• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

Just me or are higher ranked players in lower tiers after the patch. I'm by no means good but I'm down a full tier and getting my ass kicked haha

Yes they reset the rankings entirely, everybody is starting from scratch so the high players will be working their way through the ranks.

Though that does let you do some good stuff!

20160621234255_1.jpg

I really want one of those golden tags :(

You mean the droning hum of dead Rocket League players haunting the arenas?

Of the sporadic volume decreases/increases?

Then yes.

That droning hum seems to be new ball SFX, either that or it's not sitting in the mix quite right. Go into training and kick it around a bit, not only is it loud as all hell in general, when it's slowly rolling it just gets deeper and louder instead of dropping off.

Unicorn

Finally putting time into 1v1 ranked so I can actually work on improving my dribbling, boost control, and accuracy of shots. I've spent so much time trying to be support/passer and usually not having teammate randoms that can follow up passes.

Finally putting time into 1v1 ranked so I can actually work on improving my dribbling, boost control, and accuracy of shots. I've spent so much time trying to be support/passer and usually not having teammate randoms that can follow up passes.

Or is it because you're finally realizing that 1v1 is the best gametype.

AcridMeat

Banned
You go to Garage > Item Management. I think you'll have to trade rares for it, but I'm not sure.
Oh okay, I thought it was via player trading when it was mentioned earlier. I know about the duplicate trade in, and did that as much as I could. I actually got duplicate rares from it.

Yes they reset the rankings entirely, everybody is starting from scratch so the high players will be working their way through the ranks.

Though that does let you do some good stuff!

I really want one of those golden tags :(
Oh they completely reset it? Dang. That explains it, thanks. I've been either winning by double figures or scrambling to keep the other teams score down.

Bollocks

solo 3, got placed into prospect 2, was challenger elite in season 2.

at least I have something to do now but I'm not looking forward to my teammates at this level, defending it is, slow and steady

TheKeyPit

Banned
Oh my... I'm starting to dislike this reset. It will probably take at least a week to establish a somewhat decent ranking overall. Everyone is Prospect something.This is no fun. I'm out of Ranked for the time it takes to settle the ranking.

Edit: Solo Duel is currently the only playlist that works somewhat nice. I started with Prospect Elite and then got up into Challenger 1 and the opponents are matched pretty good.

Fuck I won 8/8 matches to get my rank in solo standard. Maybe I should just disconnect the last 2, I don't want to be put too high for my skill.

Fuck I won 8/8 matches to get my rank in solo standard. Maybe I should just disconnect the last 2, I don't want to be put too high for my skill.

Not gonna happen. 9/10 wins didn't even get me prospect elite. I'll honestly be surprised if you even get challenger from winning 10/10. I was REALLY hoping to get a blue rank for that personally.

That is good to know, I play around 30 games/month on average I would say and I was having a blast in the challenger ranks. I did notice some crazy players now during the placement matches and that got me worried.

I'm getting matched with a lot of rookies in 3v3 unranked, when it used to be all experts, masters and legends pre-patch.

For the first time since launch day, I feel like a god.

I would, except somehow in every game my teammates are morons with no concept of rotation and the other team is all Experts passing like the Globetrotters. Making my favorite game less fun right now :\

Ran rp

I won like 8/10 games and got placed in Challenger III. The next game bought me to Elite.

My teammates have been mostly decent.

Majukun

is there something bove the purple items?
got only 2 and both are the heart trail which i don't like..what happens if i get 5 purple and combine them together?can it be even done?

PSY・S;207995825 said:
I won like 8/10 games and got placed in Challenger III. The next game bought me to Elite.

My teammates have been mostly decent.
I won 9/10 and we absolutely destroyed the majority, yet I only got Challenger I. Doubles if that makes any difference

Babalu.

what are people not understanding about a FULL MMR WIPE.

everyone from prospect to grand champs are playing together right now.

Most purple people from last season are up to gold/blue right now. prospect is only getting previous purple people if they are starting late.

Even if you went 10/10 on placement matches and beat all season 2 grand champions, the best you were gonna place is in gold.

stop worrying. and the stars and champions are getting out of gold soon, the ones who are playing enough.

I won 9/10 and we absolutely destroyed the majority, yet I only got Challenger I. Doubles if that makes any difference

Because you're all starting from 0, so your MMR gains aren't likely to be that high. I won 40+ games in a row when I started playing ranked on RL, and it didn't even take me all the way to gold in season 1.

CodeNfX

Is it possible to drop a rank like say from Challenger to Prospect? I lost many games in Challenger 1 and have yet to drop to Prospect on last season.

Is the limitation of only getting item drops in the first 10 hours of play a week still in? I feel like that is REALLY going to kill the fun of collecting painted items. I've already clocked 10 hours this week so that basically means no more items until next week, and no real idea when the reset is either.

Is the limitation of only getting item drops in the first 10 hours of play a week still in? I feel like that is REALLY going to kill the fun of collecting painted items. I've already clocked 10 hours this week so that basically means no more items until next week, and no real idea when the reset is either.
That was never in. I think the more you play the more you get drops.

Edit: That is news to me. Had no idea there was a limit.

Finished up some placement matches.

Standard Prospect Elite
Duel Prospect 3
2s Prospect 3

That was never in. I think the more you play the more you get drops.

Edit: That is news to me. Had no idea there was a limit.

Finished up some placement matches.

Standard Prospect Elite
Duel Prospect 3
2s Prospect 3

Taken from a patch notes post from February.

There is a maximum of ten hours of playtime per week that can earn items, so don’t bother trying to idle your way to a full inventory!

Kind of think that could do with being removed or tweaked in some way to let people keep collecting when playing online. You can't exactly idle your way through online matches anyway since you get booted pretty quickly.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Taken from a patch notes post from February.

Kind of think that could do with being removed or tweaked in some way to let people keep collecting when playing online. You can't exactly idle your way through online matches anyway since you get booted pretty quickly.

10 hours of playtime per week. We are talking raw playtime here, right? That would mean 120 matches a week to unlock stuff.

lord pie

It's it me or is the audio completely messed up after the latest update? Seems to have some kind of dynamic volume thing... is absolutely awful.

Also getting the busted matchmaking too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom