• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjAUT

This game sometimes makes my PS4 go super loud.

Kinda worries me.

Same here, mostly in the main menu.

However, when I move the camera to look at my car from above the fan noise reduces significantly. Probably the stadium animations in the background which aren't visible from this POV cause some stress on the GPU/CPU.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Add PSN: ROCKETLEAGUE-GAF then add its friends so that you have people to invite.

I just unlocked Sweet Tooth.

Level 6, only played a couple exhibition 3v3 matches. Started a rookie season to practice, and he unlocked after the 5th game. No clue what the requirement is.

Grinchy

Banned
I kinda hope that some of the DLC comes with new trophy lists that have more difficult-to-get trophies. I appreciate the way they did the base game. Battle Cars was such a nightmare to get trophies in since the mini-games were so absurdly hard to 5-star sometimes.

But this is too easy. I'd love to see some trophies for things that are hard to pull off.

I had my doubts, but ok yeah - this game is awesome. Been playing all morning. Did a 9 week season, won that, then won the whole thing. Then hopped online thinking I was hot shit and couldn't even score a goal. Oh well, its a friggin' blast anyway. Great PS Plus game, this was worth it alone this month.

Peterthumpa

One thing that can't be said enough: the graphics are fantastic. Runs butter smooth @ 1440p for me, and it looks absolutely amazing.

How does local play work? Are you limited to being offline or can two folks go online together from the same couch?

Anything you can think of, you can do with split-screen:

de9iwDd.png

Do you just unlock items every match? I get something every match win or lose so I guess there's no real criteria for most of these unlocks.

Yes.

Peterthumpa

Anything you can think of, you can do with split-screen:

de9iwDd.png

Yes.

Maybe a question for universally local multiplayer games:

How can I change the name of the extra players? Tell always get inside the game as "steam_username(2). steam_username(3)" and so on.

Is there a way to set a singular name to each player?

Tubie

I might just buy it on PC, too scared to keep playing on PS4.

The devs deserve the money anyway. I can't believe we got such a great game for free with PS+.

Maybe a question for universally local multiplayer games:

How can I change the name of the extra players? Tell always get inside the game as "steam_username(2). steam_username(3)" and so on.

Is there a way to set a singular name to each player?

Not sure, Im on PS4 :p

Add PSN: ROCKETLEAGUE-GAF then add its friends so that you have people to invite.

This is the best way to add friends. Everyone adds this to their friends list then you can just go down its friends list adding everyone super easy without typing anything in. We did it in TrialsGAF too for a while.

qazqaNii

This sucks, I haven't been able to play a single multiplayer match and while I think the game is great and all, I am considering doing a refund, have tried for 2 days to play a single multiplayer game. I know I am going to get bashed for even writing a refund in this thread but I really do want that they sort this thing out asap because it looks promising, if it isn't done by saturday/sunday I am pushing the button sadly.

It's unfortunate it's not working again. It was going great like 8 hours ago, I managed to get in 15 matches or so without any issue. I woke up ready for more.

As an avid Beta player and SARPBC fan, I was extatic to get the the PS4 version for free but with cross-play I might aswell buy it on Steam too for added convenience, no slow-down like on the PS4 at some times and pushing the already awesome graphics to the max! :D Still haven't been able to play online though :(

Same here. I actually paused it at one moment. Don't really recall it being this loud with any other game.

I actually just came here to post this. So far i'm on game 10 of my first season and already almost got the platinum trophy but man, my ps4 is really loud during this. The only other time my system has ever been loud is during Assassin creed Unity menus.

BShadowJ

Pro-tip for you and everyone else. DO NOT HAVE MERLIN ON YOUR TEAM, he is the worst bot, use Tex, and if you're the Pioneers Saltie, Tex and Saltie are the best bots

Listen to this man! I have first hand experience with Merlin, BENCH HIM, and pick Tex, because he's a proud American and a GOD at Rocket League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom