• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazulic

This was probably my most skillful minute of Rocket League ever, haha. I got a close save and then went for my first ever aerial goal. I was pretty happy with it! The first 10 seconds are kind of boring. I was staying back because I kept thinking the opposing team would center the ball.

Quality isn't the best, but you get the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RlPGlGOXSg

do yourself a solid and turn off camera shake

jett

D-Member
TFW you're losing 1-0 the entire match and you score a goal with three seconds left on the clock, and the win on overtime. Aw yea.

Seems like Cross-play makes the Xbox One take much longer to connect. Connecting to some games took like 3 or 4 minutes. Turning it off and it's back to immediate

I don't usually encounter assholes in unranked, but then there's the guy who tells you 'never play again, retard' and it sours your game for the rest of the night.

I haven't attempted ranked matches yet but I imagine it's more of the same. I just know I won't be trying it any time soon, not until I master some aerial techniques.

I kinda have the opposite... Seems like far more assholes in unranked because people buddy up and then just quit until they play someone whose bad. Usually people in ranked play pretty straight and I see less of the "LOL NICE SAVE" for completely random lucky bounce goals.

I get this strange burning sensation inside when you see some fool ballchaser trying to claim every ball with "I got it" say ez at the end of a 2-3 match, on my team or not. In all seriousness though, I don't get where it comes from considering they must daily run into people who school them. I suck at this 50% of the time, then occasionally dominate a game or two but I've never felt any inclination to belittle the other team even if they weren't remotely a fair match. If anything I complement the other team more in a landslide match to try and keep spirits up.

I know I could avoid this if I just stuck with ranked but the pressure to not whiff just gets to me after a while, especially knowing people expect more of you the further you climb. It just kinda sucks to see it as often as I do now in player matches.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I get this strange burning sensation inside when you see some fool ballchaser trying to claim every ball with "I got it" say ez at the end of a 2-3 match, on my team or not. In all seriousness though, I don't get where it comes from considering they must daily run into people who school them. I suck at this 50% of the time, then occasionally dominate a game or two but I've never felt any inclination to belittle the other team even if they weren't remotely a fair match. If anything I complement the other team more in a landslide match to try and keep spirits up.

I know I could avoid this if I just stuck with ranked but the pressure to not whiff just gets to me after a while, especially knowing people expect more of you the further you climb. It just kinda sucks to see it as often as I do now in player matches.

I would love to filter out the "ez" messages, coming from both my team and the opposing one. It's childish and toxic imo. I totally have been feeling the pressure to perform, especially when you finally break into a new tier of rank you haven't reached before.

jett

D-Member
I just played the biggest waste of time.

Fg2516C.jpg

Why wouldn't you quit, man.

So excited for the update.

One thing I used to ask for was end-game "Winner's circle", and I remember them saying they wanted to do that... it's crazy that the success has fueled them to add more and more things.

So pumped for the accolades, and Im hoping they revamp the score-screen a bit.

of course, I'm super pumped for the new quick chat options, but I really hope we can say "good luck all" and "Lol!".

The fact that they went the extra step to add some kind of special post-game quick chat options to say "Well Played" is awesome.

The other 2 big things I hope they add:

-TEAM COLOURS!!! I love how arenas are two-tone colours in single player and really wish they'd add this. If I'm playing with friends, I'd love to choose my own colour besides blue vs. orange

-PRE-MATCH INTROS. Like in Burnout Paradise, when the game starts, you get a quick 3-5 second drive by of the cars with unique player stats

So, on the blue team you have "Player X: 3000 Career Saves, Player Y: 380 Average Score Per Game" etc.

And within that, I'd like to have a pre-match quick chat option to say "Good Luck All" or "Go Team!".

Norfair

-PRE-MATCH INTROS. Like in Burnout Paradise, when the game starts, you get a quick 3-5 second drive by of the cars with unique player stats

If you spectate you kind of get a one second pan of three cars right before each kick off. It's kinda cool.

But honestly I wouldn't want to wait up to 24 to 40 seconds for a match to start.

I mean, you wasted a lot of your own time. All those replays for the overkill 15+ pts drew the match out longer, no?

Yeah, if I'm playing an uneven match and the lone guy on the other team won't quit out, I'll intentionally not score and run the clock. Just play keep away. It's the fastest way to end the match.

Anyway, I can't believe I'm still playing this game every day. I still haven't beat Uncharted 4 because all I do is play this game.

Just ordered the Collectors Edition on PC from Amazon prime for 26 shipped. Had to. I need those cars day one. Now I'll have an extra copy of the game and all the DLC to hand out to some friends.

Coxy100

Banned
Thanks to the demo (xbox) the devs have earned a purchase :) Ordered the physical copy to arrive in a couple of weeks.

I presume my progress will carry over?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Thanks to the demo (xbox) the devs have earned a purchase :) Ordered the physical copy to arrive in a couple of weeks.

I presume my progress will carry over?

The game in the weekend bundle is the same as the standard game, so the save files should be the same.

I wish I hadn't been so skeptical of this game when it originally released on PS4, I just played the xbone version last night and
HOLY SHIT!
this is the best sports game I have played in at least 2 generations!

I played for 3 hours straight last night and almost completed a season on default settings. Is the community for this game pretty friendly? I can see there being some pretty intensely competitive assholes online.

ErichWK

Is that the real engine noise? Say it is so.

Also, these 4 premium cars as DLC, do they come with their own rocket trails too? Or, is it purely the car and wheels, and no new trails/paint filter?

No trails or paint filter. They all have dope skins. We are doing a bunch of rare drops for the next update. So you will get plenty of fixins then.

Dawg.

Like you have no idea how big this next drop is gonna be.

It's gonna be like.....Dope. Like BubbleGum Crisis!! levels of dope.

No trails or paint filter. They all have dope skins. We are doing a bunch of rare drops for the next update. So you will get plenty of fixins then.

Dawg.

Like you have no idea how big this next drop is gonna be.

It's gonna be like.....Dope. Like BubbleGum Crisis!! levels of dope.

I just want the candy corn trail with no candy corn...pls devs.

No trails or paint filter.

You guys already created the best rocket trial anyway (Flowers). Everything else would be a step down. :p

EDIT: I just did some random Googling and it looks like a ton of people dislike the flower trail. What the hell? It's the best, and I'm being completely serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom