• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsguy

Had a great time playing with you RocketGAF, I'll add more people later and we can get some more 4v4 games.

I swear this is probably my GOTY so far. I haven't played Bloodborne or The Witcher 3 yet, but I think it has overtaken Batman Arkham Knight and OliOli 2 IMO.

I said during the beta that it was my GOTY. Of course I knew people would laugh at me. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW GAF?? Muahahahaha

Wow, already stuck at the advanced tutorial. It's the double jump part where you have to knock the balls out of the air. Last one left and I'm not even close to hitting it.

I thought I was holding my own during the beta but now I can't even jump apparently :p

Edit: nevermind, got it. Was holding X too long bwahahaha

down 2 orth

Just downloaded this game earlier today. Screwed around with it for an hour and a half and I already see now why people are saying this trumps the GwG Ass Creed offering. It becomes clear pretty quickly why this whole concept is brilliant.

Anyway, I'll use the server downtime to try to get the hang of the gameplay, so its not a problem for me personally.

Tunavi

Banned
Wow, already stuck at the advanced tutorial. It's the double jump part where you have to knock the balls out of the air. Last one left and I'm not even close to hitting it.

I thought I was holding my own during the beta but now I can't even jump apparently :p
don't go full speed towards the ball when you jump. Try double jumping stationary and then tilt your car back to rocket propel upward towards the ball

So is it clear what you have to do to unlock sweet tooth? I read someone say that you have to win a match with every car you have unlocked, but I still needed 1 more win and I unlocked it.

I'm level 7 with 30 goals scored.

I got Sweet Tooth after doing the trophies for all the matches, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3. He unlocked after the 1v1 game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
But you can play it. Just not online. Which isnt a huge deal

I'm not sure if you're for real or not. That's like saying "Yeah the Call of Duty servers are down, but you can play the campaign!". Online is the game, so it's a massive deal.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I understand that these things happen, but it is getting a bit tiresome by now. Haven't been able to play a single online match since the game launched. Was at work during the few hours it was working today...

Had a blast on some private matches earlier. Hopefully matchmaking is working later, but it's worth just partying up.

That's not working either though. We had a party ready to go, but couldn't start a private game.

Fbh

Yeah Matchmaking definitely has issues.
After beating the AI on "all stars" twice in a row I felt confident enough to try some online games but I just spent like 25 minutes searching for a game and nothing. Hope they fix it soon.

Also, and it's not really an issue, does the fan on your consoles also get kinda loud in the main menu? It's weird, because once you are actually playing it goes back to normal

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I think the v-sync setting is broken. I turned it off to see what difference it made (answer: it tears A LOT), and now the game won't stop tearing even after I turn it back on.

I think the v-sync setting is broken. I turned it off to see what difference it made (answer: it tears A LOT), and now the game won't stop tearing even after I turn it back on.

Yeah thats why some encounter loud fans while playing the game. Its because the Vsync has huge problems staying stable.

Chris R

Queue times with 20k people playing last night were concerning.... Hope it's better tonight because the single game I got into was a bunch of fun.

Matchmaking is back up and filling slowly. But at 60k+ players we are seeing some new issues. Queue times are unrelated to playercount - it's issues with the MM server at this scale that are being sorted.

VSync toggle isn't working, but if you restart the game it will be back on if you have it checked. VSync isn't "unstable", but the essential nature of VSync means you'll drop to 30 FPS if you drop below 60..

Fan noise issue is being looked at but you aren't at risk, PS4 will shut off before it damages itself - and nobody has reported any actual issues. It just sounds bad.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, it's a massive deal. Playing against bots is fine for getting used to how the game works and honing your skills, but the real game happens online.

Exactly, offline gets boring very fast, whereas I can play online all day. It's a completely different game online.

Slixshot

Banned
Matchmaking is back up and filling slowly. But at 60k+ players we are seeing some new issues. Queue times are unrelated to playercount - it's issues with the MM server at this scale that are being sorted.

VSync toggle isn't working, but if you restart the game it will be back on if you have it checked. VSync isn't "unstable", but the essential nature of VSync means you'll drop to 30 FPS if you drop below 60..

Fan noise issue is being looked at but you aren't at risk, PS4 will shut off before it damages itself - and nobody has reported any actual issues. It just sounds bad.

Oooo do you work for Pysionix?

The loud fan issue: This happens to the PC as well. My friends PC goes apeshit while playing this game.

MMaRsu

Actually, it's a massive deal. Playing against bots is fine for getting used to how the game works and honing your skills, but the real game happens online.

I understand and I totally agree. But honestly its not that big a deal for me personally. I didnt play the beta so ill just keep playing split screen or against pro bots ( which are hard as hell )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom