instead of the chess match / mind games of 1v1 on a standard map.

Over 500 hours in and I still just can't get over how good this game is. Truly the best multiplayer experience of all time.

I gotta start playing in tourneys

TheKeyPit

Banned
Time to take a break from this game, because I totally suck right now and I blame the recent update for it. They changed the hitboxes on the DeLorean and I can't cope with it.

Edit:
lol "fix ranking system"

Matty8787

Just got this on x1 yesterday if ya wanna add me go ahead.

Had it on pc for a while and love it but convenience of couch for this game seemed to good.

Matty8787 is my GT.

Man, just played like 5 matches of Hoops with me and another master, vs a team of a legend and a master. It's so, so nice playing high level stuff with randoms. Almost every game was decided by a goal, everyone was rotating, it was great.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Fuuuuck. Scoring those dribble goals where you get the ball on your car and backflip getting the perfect shot in to the hoop are soooo satisfying. I lost the game I just had but that goal I got was no nice I don't even care.

Red Hood

Banned
Hey guys, I'm having a little trouble setting up split screen. You see, we want to play with a keyboard and controller (PS3 using Motioninjoy). I've tried the most common tricks but it doesn't work. Do any of you play with a keyboard + 3rd party controller?

Bollocks

I'm challenger elite but why the fuck do I still get matched with challenger 2/3, mm fucks me over because the skill level is just too big, can't rely on my teammates, no rotation, no spatial awareness, no air control aka the worst kind of games.
I'll happily wait longer if that means I get matched with people who are at least in my division.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm challenger elite but why the fuck do I still get matched with challenger 2/3, mm fucks me over because the skill level is just too big, can't rely on my teammates, no rotation, no spatial awareness, no air control aka the worst kind of games.
I'll happily wait longer if that means I get matched with people who are at least in my division.

Challenger Elite Divison 1 and Challenger 3 Divison 5 are the same ranks to the MM system I believe. So yes, If you got to say, rising star 5, you basically were able to play well enough to beat the rising stars.

I could be wrong- and probably am, but I say this because ranking up once from them gets you to elite div 2, losing from them gets you 3 division 4

That's why. You're probably not actually that far off in MMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom