• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

CreepyImmaculateBigmouthbass.gif

I dont think I ever juked closer

Played a few doubles games last night against someone who was a good dribbler. I finally got a good read on his moves by the last game, but then they stopped playing.

I need to play more 1s to better defend against and work on my own dribbling. I tend to play only 3s, and I think that's the reason I'm not as good as I should be considering how many hours I've played.

Played a few doubles games last night against someone who was a good dribbler. I finally got a good read on his moves by the last game, but then they stopped playing.

I need to play more 1s to better defend against and work on my own dribbling. I tend to play only 3s, and I think that's the reason I'm not as good as I should be considering how many hours I've played.

Playing 2's and 1's will give you more touches so it's really great for improving your skills so that when you go back to 3's you can can hopefully be more productive with the more limited touches you get.

Salsa

played with a guy in SAM and we won and I got more points and he still just shit talked constantly and laughed at every near goal or whatever. how he "carried me"

like we did great and he was still an asshole just cause

that's the SAM level

Just wanna say euro unranked threes continues to be a pretty friendly, positive and chill crowd. X

I've noticed this a lot with many of my recent games (US West). Everyone seems to be very nice. Opponents will congratulate you on good shots, teammates will apologize if they accidentally bump you out of position, and not once did I see a sarcastic use of "what a save!"

It's very nice and enjoyable.

Salsa

start match

dude starts typing "they suck lol dont worry"

they score because he was typing

match ends up 3-2 them winning

gg

protonion

Fuck all those idiots that have the "dat teamate" line ready at every moment.

You play a hard game , giving great assists, covering nice in defense and you receive a lucky/impossible goal (usually because he cannot mark at all).
-dat mate
-nooob mate

Fuck you!

It's great when in the next match we are in different teams and he gets trounced. The speed he exits the game after the end exceeds the speed of light.

Fucking loser, missing link of evolution piece of shit.

meshwork

You play a hard game , giving great assists, covering nice in defense and you receive a lucky/impossible goal (usually because he cannot mark at all).
-dat mate
-nooob mate

Fuck you!

It's great when in the next match we are in different teams and he gets trounced. The speed he exits the game after the end exceeds the speed of light.

Yeah this is so common in the challenger ranks it's not even funny anymore. Usually the player whining is the worst player on the server, but I guess it's basic human behaviour to blame someone else rather than admit that you suck.

It is very satisfying to then play against them and show them that they are indeed the one who was holding the team back, but I fear their denial is so strong they just shrug and think you got lucky.

Ran rp

Yeah this is so common in the challenger ranks it's not even funny anymore. Usually the player whining is the worst player on the server, but I guess it's basic human behaviour to blame someone else rather than admit that you suck.

It is very satisfying to then play against them and show them that they are indeed the one who was holding the team back, but I fear their denial is so strong they just shrug and think you got lucky.

"OH NOW YOU START TRYING"
"WHY COULDN'T YOU DO THAT BEFORE"

-dat mate
-nooob mate

Fuck you!

Why so serious

TheKeyPit

Banned
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Screw this shit. Everything was fine. I played some matches and slowly moved two divisions higher. Then the bad luck started and..... ******* ***** ****** ***** ****

:(

Rage level over 9000.

Edit: This nearly reached Gears of War 3-levels of rage.

Edit2: Oh, and what the fuck did the game think with matching me against a champion in 2v2.

Maaaaan I've been destroying with some dude I met in doubles (he's Champion and I just got up to Div 5 All Star) and he has never trolled. After like 50 overall games with the dude he starts calling an opponent a faggot. The opponent was a sore loser but still...

I just said "everyone chill" like I'm talking to a bunch of middle schoolers. I feel like a dick but man we're the best doubles team I've ever been on. Ranked RL has taken my soul

Been playing casual doubles with my little cousin for like two hours. It's easy to forget how truly fun non ranked matches can be. Very few trolls and watching beginners make some good plays.
and going undefeated for two hours with a noob on your team

I've said this is my favorite multiplayer game of all time so much, but I honestly think this is my favorite game of all time. Sorry Super Mario World

So lets say you've never played ranked in 1v1 or 2v2, so you play the 10 'trial' matches and you win them all...what division would you be placed in?

Murugo

I don't usually encounter assholes in unranked, but then there's the guy who tells you 'never play again, retard' and it sours your game for the rest of the night.

I haven't attempted ranked matches yet but I imagine it's more of the same. I just know I won't be trying it any time soon, not until I master some aerial techniques.

So lets say you've never played ranked in 1v1 or 2v2, so you play the 10 'trial' matches and you win them all...what division would you be placed in?

I did this (1v1) like a week ago and after 10-0 was put in Challenger III. You may go a little higher or lower depending on quality of opponents you play.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Why do I keep playing when the game lags like sh**? My ping fluctuated; and that one guy in 1v1 didn't want to believe it and called it bs. As if it's not obvious enough that it lags when I drive past a ball that even a bot could hit.

Marvie_3

Banned
Why do I keep playing when the game lags like sh**? My ping fluctuated; and that one guy in 1v1 didn't want to believe it and called it bs. As it's not obvious enough that it lags when I drive past a ball that even a bot could hit.
Its been laggy as hell for me for a few days now too. Almost unplayable at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom