• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

No trails or paint filter. They all have dope skins. We are doing a bunch of rare drops for the next update. So you will get plenty of fixins then.

Dawg.

Like you have no idea how big this next drop is gonna be.

It's gonna be like.....Dope. Like BubbleGum Crisis!! levels of dope.

I can't wait. Keep rockin' the support because my wallet is always open. Year 2 of Rocket League is off to a fantastic start, continuing the amazing journey from last year so well.

You guys already created the best rocket trial anyway (Flowers). Everything else would be a step down. :p

EDIT: I just did some random Googling and it looks like a ton of people dislike the flower trail. What the hell? It's the best, and I'm being completely serious.

Maybe it's the hippy sitar sounds?

I'm currently rocking the sparkler trail because it matches my sort of celestial/astronomy vibe and I DO like the crackling sound with it.

That said, the season trails are totally up my alley, but I won't get to the Champion one with the star shapes that shoot out :(

I will tell our FX artist but beyond that it's up to him. (Only cause you make all the threads)

If you're still in a passing along stuff mood, can the rings be re-removed from Sacred boost? All you see are rings from pov, obscuring the sparklies.

It's a minor change, I know but it kinda wrecks the boost itself.

TheKeyPit

Banned
9 days until Season 2 ends :O
I got my Rising Star trail secured from Duel Ranked, but I'll still try to get Rising Star in Doubles Ranked.

malfcn

When you score 6 times, back one in and no achievement. The heck?

Having a blast. One game I will dominate. The next I can't do anything to save a goal. It's hilarious.

Quit and restart now works.
Those lost achievements. Time to earn again.

I don't get many shots like these, but this was satisfying.

qlnSV64.gif

Is neo tokyo the latest rocket lab map? Or is it from one of the original 3 lab maps?

I really like the latest lab map that is similar to one of the original 3

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think I need this free weekend to pass now. It's bad... really bad.

My team just scored on it's self very impressively. Like it was impressive. One hit back from the corner. The other bounced it up in front of our net, while the original one hit it in.

These guys can't even hit straight or score on an open net for the other team. But they are juggling like mad to score on themselves.

I think I need this free weekend to pass now. It's bad... really bad.

My team just scored on it's self very impressively. Like it was impressive. One hit back from the corner. The other bounced it up in front of our net, while the original one hit it in.

These guys can't even hit straight or score on an open net for the other team. But they are juggling like mad to score on themselves.
Some of the best redirects I've done were autogoals.

VLiberty

Just got a pos mate playing against the team and insulting for the whole match for no reason. Is the report function not working or something?

Anyone in EU can help me with ranked? Challenger II

USA unfortunately otherwise would be happy to help out a fellow Agent 47 :)

Just got a pos mate playing against the team and insulting for the whole match for no reason. Is the report function not working or something?

I think it works but takes time for reports to be investigated / people banned and so on.

Honestly free weekends are shite for people already playing the game, especially at lower levels, as all it does is increases the number of assholes in the game.

VLiberty

USA unfortunately otherwise would be happy to help out a fellow Agent 47 :)

I think it works but takes time for reports to be investigated / people banned and so on.

Honestly free weekends are shite for people already playing the game, especially at lower levels, as all it does is increases the number of assholes in the game.

This nice guy said "it would be the 30th time they do it" when i asked the others to report him

yeah unfortunately I'm locked at challenger 2, it's hard to go up when you lose matches like this. But it's mainly my fault as I should stop playing right after this kind of matches, otherwise I'll get more and more nervous match after match, resulting in a terrible series of loss.
Instead, I'm almost more compelled to play after a loss rather than after a win. Hopefully I'll never get into gambling lol

VLiberty

First match today: I'm paired with an actually good player, but also another idiot who starts spamming "Y U NO TRY" from before the kickoff to the end of the match, which we lose cause he wasn't playing.

aaaaaand dropped. bye Rocket League, we'll see in 10 days with the next season, hoping that I will actually get to play with mentally sane players

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I bought Chaos Run purely so I can have all 55/55 achievements unlocked in Steam. I mean more customization options too I suppose...

Great 2v1 moment in ranked yesterday. at 2-2 with a minute left, my teammate tries to forfeit then drops off, guessing they had to leave for some reason. Managed to hold out through the overtime for a minute and score a winner against there two, very happy but needed a break after that, so bloody tense.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I bought Chaos Run purely so I can have all 55/55 achievements unlocked in Steam. I mean more customization options too I suppose...

Great 2v1 moment in ranked yesterday. at 2-2 with a minute left, my teammate tries to forfeit then drops off, guessing they had to leave for some reason. Managed to hold out through the overtime for a minute and score a winner against there two, very happy but needed a break after that, so bloody tense.

I get pretty mad when someone just leaves the game, but, hey, as you said: There could be a reason for leaving.
When I have to quit from a game I spam "Sorry!" and then I leave.

------

Edit: What the fuck is the game thinking with pairing me up against Shooting Star players while I'm just Challenger Elite; and when I loose against them I drop a division. WTH! May this season already end so we finally play with the new changes to competitive play.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Not much, but:
Second, in a subsequent update after Season 3 launches, we will place restrictions on how parties queue for Competitive play. When a party is formed, the difference in each player’s Competitive skill tier will be measured. You will be prevented from queueing as a party for any playlist in which that skill difference is too great. We currently plan to set a maximum difference of three skill tiers – roughly the size of an entire skill group (Challenger I -> Challenger Elite).

For example, if you’re a Rising Star (Tier 9), you could play with a friend in Challenger II (Tier 6), or a friend in Superstar (Tier 12), but you won’t be able to play with both at the same time — as the overall skill difference for that party would be 6 tiers.

We recognize that this may negatively impact some groups of players who want to play together in Competitive, but ultimately, we believe that it’s an important change that will appropriately preserve our competitive environment. We also think that Casual playlists are the right place for parties with such wildly-varied ratings to be, though we will continue to listen closely to your feedback as the season wears on.

I had Shooting Stars and Champions play with Challenger-whatever against me in Doubles(I'm Challenger Elite) and I lost all those matches and dropped a division every time. The new changes will prevent this stuff from happening. (The Shooting Stars not so much, but at least I won't see a Champion again)

Not much, but:

I had Shooting Stars and Champions play with Challenger-whatever against me in Doubles(I'm Challenger Elite) and I lost all those matches and dropped a division every time. The new changes will prevent this stuff from happening. (The Shooting Stars not so much, but at least I won't see a Champion again)

Yup. Can't wait. Can't stop all smurfing / boosting but this should reduce the amount of it significantly and maybe just maybe help even out the ranking process a little.

Unicorn

I wish I had friends or a group to play with. I'm sick of being stuck in a rut, league wise and personally as I just can't seem to get better. I sometimes will be the MVP, but most other times I just feel off as I can't get a feel for my team in the short amount of time of a match. I tend to set up passes or set ups since I'm not the best at shots or tricky aerials. I'd hoped after 300 hours something would've clicked for me to be good individually, but I just cant. Granted, I've taken weeks off at a time. I'm so close to Rising Star. Challenger Elite V, but I just lost 3 games in a row and I'm scared of just tanking it. I just want to get to Rising Star, but I just don't see it happening because I just can't make it happen.

Pedersen

Anyone here game on a 21:9 screen? Will receive mine tomorrow along with a 1080 and I'm getting giddy looking at gameplay on youtube. So much field awareness! Almost rocketeer on ps4 so I imagine it will be quite the upgrade going from there.

Also feels nice to start getting the hang of these shots after all this time
https://gfycat.com/MeagerDisguisedGoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom