• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
4m of overtime because everyones rotating up 24/7

rip

solo 3s isn't hard, but these matches take a lot longer if you're trying to be careful

First game of soccer after weeks of nothing but Hoops:

536893407-young-man-with-hands-wide-open-standing-in-gettyimages.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
What? How?!
Very specific case. I was having issues with the cloud saves ever since the tournament I was in. basically the stats were there but my settings would reset every other time I'd launch the game (camera, controls, car design, etc). I got sick of it so I turned off cloud saves to allow it to actually save. I left it off a couple times to make sure it would save, and then turned cloud saves back on.

I guess whatever was in the cloud didn't resync, There may be a way to recover it that I don't know of, but as of right now it shows like 50 matches.
First game of soccer after weeks of nothing but Hoops:

536893407-young-man-with-hands-wide-open-standing-in-gettyimages.jpg
Haha I had the same exact feeling when I went back.

As I get higher ranked I swear my teammates are getting lazier.

Will regularly get one cut me up, so I drop back expecting him to go forward....and then they don't bother and just let the enemy control it freely.

Will get one burn his boost to get to a boost orb before me...then he doesn't use the boost he just got despite it being immediatly uselful.

We get a breakout ball from our defending area, rush up the field, pass it across for an easy shot....and they didn't bother to rush, but the enemy did and they had to turn around first.

Likewise, when they need rush back to help defend I seem to keep finding myself 3v1, at least if we had a goalie not I it's 3v2.

Sometimes I just can't work this game out. Switched to Dominus the other day and started pulling off some pretty sweet frestyle shots which I can't even do usually. Next day can't play for shit. Decided to try Octane finally and now I'm completely inconsistent again but I want to be able to use this car well. Been about 3 days of it now.

I know where my big weak spot is, I need to learn to chase the ball off the wall but it just won't click. In free play I can chip and air dribble it, even upside down, but I can't get the launch right off the wall. I finally got it once today and someone tackled me midair, bit it felt like a lucky launch anyway.

I've basically banned myself from ranked until I get it down. Hopefully I'll get it soon since its a bit grating having people leave at every goal.

Red Hood

Banned
I hate it when games make DLC achievements part of the standard game and as a result I can't get 100% unless I buy useless DLC.

49897d18730586bc6a8a9e5586a09762.jpg

Would be cool if that Rocket League Stats site could break it down by playlist. I imagine stats are quite a bit different between playlists. Hopefully, Psyonix will eventually provide that type of data.

screenshot-original101bp83.png

That's the banner I was talking about a couple of posts back.

I thought that was just a bit of hype building for the Hoops launch? Pretty sure that was in before Hoops anyway at the least, suppose it could mean more is coming but the only thing I know of at the moment is a few cars that will be available with the physical edition when it launches.

Soulflarz

Banned
No, I mean individual stats. That's just player activity by playlist. As far as I know, there's no way currently to get individual stats by playlist.

ohhh, got it.

I'm curious as to what rating=what rank
Like it wouldn't be hell to compile if you had a sample size of 1000 players, I just don't want to do the math personally.

It's theoretically possible to calculate each rank w/ a number and a division, no?

TheKeyPit

Banned
I thought that was just a bit of hype building for the Hoops launch? Pretty sure that was in before Hoops anyway at the least, suppose it could mean more is coming but the only thing I know of at the moment is a few cars that will be available with the physical edition when it launches.

I just wanted to know if this banner is present on all platforms. Only one person has responded then and said that he hasn't seen this one on his ps4 or pc.

I've only played RL once on my laptop since it's a potato. That was when PSN was down for a bit and was a while back. I haven't seen the billboard on PS4, but I am curious if people on PC have seen it. If it's only on Xbox, it could just be referring to having all of the different playlists. Though, you have them all now, right?

Is there no greater feeling than having a teammate trash talk you the entire game, and then proceed to match up against them the following round and beat them?

Damn. I never felt so pumped before. Amazing.

Pepiope

Is there no greater feeling than having a teammate trash talk you the entire game, and then proceed to match up against them the following round and beat them?

Damn. I never felt so pumped before. Amazing.
Haha. That reminds of the time one guy was pissed at me because I started "trying" once I matched up against him.

Soulflarz

Banned
general rule of thumb

if you know youre not doing as well as you norm do, and you're playing the exact same, chances are you and your teammate aren't a good match

take salsa/me vs myself/random guy I played with to get to shooting star and I love this new guy so much :')

I sometimes play with a guy who is a little better than me, particularly on offense. We do pretty well together, but sometimes I would make mistakes on the offensive end and feel bad about it instead of trying to learn from it. He never called me out (made his own mistakes as well), but I know he's better than me offensively so I felt like I was stuck playing defense (where I'm pretty solid). Would have helped if we were on comms, but never did so. We don't play together as much anymore, but I'm actually glad since I've been able to grow my game playing with others.

Still looking for a regular teammate for doubles. If anyone's interested, I'm on PS4 (Optimus_Prime) and play later in the evening on the east coast (8-11pm EDT). I'm Challenger II in doubles. Like most, I think skill-wise I'm a little higher than that, but I need to get in there and grind up the ladder. I have been working on my consistency to get back into ranked play and start moving up again.

haven't played in a month or so. lost 8 straight matches w/ randoms. noobs don't play D and i hate when they match me up against a pro who proceeds to teabag us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom