• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Yeah what about it?

should post one before the update goes live tonight

:O

--------

With season 2 ending later today; my stats on Xbox One:
thekeypitnaqmb.png

May the Boost be with you in Season 3!

Ran rp

If they're gonna throw in circus-maps like Neo tokyo they need to put in the option to exclude maps from the ranked game search. With that option people would also be able to exclude wasteland, which would be a win for everyone.

nope.

the wasteland hate is really getting irritating. if you're actually good at RL you shouldn't have any problems with wasteland.

Hasney

Getting away from guest play I'd like to revert back to what I said before. I said that smurfing was harder on PS4, because you need Plus when you make a new account to play online.

Is that statement true? The other guy said it wasn't, because you don't need plus. But that's wrong, right? Outside of guest play, you need Plus to play this game online, no?

I want clarity on it because I want to know if I should turn PC cross play off or on.

No, as long as a primary account member has Plus, you can play online with any account on it.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/PS4-Online-Multiplayer-Requirements/?

In almost all cases, a PlayStation Plus account is needed to play online multiplayer on the PS4™.
If a PS Plus member registers a PlayStation 4 as their "primary" system, anyone who uses that system has the ability to play online multiplayer, regardless of whether or not they are PS Plus members. Additionally, as many as four players can simultaneously play online on the same console, even if they don't subscribe to PlayStation Plus.

PSY・S;207786207 said:
nope.

the wasteland hate is really getting irritating. if you're actually good at RL you shouldn't have any problems with wasteland.

I don't have any problem with playing it, I just don't like it. I loved Neo Tokyo in Rocket Labs but I don't think it should be in ranked either.

Ah well, probably time to move on from the game entirely. It's getting to not be for me.

Unicorn

3.5 hour to update? Or, what? I never got my blue star, but hopefully this next season will not consistently match me onto losing teams.

bjaelke

Can we post before it hits 20K? I was gonna make a thread for the update once it's released. Probably should anyway cause OT2 is relegated to community.

No rule about posting before hitting the 20k mark. Biggest content update so far and a new competitive season is something to celebrate.

galvatron

Just got the game a month ago and minus an overwatch break, I've been playing it pretty often. Any resources for getting better that you guys can point me to would be appreciated. I get the occasional air hit and have a high percentage of getting back on defense and covering goal, but that's about the extent of my skills. I do try to play back and fill the role the team needs, though.

Also, I've never played ranked...is it much different? I feel like I should be more advanced before trying that or have a set group to play with...

steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998569948/

Feel free to add me if my skill level doesn't seem too low.

Majukun

Just got the game a month ago and minus an overwatch break, I've been playing it pretty often. Any resources for getting better that you guys can point me to would be appreciated. I get the occasional air hit and have a high percentage of getting back on defense and covering goal, but that's about the extent of my skills. I do try to play back and fill the role the team needs, though.

Also, I've never played ranked...is it much different? I feel like I should be more advanced before trying that or have a set group to play with...

steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998569948/

Feel free to add me if my skill level doesn't seem too low.

not a great player myself,but from what i've seen it's important to

-use the training to get the physics right,both of the ball and of your car..the latter will help for obvious reason,while the former will help you understand where the ball is going to land/rebound,which is a big advantage bacause...

-position is crucial,either for defending,attacking or whatever inbetween,knowing where to be at any given moment is crucial since at least at low levels,70% of the goals are made because of some mistake in positioning,especially learn when to attack the ball and when it's better to retreat because the opponent has too much of an advantage on the ball.
You probably already know ,but if you are playing on a team,avoid staying right behind the teammate who has the ball..it's tempting because you can pick up from where he left if he has problem advancing,but it also means that a single touch can take out both you and your teammate and lead to a very easy counterattack from the opponents.

-also,as a personal favor,please don't leave the goal during a kickoff to get the booster on the corner,it's not worth at all,especially since you have a booster directly in front of you as you start,and if your opponent scores,the booster is useless

the rest it's really just lot of practice and training,but as long as you try to play with your teammates and play by the book,you are going to get far enough in this game,as long as your teammates do the same..sadly there isn't really much you can do with bad teammates that just want to touch the ball without rhyme or reason

TheKeyPit

Banned
I mean. this Update is SO big and the game has changed so much since release that we really should do an OT2.

I mean, the game supports one additional platform (Xbox One) + the OT never got an update since like 1000BC.

Edit:
Are we not technically getting any "new" maps? Just a re-skinned Underpass?

:EDIT: Oh wait we're getting Pillars too right?

The map isn't only reskinned. They said in a stream that they adjusted the sides for some reason(can't remember).

3.5 hour to update? Or, what? I never got my blue star, but hopefully this next season will not consistently match me onto losing teams.

We should see a slight improvement w/opposing team parties as they can only smurf within 3 divisions. And there might be a small carryover effect from this in terms of crap players not getting boosted to ranks they shouldn't be in (and ending up being our teammates).

But it's still ELO and only based on wins/losses with no idea of actual skill of a player. People will still smurf once they hit their skill ceiling. People will still use boost sites / have better friends play on their accounts to boost to artificial ranks. Ranks will still stagnate as I don't think they are making any changes to top tiers to encourage those players to keep playing ranked. So I'm not holding my breath.

But on the bright side the Rocket Labs map I hate has been skinned and added to ranked play =D

ErichWK

I'm sure you worked butts off and the map will look sick. Just not a fan of the map. And this is from a pro-Wasteland guy.

We are gonna x4 amount of chances wasteland gets played now.

Actually only wasteland and neo tokyo in ranked.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sullichin

Wait.. is Wasteland still in ranked after this update?
Someone please tell me no.

I don't know anyone who likes this map. It's baffling to me that it's in a playlist where all of the other maps are geometrically identical

Ruruja

Wait.. is Wasteland still in ranked after this update?
Someone please tell me no.

I don't know anyone who likes this map. It's baffling to me that it's in a playlist where all of the other maps are geometrically identical

I like it. Once you get used to it, it becomes just like any other map - just with slightly different geometry, but that adds a nice change to the usual games. I was against it being added to ranked before but now I don't mind it.

Neo Tokyo should be ranked too, it looks too cool be to wasted in unranked/labs/whatever.

EDIT: Oh it is? Cool, cool cool cool.

Pretty big update size wise for RL. I've convinced myself I'm going to love these new colored parts but I know in reality toppers and stuff just distract me. Looking forward to seeing what variations I can get in the wheels though for sure.

ErichWK

Just wanna say i fought real hard to put that junk food skin in. So you better equip it. Flex..was surprisingly universal for everyone liking it. :p

Just wanna say i fought real hard to put that junk food skin in. So you better equip it. Flex..was surprisingly universal for everyone liking it. :p

You have my thanks, I don't even use Breakout but it did come in handy to trade bunch of them in and get a lightning boost trail!! Seriously though I had no idea you guys were putting in extra decals and trails. I thought it was just recolored versions of the items already in.

Amazing update! I'm loving trading in all my old dupes right now and just seeing this new rares rolling in.

Nete

I have a weird issue with the game interacting either with Steam Controller or Steam Big Picture (as it activates when launching a game with the controller plugged in). When playing, if I want to write something in the chat, when pressing any of the keys to activate it (T or Y) it opens the controller writing method instead letting me using the keyboard as always.

This wasn't happening before the patch. Anyone else playing with a Steam Controller and this problem?

EDIT: This also happens when I want to give a name to a savegame.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I have a weird issue with the game interacting either with Steam Controller or Steam Big Picture (as it activates when launching a game with the controller plugged in). When playing, if I want to write something in the chat, when pressing any of the keys to activate it (T or Y) it opens the controller writing method instead letting me using the keyboard as always.

This wasn't happening before the patch. Anyone else playing with a Steam Controller and this problem?
Same here. I hate it

Majukun

can't see the new stickers i found combining items..they are there when i try to fuse again,but i can't apply them to the car

Karl2177

So this problem just cropped up last week. For no reason, my ping has jumped from around 50-70 average up to 450-500 average. No idea what caused this.

Took breaks every 2 games and somehow managed to go 8-2 in placement games in Solo 3's. Ranked is HORRIFYING. You have even less idea then you usually do what you are going to get, but overall it's kind of fun as both teams are under the same handicap. Really good players seem scarce so far. Maybe they already climbed higher or maybe they are holding off until things settle a little? Or maybe they just don't play solo 3's as they know playing with randoms is a bad idea :)

First game was of course on fucking NEO TOKYO and it was as big a train wreck as it was in Rocket Labs. But we won :) I like it a little bit more than in RL. It looks amazing. I love the visual effect (circle) when the ball hits the walls. Would like to see it on all maps. It feels smaller, which I don't like. I think the ramps are wider (like this) and middle narrower? Ramp transitions are smoother but visually they are harder to see with the skin they used. Or this could all be in my head. All that said it doesn't belong in ranked. It's just too damn different from everything else. The transition is jarring.

Surprisingly love the item trading system although I got a lot of duplicates and at one point 6 of the same Octane decals in a row. Some awesome boost trails which is great as the reward boosts were kind of disappointing.

Overall another nice update which likely has a lot of things not even mentioned in release notes (turtle goals are tracked and some maps look different for starters). Time will tell if changes to ranked play make any difference.

I burned through so many dupes, got those lightning and ice trails. Right now I'm not in love with Neo Tokyo but I also bitched a lot about Wasteland and now it's just another map, so I guess I will end up tolerating it the way one tolerates a friend with an annoying habit, like poking your anus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom