• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Bravo

AcridMeat

Banned
I thought more of us would be into RLCS but there is rarely a post about it in here. It's su good to watch.
I have no problem watching things like Starcraft, League of Legends, Street Fighter, etc. but for some reason I don't like watching RL unless it's in person.

I'd rather just be playing.

I watched a good chunk of last weekend's RLCS group play. Production was well done though I got tired of the one play by play guy who has to describe everything I can already see. Some of the matches were lopsided, but some good series and games.

A bit surprised at all the mistakes, though. More than I've seen in some other tournaments. Though perhaps you can chalk that up to playing some long days.

Hasney

I have no problem watching things like Starcraft, League of Legends, Street Fighter, etc. but for some reason I don't like watching RL unless it's in person.

I'd rather just be playing.

I don't like watching anything you mentioned bar SF and Rocket League, but I don't watch them for long. They just make me want to play.

Soulflarz

Banned
I don't like watching anything you mentioned bar SF and Rocket League, but I don't watch them for long. They just make me want to play.

Honestly, same with RL. I don't like watching too much since watching=urge to play

SSBM I can watch all day cause it's impossible to be the five gods :V

Ruruja

Almost OT2...Will be nice since the original OP hasn't been updated in a very long time. Who should make it what should be the title?

Rocket League |OT2| I believe I can fly.

bjaelke

We're not reaching 20k any time soon. It took nearly 2 months for this thread to go from 18k to 19k posts despite a new platform and game mode being added.

Ruruja

We should do some stuff to get it more active again. The tournament idea gets thrown around a lot but never happens, probably due to timezones. How about a goal of the week/save of the week (or month?) competition?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
2-0 up. Opponents make it back to 2-2 then go 3-2 up. Teammate votes to forfeit immediately then quits with 2 and a half minutes left. This shod not happen at shooting star. How in the world do you get to that rank if you quit every time you go a goal down?

Ruruja

well i just abandoned a match because of a few reasons. i wasnt feeling it. my teammates werent helpful (3s). rocket league was making me want to snap my controller in half

its not just that particular game. at least in my case, its usually a culmination of things.

all im saying is dont judge too harshly. unless theyve done it to you multiple times. then fuck those guys

well i just abandoned a match because of a few reasons. i wasnt feeling it. my teammates werent helpful (3s). rocket league was making me want to snap my controller in half

its not just that particular game. at least in my case, its usually a culmination of things.

all im saying is dont judge too harshly. unless theyve done it to you multiple times. then fuck those guys

This is a safe place. Anyone who tells you they never quit is lying. We all have breaking points and bad days.

And, yeah, fuck those guys.

This is a safe place. Anyone who tells you they never quit is lying. We all have breaking points and bad days.

And, yeah, fuck those guys.

I don't tend to quit ranked since I hate the 15 minute ban. I drop out in player matches though if one of two things happens. Ball rushing fools with no strategy but hit and hope or people who just shit up the chat log. I'll drop out of ranked too if somebody pushes that second one too far but it only happened once back at Prospect Elite. It would probably happen more often but I've come to realize there are days where I just shouldn't bother and should play something else for a bit. I'd rather take a break than tank my ranks.

LIARS!

I don't buy it =)

Voting to forfeit is quitting... you are just hoping teammates agree to avoid the ban. Quitting after a teammate quits first is still quitting. And then there is just regular old quitting. I rarely do that (maybe 2-3 times?) as I try to play out each game and in the situations where I do want to quit it's almost always 1v3 with no shot of a comeback (too many goals or too little time).

If you have never been in a situation where the game is totally out of reach, you are 1v3 facing assholes flaming chat w/one guy dedicated just to bumping / demoing you and maybe you had a shitty day on top of that or just some place else to be and didn't say screw it and throw in the towel... well... again I don't buy it.

I also don't buy it's good practice. Instead of playing the last 2 minutes 1v3 (abnormal game conditions) in an unwinnable game you could be playing the first 2 minutes of the next game 3v3 (normal game conditions). If you want to practice being shorthanded play unfair vs bots or you know in pretty much every game when your teammates don't rotate =) A huge part of the challenge of this game is playing with teammates. IMO any practice time spent in shorthanded situations is better spent playing with a full squad. But to each his own and if you are someone who honestly has never quit and feels doing so makes you a better player by all means go for it.

Ran rp

LIARS!

I don't buy it =)

Voting to forfeit is quitting... you are just hoping teammates agree to avoid the ban. Quitting after a teammate quits first is still quitting. And then there is just regular old quitting. I rarely do that (maybe 2-3 times?) as I try to play out each game and in the situations where I do want to quit it's almost always 1v3 with no shot of a comeback (too many goals or too little time).

If you have never been in a situation where the game is totally out of reach, you are 1v3 facing assholes flaming chat w/one guy dedicated just to bumping / demoing you and maybe you had a shitty day on top of that or just some place else to be and didn't say screw it and throw in the towel... well... again I don't buy it.

I also don't buy it's good practice. Instead of playing the last 2 minutes 1v3 (abnormal game conditions) in an unwinnable game you could be playing the first 2 minutes of the next game 3v3 (normal game conditions). If you want to practice being shorthanded play unfair vs bots or you know in pretty much every game when your teammates don't rotate =) A huge part of the challenge of this game is playing with teammates. IMO any practice time spent in shorthanded situations is better spent playing with a full squad. But to each his own and if you are someone who honestly has never quit and feels doing so makes you a better player by all means go for it.

I still don't quit. I just jokingly type "gg" and continue on with the game.

And yes, I think playing against a team of similar-skilled opponents is better practice for me than hitting the ball around by myself. I don't think I've ever touched the singleplayer stuff.

Not sure why that's so hard to believe.

edit: teammates voting to forfeit is really irritating, honestly. just keep playing. i've experienced plenty of amazing comebacks.

It's hard to believe because people lie, especially on the internet, and it is highly likely everyone has quit at least once at some point for whatever reason. But like I said whoever honestly doesn't quit and think it's of benefit, great, good for them!

But again by quitting you are just moving whatever time is left in the current losing match to the next new match, except this time you will be playing with a full team instead of shorthanded. There is no time lost playing against human opponents. I only brought up playing unfair vs bots to simulate an unfair advantage if you think that practice is valuable.

Forfeiting isn't the problem it's people's idea of when a game is over. On one end it's down by only 1-2 goals with plenty of time left (irritating) and on the other end it's people who refuse to quit 1v3 down 4-5 goals (equally irritating to me). These guys are almost as bad as the early quitters because unless they are AMAZING (which they aren't if down by that many goals) we just keep scoring and then start feeling bad and one of us has of us has to switch sides and play 2v2 or two sit on sidelines and alternate 1v1 to make it "fair" ... even though we aren't really going to help them enough to risk losing the game. All of which is gigantic waste of time to me even though it's only a 5 minute game.

Ran rp

These guys are almost as bad as the early quitters because unless they are AMAZING (which they aren't if down by that many goals) we just keep scoring and then start feeling bad and one of us has of us has to switch sides and play 2v2 or two sit on sidelines and alternate 1v1 to make it "fair" ... even though we aren't really going to help them enough to risk losing the game. All of which is gigantic waste of time to me even though it's only a 5 minute game.

then forfeit if you think it's a waste of time :p

i don't want to play against or with bots period and i'm always going to take the chance to see how well i can play against 3 people. doesn't matter if i come close to winning or not or if the other team thinks it's a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom