• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Faffing about with the camera in a live (unranked) match isn't a good idea.

Camera all the way back and all the way back for FoV = disorientating. It gives good information, but it makes it harder to hit the ball. I think I should just stick with the default I've been using for 50+ hours already.

J. Bravo

One snarky comment and I'll score owngoals ranked, multiple.

if i am having a bad day and then make a mistake in rocket league, no problem. but if my teammate talks shit, then i will intentionally whiff the next hit. even if it leads to a goal. idgaf. i'm the worst kind of petty. usually leads to me playing hard for the reste of the game and we win or come close lol.

Salsa

some people just have anger issues tho

some dude was mocking my partner for making an own-goal by mistake and doing a pass to them

then he scored on his own goal and I wrote "karma'd"

and he went on a fucking bender. dude couldnt stop swearing

Pepiope

some people just have anger issues tho

some dude was mocking my partner for making an own-goal by mistake and doing a pass to them

then he scored on his own goal and I wrote "karma'd"

and he went on a fucking bender. dude couldnt stop swearing
I find that hilarious. I love when people get pissed off at me for demoing them, and if they manage to beat me, even funnier.

You and Ocho created a demoing monster at that 2s GAF tourney :p.

Salsa

same guy went nuts to his teammate over this

WeightyAnchoredBoar.gif

which yeah he could have saved but it clearly caught him off guard

I can't play rocket league ps4 - any ideas?

I get error ce-34878-0 all the time, right after it connects, after the title screens.

Have deleted it and it's save data and re downloaded three times.

If I disconnect from the Internet using settings then I can start it, then reconnect, and find a match, then play normally, then it crashes again at initial menu.

No other games crash, just rocket league and always at the same point. I feel this isn't indicative of a hardware issue what kind of hardware issue only screws up rocket league only upon boot plus connection? It feels like a rocket league coding bug of some kind. For what it's worth this error was or is coming up on google in connection to rocket league. I don't know if it happens to more people than with other games...

dsk1210

got drunk went down a full rank from division V

lol

About a couple of drinks is the perfect balance after that you start getting sloppy. I play quite a lot after a few drinks and a wee smoke and seem to play really well, but I get to a certain point and it starts to go tits up.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
About a couple of drinks is the perfect balance after that you start getting sloppy. I play quite a lot after a few drinks and a wee smoke and seem to play really well, but I get to a certain point and it starts to go tits up.

Just like pool right? I had the same conversation with a friend about drinks and Rocket League.

Soulflarz

Banned
yep
quitting rl for 5-10 days drops you in skill from high blue to challenger
I don't wanna waste the day undoing that atm
*boots R&C*

Every time I try to play online it keeps saying "unable to connect to game servers error 82"

Cant seem to find anything online. Every other game works fine. I tried uninstalling it and the updates, reinstalling it, resoring licenses, rebuilding my database, nothing. Its been like this for like a week now and I cant find any answers. Anyone have this same problem?

TheKeyPit

Banned
http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/news/2016/06/introducing-painted-certified-items/

Painted Items

Our first item attribute, “Painted,” recolors an item with entirely-new pigments, and we’ll kick off our first release with Painted Wheels and Toppers. If you’re lucky enough to discover a Painted version of an item, its color will be randomly chosen from a set of named colors like “Titanium White” and “Burnt Sienna.”

Not every Wheel or Topper will generate a Painted version, of course, but we hope you’ll enjoy collecting these colorful new items nonetheless!

Certified Items

Our second item attribute, “Certified,” makes an item track a particular statistic while you play in online matches. Certified Items come with a special prefix that indicates the stat they track. That prefix increases in prestige as you earn more and more of that stat with the item equipped.

For example, if I discover a “Sniper Wizard Hat,” I’ve acquired a special version of the “Wizard Hat” Topper that tracks “Long Goals.” Every time I score a Long Goal in an online match, the hat’s stat counter will increase by one. When I reach fifty Long Goals with that hat equipped, it becomes a “Skillful Sniper Wizard Hat,” and after many more, an “Incredible Sniper Wizard Hat,” and so on.

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
Anybody looking to jump on a team for the second RLCS qualifier on June 11? One of our teammates has a prior commitment he can't miss. My buddy and I are both intermediate level players, so we're not looking to make any kind of run or anything, but we had fun during Q1. Let me know, and I'll get you more info.

J. Bravo

Made it to shooting star (the hollow star?) division 4 in doubles today. Had some pretty good teammates. Played really well in general. Maybe I'll get champion by season end after all. I think what's helping is my wall play. I still whiff but I've improved a shit ton over the last few days. Not as many whiffs and a lot more good predictions.

TheKeyPit

Banned
http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/news/2016/06/battle-cars-favorites-return-as-premium-dlc/

Marauder_Aftershock_blog-1650x880.jpg

They’re back!

Two of our community’s favorite cars from the original Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars are coming to Rocket League later this summer as premium DLC.

Available first as a timed exclusive in the Rocket League Collector’s Edition retail release, the jet-inspired Aftershock and monstrous Marauder will retain their original thematic style but also sport a new, more modern visual look. Both vehicles will also come with six gorgeous Decals immediately unlocked. See them in action for yourselves in our official trailer below!

https://youtu.be/ypYbLc1yOqM

Look for both Aftershock and Marauder as part of the Rocket League Collector’s Edition on June 24 in Europe and July 5 in North America, followed by a worldwide digital release on July 18. Both cars can be purchased individually for $1.99 USD or regional equivalent.

The queue time seems kind of random though. Sometimes it's pretty quick, sometimes takes forever. They acknowledged there might be an issue after the last update that included Xbox cross play. Wonder if they never got that fixed.

Hey, I'm not a junior anymore. Took long enough! Anyway, back to our regular programming...

I think the two new (classic) vehicles look pretty cool. Definitely going to try them out. I've been in a rut lately and tend to change my car when that happens. Played a lot with the Breakout and Dominus. I'm now using the Batmobile, but really want to settle on something I can customize.

"YOU take the shot" as in I'm going to take it or more like you guys can take the shot, I'm defending? :p

OMG just endured a major case of this in 2's. Dude kept hitting these weak centers and spamming "take the shot!" all pissed and I'm like I can't go for those! They are 30/70 at best and if I miss it's breakaway / easy goal against us. Get the ball up in the air and faster (while we have 2 on 1) vs taking forever and slowly dribbling it to the 2 guys sitting in net.

On flipside I had awesome teammate last night who was on point w/centers. Soooooo many goals.

J. Bravo

yeah the new cars look neat. hopefully the dominus one has a turning radius more like octanes but the same hitbox as dominus. literally perfect car.

tomorrow im getting planetstar. my gf works a 12 tomorrow so its game time.

AcridMeat

Banned
Earlier today I was playing a couple 2v2s with a buddy. I haven't been playing much the last two weeks, but we were up 4-1 versus someone whose teammates kept leaving.

Then one guy comes in and starts styling on us, they took a 6-4 lead in a couple minutes (guy scored 4 straight).

Then we fought back, got it to 6-6 and won in a crazy 3 minute overtime. Felt fucking amazing, this game is still the best.

OT included a breakaway, where I caught up/demolished the guy while he was waiting for the deflection off the side of the goal (went back across the other side of the goal) then took it along the wall and centered it for my buddy to finish :D

Unicorn

Is the June update going to be June 24th like when the collector edition? That won't be delayed of so for US's collector edition? I want to change some of my quick chat, but it will also fuck with my muscle memory at first.

Man I thought I was done with this game a few months ago... but Im back

That new lab map was fun. Is it accepted as a good map by the majority?

Of the original 3, I liked Donut the best I guess. But the 4th map looks pretty great for competitive

Not sure if the 3 lane map coming up will be any good.

Also, is Hoops generally liked? To be honest, nothing feels as good as the classic Rocket League.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Also, is Hoops generally liked? To be honest, nothing feels as good as the classic Rocket League.
I love Hoops. If Hoops were in ranked I'd probably play it more than anything else. I find it more enjoyable than the main game. It's just a shame because it's unranked only there's no progression to playing it.

Via reddit
In-game tradeable. We are interested in Steam Marketplace support, but are focused on something that works cross-platform to start.

EDIT: To be extremely clear, I mean a player-to-player system that can work on PS4 or Xbox. Do not expect to be able to trade items between platforms.

Thread should pick up when we stat showing of our rares and start trading i hope.

Dispatch

I haven't played since Overwatch came out. I hopped back in today and got paired with your typical caustic jerk, a person too prevalent in the Rocket League community.

Maybe I'm done with this game, at least until the Overwatch community becomes caustic, too.

I haven't played since Overwatch came out. I hopped back in today and got paired with your typical caustic jerk, a person too prevalent in the Rocket League community.

Maybe I'm done with this game, at least until the Overwatch community becomes caustic, too.

I already find the overwatch just if not more frustrating. In this game it's hard to carry bad teammates but kinda possible. On overwatch it's impossible if the randoms don't care about team make up. Ranked Overwatch will be maddening.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I was thinking about a proper xbox/ps4 crossplay announcement. The announcement alone is a pr thing. Both Microsoft and Sony would like to announce it to get the credit for it, to be the one who announced it. Best thing would be to come out at e3 and invite the other party to make an announcement together, but at which conference?

I hope they'll do something; at least say "crossplay between all platforms in summer this year".

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking about a proper xbox/ps4 crossplay announcement. The announcement alone is a pr thing. Both Microsoft and Sony would like to announce it to get the credit for it, to be the one who announced it. Best thing would be to come out at e3 and invite the other party to make an announcement together, but at which conference?

I hope they'll do something; at least say "crossplay between all platforms in summer this year".

can someone recap quickly why sony and MS have a problem enabling crossplay with one another? Will it disrupt spacetime and send us to oblivion?

TheKeyPit

Banned
can someone recap quickly why sony and MS have a problem enabling crossplay with one another? Will it disrupt spacetime and send us to oblivion?

t think you can break it down to policy something something.

Edit:
or
There is no additional work required to enable full cross play. It's a policy thing at this point. The build we're patching in today has all the tech required for any platform to play with any other.

This was probably my most skillful minute of Rocket League ever, haha. I got a close save and then went for my first ever aerial goal. I was pretty happy with it! The first 10 seconds are kind of boring. I was staying back because I kept thinking the opposing team would center the ball.

Quality isn't the best, but you get the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RlPGlGOXSg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom