• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reached prospect elite status on a ranked playlist. Do I get anything for that? :p

One more rank and you get this on Monday. Worth doing since they most likely won't be made available again.

Link
01_Challenger.gif

are you talking about the bars in each playlist? if so it represents how many people are in the playlist (longest bars are always unranked 3v3 and ranked 2v2). has nothing to do with progress in ranking up.

Noaloha

Some of the twitch comments are funny, lots of "who are these?" with an occasional "they're just a bunch of random champ rank players who said fuck it let's make a team".

Just curious, has anyone been experiencing any unusual lag recently? I've noticed that a lot of goals are being followed up by lag complaints by the enemy teams recently. I'd like to think this isn't just another crappy attitude developing within the community, but I've not been seeing any of this sudden lag myself. It's playing just the same as it always has for me.

Noobcraft

Just curious, has anyone been experiencing any unusual lag recently? I've noticed that a lot of goals are being followed up by lag complaints by the enemy teams recently. I'd like to think this isn't just another crappy attitude developing within the community, but I've not been seeing any of this sudden lag myself. It's playing just the same as it always has for me.
I've been getting jankiness in some matches. Even if I have a good ping (~40ms) sometimes I get rubberbanding that messes with me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I had Shooting Stars and Champions play with Challenger-whatever against me in Doubles(I'm Challenger Elite) and I lost all those matches and dropped a division every time. The new changes will prevent this stuff from happening. (The Shooting Stars not so much, but at least I won't see a Champion again)

You haven't lived until you've seen outright admittance to cheating/alts in Prospect along with Prospects being linked to Rising Stars in a party.

Made me swear off trying to get to Challenger (I was like Division 4-5 before tumbling to 2 because of said cheaters) and swearing off Ranked again after a friend forced me into it before the season was starting to end.

Are we going to have another Gaf tournament? If I remember correctly, Pepi couldn't play in the last one, but Laz did. We might have to find a way to seed them at the top. :)

Would be great to play with you all again. My son is on summer break now, so I'm trying to get him back into Rocket League. I think we won like one game in the last tournament but we learned a lot and are definitely better and ready to compete and learn some more.

I want a black mohawk topper. I hope it's a thing. Remember not to trade away all your painted items player trades are coming!
Are we going to have another Gaf tournament? If I remember correctly, Pepi couldn't play in the last one, but Laz did. We might have to find a way to seed them at the top. :)

Would be great to play with you all again. My son is on summer break now, so I'm trying to get him back into Rocket League. I think we won like one game in the last tournament but we learned a lot and are definitely better and ready to compete and learn some more.
Maybe we should have a NeoTokyo NeoGaf tournament!

I doubt it will be fixed for Season 3 but they really need to make you face stronger opposition quicker to eliminate the ridiculous grind. There are WAY too many games against equal or lesser competition. I just went 14-3 and did not move up one fucking division. And when I finally do move up one loss will send me right back down.

And you wonder why people resort to smurfing...

^^^ This is not true. You don't need an additional PS+ account. You just need to create an an extra PSN account (takes 2 minutes and is free).

How do you play online without Plus, then?

Believe me I have tried. When I have game nights I try and get friends into a game with me, and we play against other players online, but the game doesn't let me do it. It should be signing them in as a guest and allowing them to play off of my plus membership, but it won't do that, even when they are a guest, and when they are not, it just prompts them to subscribe to Playstation plus.

The only way we have figured out how to do it is to make a new account then subscribe to the one day Playstation Plus trial, which takes more than 2 minutes, as you need a unique email too.

J. Bravo

Believe me I have tried. When I have game nights I try and get friends into a game with me, and we play against other players online, but the game doesn't let me do it. It should be signing them in as a guest and allowing them to play off of my plus membership, but it won't do that, even when they are a guest, and when they are not, it just prompts them to subscribe to Playstation plus.

The only way we have figured out how to do it is to make a new account then subscribe to the one day Playstation Plus trial, which takes more than 2 minutes, as you need a unique email too.
my buddy has a psn account and we can play split screen online using my ps+. we've been doing it for at least 9 months.

You can't play as a guest. You need to add a user on PS4. Fill in the PSN account details (email address & password). There will be a prompt about subscribing to ps+ but you just skip that / say not now. You don't need a subscription. There will be a question about making this ps4 you primary ps4 -- say no to that. And after some social media type questions you will be all set.

Note this is if you want to add a 2nd account to play rocket league or most other games (up to the developer) that 1st account bought / owns. If you want to play with someone else at same time on same ps4 I don't know about that.

dawid

If they're gonna throw in circus-maps like Neo tokyo they need to put in the option to exclude maps from the ranked game search. With that option people would also be able to exclude wasteland, which would be a win for everyone.

rafaelr

two details i found out when i had this exact same problem recently:
the account with ps+ must have set the ps4 as his primary (to enable the ps4 benefits for all other users on the console).
also, i think the account with ps+ should be the one to launch the game and the others should join him.

i´m not sure about having to use full psn accounts (user 1/2 etc.) for splitscreen, as i´ve played against teams where it said "namexyz" and "namexyz[1]" which i would assume is a guest.

You can't play as a guest. You need to add a user on PS4. Fill in the PSN account details (email address & password). There will be a prompt about subscribing to ps+ but you just skip that / say not now. You don't need a subscription. There will be a question about making this ps4 you primary ps4 -- say no to that. And after some social media type questions you will be all set.

Note this is if you want to add a 2nd account to play rocket league or most other games (up to the developer) that 1st account bought / owns. If you want to play with someone else at same time on same ps4 I don't know about that.

Interesting... I'll have to try it. I imagine just one person messed up the login or something. We actually usually play with 8 people, so that's 6 guest accounts that need to press the right buttons on their screen so that it lets us play.

How would you make a smurf account on PS4 then? Without plus? The other guy said that you can, but I don't see how.

the account with ps+ must have set the ps4 as his primary (to enable the ps4 benefits for all other users on the console).
also, i think the account with ps+ should be the one to launch the game and the others should join him.

i´m not sure about having to use full psn accounts (user 1/2 etc.) for splitscreen, as i´ve played against teams where it said "namexyz" and "namexyz[1]" which i would assume is a guest.

Ah... and here lies my problem then it would seem. We have two PS4s and the accounts we were using were both set to eachs primary, as that's how I share games across the two of them.

1.the account with ps+ must have set the ps4 as his primary (to enable the ps4 benefits for all other users on the console).
2.also, i think the account with ps+ should be the one to launch the game and the others should join him.

3.i´m not sure about having to use full psn accounts (user 1/2 etc.) for splitscreen, as i´ve played against teams where it said "namexyz" and "namexyz[1]" which i would assume is a guest.
1. Correct. The PS4 must be activated as the primary PS4 of someone who has PS+.
2. Incorrect. I've had my son, who does not have PS+, start RL on his profile and play splitscreen with my other son and friends (who signed in with their accounts).
3. Incorrect. Everyone on the PS4 who plays must have a PSN account. The guest names you describe are from PC players doing local splitscreen from one Steam account.

I could be mistaken, though. Let me know if any of this isn't right.

rafaelr

1. Correct. The PS4 must be activated as the primary PS4 of someone who has PS+.
2. Incorrect. I've had my son, who does not have PS+, start RL on his profile and play splitscreen with my other son and friends (who signed in with their accounts).
3. Incorrect. Everyone on the PS4 who plays must have a PSN account. The guest names you describe are from PC players doing local splitscreen from one Steam account.

I could be mistaken, though. Let me know if any of this isn't right.

wasn´t completely sure about the last 2 points, thanks for clearing this up.

Getting away from guest play I'd like to revert back to what I said before. I said that smurfing was harder on PS4, because you need Plus when you make a new account to play online.

Is that statement true? The other guy said it wasn't, because you don't need plus. But that's wrong, right? Outside of guest play, you need Plus to play this game online, no?

I want clarity on it because I want to know if I should turn PC cross play off or on.

Getting away from guest play I'd like to revert back to what I said before. I said that smurfing was harder on PS4, because you need Plus when you make a new account to play online.

Is that statement true? The other guy said it wasn't, because you don't need plus. But that's wrong, right? Outside of guest play, you need Plus to play this game online, no?

I want clarity on it because I want to know if I should turn PC cross play off or on.

PC adds 40k concurrent players. I play obviously with a lot since I am PC but I see smurfs on consoles as well. I wouldn't avoid any playerbase to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom