• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah pillars is cool, still trying to play neo tokyo D:

Also did rocket lab visuals get updated? Feels smoother I don't know. Especially on donut.

BHK3

Banned
How do you play on the new map or listen to the new music? When the desert map came out I was always on it but I don't remember how. Did they promise a Japanese announcer or something?

Villa, CR, and I ran into a couple of Gaffers tonight, tried to say hi in game.

Is the rankings currently messed up? We are all getting ranked way lower than normal.

Babalu.

went 9-1 in unranked.

got us to prospect 3.

went another 8-1 and got to prospect elite and then gold 1.

ended it there.

its very wierd being a prospect. never been that low before.

our only 2 losses were from full teams of "season 2 grand champions" in gold letters on their names and one had a " monthly champion" with the "season 2 grand champions"

like damn

Villa, CR, and I ran into a couple of Gaffers tonight, tried to say hi in game.

Is the rankings currently messed up? We are all getting ranked way lower than normal.

Ranks and MMR were reset for the first time. In season 2 your placement also took into consideration season ones ranking. This time around they completely wiped everything. I'm guessing because of smurfing they want everyone to have a fresh start again. Those placement matches are going to be a bloodbath for awhile.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Oh dear, this will be fun.

Edit:
50% downloaded.

-----

OT 2, where are you?

-----

Almost done. Think I'll use my cousins xbox account to test some ranked doubles with the reset.

bjaelke

Got to play 2 games before work. Lost both due to unfavourable matchmaking. Hopefully most will be placed by the time I get home tonight.

Those new kick off positions really surprised me.

Done for the night. Winning 70% of my games despite consistently getting short end of stick w/teammates. Like pulling teeth. I can't take one more game. Dreams of getting matched in a game w/a pro officially shattered :)

Pillars is pretty dope. Surprised by that.

I feel like I'm getting way less drops than before. Like barely any in ~30 games.

tch

Game is running differently for me post-update. It's super smooth but it feels like there is a slight input delay. It really sucks.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed the game has been running a lot more smoothly for me. I think some optimization has happened as the fire/smoke effects don't cause my fps to tank anymore (I'm on a laptop).

I'm super pleased with the update, and Im glad that the standard arena mold is being broken up in ranked! Keeping a fixed arena would only prevent the game growing as a whole.

Noaloha

Damn, I've not played in close to two weeks as I've been binge-ing on Runescape Legends. Just after that short time away from the game, my instincts are muddy as hell. I'm second-guessing every approach to the ball so I'm either getting beaten to the touch if I go for it or getting caught flat-footed if I hold back. Painful. I need to get my gut-decisioneering back in play.

bjaelke

zONaQVQ.gif

man that's naughty

can be unlocked by trading

I got 3 super rare boosts and a ton of rare items (decals, toppers, etc)... but I don't think I got any antennas. They just not out yet?

I got my first painted item but I'm not a huge fan of car toppers, so I'm looking forward to the trading system.

Got a bunch of MEH from my dupes. Grinding commence.

Neo Tokyo is fun. Already seen a bunch of strange goals.

These placement matches and super players in the lower ranked matches are brutal. I was on both sides of more blowouts tonight than I've ever seen in this game.

Now the wait for the neo Tokyo cars.

What's the drop rate like? I swear I used to be getting drops all the time but now I actually want them it just won't happen. This stat reset is a total PITA for player matches since it seems we're all being classified as rookies regardless. They may as well have just reset the ranks to rookie too if that's what's happening invisibly.

Also what's up with getting Prospect III after winning 9/10 games in duel? Figured I would at least get ranked challenger for that

Makeda

Since this new update went live I've been having insane amounts of stuttering making the game at times barely playable. Has anyone else experienced this?

FYi - Currently playing on Asian servers

Full list of available items: http://i.imgur.com/mwuAf6i.jpg

Was hoping for a bit more to be honest, at least more decals and stuff rather than just toppers. That said, the racer skin for octane is my new main anyway since it looks stellar in white and goes well with the lightning boost.

Seems I already have all the skins and am only missing the ice boost already. Loads of the toppers to go still though. I though there were supposed to be color variants too?

MUnited83

For you.
What's the drop rate like? I swear I used to be getting drops all the time but now I actually want them it just won't happen. This stat reset is a total PITA for player matches since it seems we're all being classified as rookies regardless. They may as well have just reset the ranks to rookie too if that's what's happening invisibly.

Also what's up with getting Prospect III after winning 9/10 games in duel? Figured I would at least get ranked challenger for that

I won 8/10, got Prospect III too. Doesn't make much sense.

Was hoping for a bit more to be honest, at least more decals and stuff rather than just toppers. That said, the racer skin for octane is my new main anyway since it looks stellar in white and goes well with the lightning boost.

Seems I already have all the skins and am only missing the ice boost already. Loads of the toppers to go still though. I though there were supposed to be color variants too?
Color and certified variants for toppers and wheels. I still have yet to get a painted or certified item.

Color and certified variants for toppers and wheels. I still have yet to get a painted or certified item.

I finally got a painted item! I think they're only rare drops rather than attainable by trading like the other items. No wheel variant yet though. I'm REALLY hoping for some white wheels to match my car.

Ranks and MMR were reset for the first time. In season 2 your placement also took into consideration season ones ranking. This time around they completely wiped everything. I'm guessing because of smurfing they want everyone to have a fresh start again. Those placement matches are going to be a bloodbath for awhile.

That explains why I was fighting against aerial pros with teammates who couldn't tell their dick from a doorknob.

RefigeKru

Banned
Just got a faulty connection 3 mins into a game we were winning 4-0.

Booted to main menu and it won't let me rejoin.

Banned from MM for 10 mins.

Liking the update. Finished as Challenger Elite last season and placed in Prospect 2. Won a few more after my placement and finished Prospect 3, Division 3.

I did end the night beating a S2 Grand Champion, so that felt nice.

The Holy cow, Savage Savage Savage combo is a beautiful thing, as well.

I really haven't stopped by this fine OT here but I had to say how awesome the Neo Tokyo arena is. I LOVE it. Also had a moment last night where I scored a goal from making a save in Snow Day while one player from the other team tried to mess me up in the net. One of the best moments in this game when you pull that off. Always makes me laugh when people try to hit you when you're playing goalie/defense because they just can't score.

Nete

I have a weird issue with the game interacting either with Steam Controller or Steam Big Picture (as it activates when launching a game with the controller plugged in). When playing, if I want to write something in the chat, when pressing any of the keys to activate it (T or Y) it opens the controller writing method instead letting me using the keyboard as always.

This wasn't happening before the patch. Anyone else playing with a Steam Controller and this problem?

EDIT: This also happens when I want to give a name to a savegame.

After doing some tests on this, it seems related to just Steam Big Picture. If I launch the game with the controller unplugged and then I plug it in once the game is starting so Big Picture isn't launched, everything works as expected.

GeeTeeCee

I'm getting matched with a lot of rookies in 3v3 unranked, when it used to be all experts, masters and legends pre-patch.

For the first time since launch day, I feel like a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom